[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pacing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Hi anons. Could you list some examples of films with bad pacing and some with good pacing (Bonus points for reasoning)? It is something I'd like to think about more.
>>
>>79932107
any new Capeshit movie with extended CGI heavy action sequences

>good pacing
die hard
>>
>>79932107
bad pacing
>anything by francis ford coppola

Not even baiting.
>>
>>79932107
>Bad pacing

TDKR and Inception
>>
>>79932107
Doctor Strange: Bad Pacing
>>
Good pacing: Sátántangó
>>
File: 1438137372164.jpg (15KB, 317x275px) Image search: [Google]
1438137372164.jpg
15KB, 317x275px
>bad pacing
batman vs superman, fantastic beasts
>good pacing
silence, whiplash
>>
bad pacing: eyes wide shut
good pacing: barry lyndon
>>
>bad
Flight
They blow their load in the beginning with the incident and the rest is just a slow burn of Denzel drinking.

>good
Sully
They move back and forth from Sully in the current moment dealing with the hearing and in the past to the incident, spread over time. But they do this in a way that isn't jarring. And they save the actual load for the end.
>>
>>79932107
Harry potter are paced great besides 4 and 8. 4 is ok tho.

Fellowship is paced great but TTT and ROTK aren't. Though TTT still works.

Moonlight as good as it was in a bad year was badly paced. Silence was paced well it was just really long.
>>
Can someone explain why Mad Max Fury Road flies in the face of pacing logic and works perfectly?
>>
>>79932637
Eyes Wude Shut was good pacing.
>>
>>79932107
American Hustle was really poorly paced.

Wolf of Wall St was really well paced.
>>
>>79932614
whats wrong with Doctor Strange's pacing?
>>
>>79932743
Nothing he's j
>>
>>79932107
Flagrant, Inexcusably Bad Pacing:
>Kubo and the Two Strings

They were so close. Just a few more months hashing out the script and it could have been stellar. What a mess.
>>
top tier pacing: shaun of the dead.
>>
good pacing: pacific rim.
>>
>>79932636
Whiplash is one of those rare movies with perfect pacing. Like Chinatown.

>>79932708
I can't, actually, but I do agree that it works perfectly somehow.
>>
>>79932107
bad pacing = too fast or too slow, or inappropriate for the sequence/scene. it's all about how action and dialogue are edited to affect a certain mood, effect, etc. and give ample time for the material to breathe and move organically.

see Man of Steel for a film with horrible pacing throughout.

Empire of the Sun is a great example of a film with objectively perfect pacing.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.