[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would "Get Out" work as a franchise?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

I.e exploring the secret world the protagonist uncovers.
>>
>>79921102
No. It shouldn't, anyway. The only power this "secret world" has is in the slow reveal, and the way it builds off the character's anxiety about meeting his girlfriend's parents. The idea doesn't have much shelf life once it reveals its big secrets, this concept would completely fall apart over the course of a sequel.

I liked this movie, though I don't think it deserves either the hype on RottenTomatoes or the controversy on /tv/.
>>
>>79921284

What about an anthology-style thing? Same universe, but different evil plans.
>>
>>79921342
That's stupid. Just fund Jordan Peele's next original idea. That's the only "universe" I'd be interested in.
>>
>>79921570

Why is it stupid? Race is an under-explored motif in horror, and you know it.
>>
>>79921102
I'd be ok with more movies in the same universe. It doesn't have to be just white people but all sorts of races and their relations with each other and the black community. White people got all butthurt about this movie but I don't think it's attacking all whites, just a specific sector of the white community that gets zero criticism for being disingenuous. I feel Peele is attacking the media because these kinds of people run the media. Putting blacks on a pedestal for being black is bullshit.
>>
>>79921102
So you want a Quantum Leap reboot?
>>
>>79922231

It's telling the movie is not set in the South and giving us more evil rednecks.
>>
>>79921893
I agree, I just think this is a good self-contained story that gets its message across. It says what it needs to say without getting too heavy or wearing out its welcome. A sequel would only be a diminishing return.

I don't want more of the same, I want something else that surprises and entertains me like this did, which would mean something new and original. If Peele feels like he wants to make another movie that deals with race relations it'd be more interesting to wipe the slate clean and come at it from a different angle.

We don't need to run EVERY good idea into the ground to squeeze every penny out of it, damn
>>
>>79921893
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xyhVO-SWfM
>>
>>79922799

Maybe a zombie film where race is the real focus, but much more overt than "Night Of The Living Dead".
>>
>>79924210
I want to see a zombie film where the tuskegee experiments led to the creation of a series of black zombies and this was the further basis for their segregation and lynching.

I think it's a story that deserves to be told. It's been done plenty of times with Nazi ones to make much shittier movies.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.