[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of pic related? Your own honest thoughts, not memes.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: BEScene.jpg (57KB, 571x432px) Image search: [Google]
BEScene.jpg
57KB, 571x432px
What do you think of pic related? Your own honest thoughts, not memes.
>>
love l ron hubbard
>>
>>79899153
all memes aside....its not very good. has a certain camp value though
>>
>>79899153
tom cruise is going to remake it.
>>
>>79899153
>Your own honest thoughts, not memes.
I fear that such a thing no longer exists.
>>
It's not good, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be. I think it's just hated because retards bought into the hype, but I have no idea why anyone ever thought this sounded good. It's been so long that I don't even remember what people were thinking before release
>>
>>79899153
haven't seen it since I was a teen but I thought it was fine.
>>
Unapologetic fun.
>>
So bad, it's good
>>
>>79899171
what are his thoughts on the jews?
>>
It was so bad I over leveraged my sides.
>>
>>79899153

>man rats getting on thousand year old jet fighters and shooting down alien space ships

Doesnt get dumber than that.
>>
>>79899153
hmmi forgot about this but i rmember watchign this with 2 mates and we enjoyed it

i will dlto re watch it
>>
>>79899232
crazy tilted camera angles, weird color filters and shitty dialogue isn't the same thing as fun.
>>
>>79899273
>>
Travolta's ham acting alone makes the movie worth watching.
>>
>>79899153
I feel like it doesn't deserve the level of hate it gets. It's no worse than a shitton of other campy scifi garbage.
>>
>>79899240
My beliefs are in line with this poster's post.

>>79899207
Honestly would not be surprised by this, or necessarily upset.
>>
Honestly it was A LOT of fun to watch. The ending kind of pissed me off because it happened so fast and it required a shit ton of suspension of disbelief. But I thought the acting was perfect for this movie and I really liked the plot, it was pretty unique. I really loved the beginning where you see cavemen-like humans in the future when intelligent aliens had taken over. After that it turned hilarious but I instantly embraced the tone. Travolta probably took this seriously but you can tell he had a lot of fun playing this role and that makes it comfy to watch.
I honestly think the low as fuck rating is because people hate scientology. It's just an average sci fi movie of the era and it's fun and entertaining.
Many complained about the camera tilt, I thought it was annoying on some scenes but I got used to it and I think it added to the quirky and bizarre tones of the movie.
>>
File: Hubbard.jpg (50KB, 609x370px) Image search: [Google]
Hubbard.jpg
50KB, 609x370px
>>79899288
if you have a few days to spare and you don't mind wasting them, read the book. it's .. weird. there are parts that are almost not bad - like when the Psychlos are building their magic teleportation machines using obfuscated circuitry.. and there are parts that read like they were written by a retarded eight-year-old (Johnny works out what a window is and, amazing leap of cognition, CLIMBS INTO A BUILDING THROUGH ONE).

i can only guess that the good parts were ghostwritten by one of Hubbard's drones, and the shitty parts were written by Hubbard.
>>
>>79899153
It actually made my physically ill. I'm not even joking. A couple of friends and I went to see it on a laugh. After the movie was over we all felt nauseous and dizzy. It was a very strange effect.

About 20 minutes into the long drive home from the theater we all suddenly felt better, as if the ill effects of this movie had suddenly worn off. I will never forget that. It was truly odd.
>>
It's a shit movie. It's not even fun to watch in an ironic way. The acting is horrible, the story is even worse, it's one of the worst films ever created. Pure unwatchable garbage.
>>
File: 419.gif (566KB, 426x212px) Image search: [Google]
419.gif
566KB, 426x212px
>>79899305
>>79899227
>>79899180

Ratbrains detected
>>
I read the book a few years back and honestly really ended up digging it
It was fucking stupid with shit like Psychlo math being done in base 11 because they had 11 fingers but you gotta admire it in a way
I wish the latter half of the book with Earth Space-Jewing it's way into being rulers of the galaxy through economics could have gotten a movie
>>
>>79899153

I didn't hate it, until they had the cave humans fly fucking fighter planes like it was nothing.
>>
>>79899153
When I was a kid I watched it and was thoroughly entertained. Had no prior notion of it was supposed to suck or had gone way overbudget or that Travolta was a bad actor or that it was based on scientology. It was just a cool movie.
>>
I read the book back in college and I actually wound up using several pages as toilet paper during a power outage.

I never regretted that decision.
>>
I saw it in theaters -- so, there's that.

I recently rewatched some of it and, man, the director sure loved the Dutch Angle.

It's a really weird movie and just silly. Not as bad as people make it out to be, but it's not really worthwhile.
>>
>>79899560
Even as a kid I knew this was garbage. You must have been a very stupid child.
>>
Let's keep bumping this thread so we can lure out the LARPing fag who always pretends to be a scientologist. You know he's here.

He's always here.
>>
>>79899589
I'm sure he meant entertaining garbage

>>79899545
I agree
>>
I swear to god, this movie almost made me sick from how often they angled the camera. Then again I was pretty drunk.
>>
>>79899153
Literally shit. But enjoyable in the sense that Plan 9 From Outer Space is enjoyable
>>
Doesn't have a single redeeming quality.
>>
I just noticed the official website has been replaced (unless I'm wrong). It had been up until last year which is pretty crazy considering the movie is like 15 years old.
>>
>>79899153
I liked it.
>>
A failure on multiple levels

No amount of contrarianism can justify this atrocity
>>
>>79899379
I saw it as a kid when I loved sci fi and had no idea what scientology was and even then I could tell it was total garbage
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.