[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arguably the best movie in the last ten years. This will play

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

Arguably the best movie in the last ten years. This will play on TCM eighty years from now.
>>
>forgettable storyline
>terrible script
>mediocre singing and dancing
>being remember in 80 years

Take that cock out of your mouth, kid. Wasn't even the best film of 2016, by a long shot.
>>
>>79902274
TCM won't exist in 80 years.
In fact, every channel today won't exist in 80 years.
>>
>>79902274
It was shit
>>
File: 1413063206016.png (13KB, 640x712px) Image search: [Google]
1413063206016.png
13KB, 640x712px
>>79902358
you're gonna have to try harder than that. those aren't valid criticisms.
>>
Agreed
>>
>>79902389
This. Cable television is dead, it won't last another 10 years.
>>
>>79902637
so what will coming next
>>
>>79902274
Honestly it's not even the whole blind, gay, black, retarded, immigrant, with AIDS that gets me. It's God forbid a fun movie wins Best Picture for a change. When was the last time a film won Best Picture that was actually enjoyable? Argo, perhaps.

Seriously, sit down and think about how far back you have to go before there's a Best Picture winner that you'd sit down and watch if you saw it was on HBO. For me, it's probably The King's Speech, although I also enjoyed Argo and The Artist. For one that I actually know I would watch again, you have to go back to 2007 with No Country for Old Men.

They just have dropped all attempts to not be a pretentious bunch of dickheads pandering to the flavor of the week. And before anyone says it was always this way, it was not. Can you imagine Braveheart winning Best Picture today, or even a not at all offensive, fun film like Forrest Gump? Of course not. They are getting very bad at picking the best film of each year and it's what made the Oscars lose their luster.
>>
>>79903144
you're posting on it, bub.
>>
>>79903230
Holy shit, 4chan is gonna take over cable tv?
>>
>>79903196
Best Picture winners have to be "important" whatever that means.
>>
>>79903250
it already has
>>
>>79903196
the problem is that nobody is making good films any more.

There hasn't been a good film since 2006
>>
>>79902274
IT WAS OLDE HOLLYWOOD TCM BAIT DOWN TO THE ART DECO FONT

DISHONEST FILMMAKING MAY BE A MEME BUT THIS SACK OF SHIT MOVIE IS EXACTLY THAT
>>
File: CRAWLINGINMYSKIN.jpg (7KB, 244x207px) Image search: [Google]
CRAWLINGINMYSKIN.jpg
7KB, 244x207px
>>79903196
I just looked up the history and god you're right.

In the 90's Pretty much every winner was a classic. The only real swindle was Shakespeare in Love over Saving Private Ryan, but honestly Shakespeare in Love is still a pretty good movie.

The 2000's are a bit more shaky, but they still have a lot of classics.

2010's are pretty much crap. Less than half are even enjoyable, let alone rewatchable or memorable in the least.

Where did it all go wrong?
>>
>>79902274
Cool. So what's the argument?
>>
>>79903840
a movie this great speaks for itself. the burden of proof is on you.
>>
>>79904427
La La Land is an enjoyable flick, but nothing is special about outside of the score and dream sequence. Everything else La La Land has done has been done before.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.