[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /tv/ think of this series so far?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 10

File: 7859878.jpg (85KB, 1024x411px) Image search: [Google]
7859878.jpg
85KB, 1024x411px
What does /tv/ think of this series so far?
>>
It's alright. Not great but entertaining.
>>
>>79898486
It began to fall apart in the middle of Maeve's storyline and lost all narrative cohesion by the final act.
>>
First show I dropped in years, I lasted until chapter 4 I think.
It was really boring and dull, at least HBO as game of thrones to make some money
>>
>>79898486

I have a theory guys.

I think that the entire park is a miniature park, where the guests get shrinked before they can enter.

Also not enough quips sofar. I wish it was more like Iron-Man 2. Now that was kino.

#TRUMP2016

:))))))))
>>
I find it intriguing. Not great, but keeps me definitely entertained.
>>
>>79898738
Nah... It takes place in mars.
>>
File: MANINBLACK.jpg (47KB, 600x341px) Image search: [Google]
MANINBLACK.jpg
47KB, 600x341px
Delores is pretty hot waifu material
>>
>>79898524
>>79898566
>>79898639
You guys are such pretentious cunts
>>
I liked how the doloris storyline requires either time travel, no one giving a fuck about hosts displaying signs of sentience for decades, or the staff of westworld pushing doloris to will and then forgetting to have her show any signs of remembering him at all.
>>
I like it.

Didn't like the ending. I would rather have Maeve in the outside world next season not dealing with the theme park again.

Hopefully the majority of the next season is based on the Samurai world
>>
File: IMG_0808.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0808.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
I honestly didn't see this coming.
Made it worth it for me.
>>
>>79899358
>stop not liking what I like!
>>
7/10

Discovering that Bernard was a robot kinda killed the show for me, for some reason.
>>
Dod anybody else think the Maeve storyline was just really fucking bad compared to the rest of the arcs? I mean like a huge quality gap compared to everything else which was excellent.
>>
>>79899385

I always thought they just kept on hard-resetting her until the revelees (?) brought her back
>>
7/10 until episode 10 where it went strait 10/10
>>
>>79899522
Reveries you stupid fuck. Stop watching to and read a book.
>>
>>79899515
The Maeve storyline required a LOT of suspension of disbelief with the only way it making sense in my head canon is that the 2 butchers were also synths programmed to help her.

Seriously, why on Earth not just have bricked Maeve? They had dozens of chances to and it was obvious how dangerous she was
>>
>>79899522
The reveries were causing hosts to half-remember previous loops. But the way the doloris line was structured, it seemed like a memory of getting raped by ed harris caused her to override her weapon restrictions and defend herself against a host rapist. So in order for that to be true, time travel. Or she went off loop for no reason. Signs of sentience. or the staff pushed her over to will because he was an important guest and then thought it'd be just dandy for her to show zero signs of remember anything that happened.
>>
>>79899595
Did you miss the part with the Asian guy fixing the bird? Foreshadowing and everything.
>>
>>79899667
>dude I wanna fix this bird

>okay now I'm perfectly fine with creating a murderbot
>>
>>79899453
everyone saw that coming. even you. you're just pretending to be retarded for some reason. As will's introduction is structured as ed harris having a flashback
>>
The Maeve storyline ruined the whole series.
>>
>>79899667
Huh?
>>
>>79899696
>>79899826
He fixes the bird but it is still trapped by "invisible" walls. It shows his compassion while foreshadowing the end her part.
>>
>>79899778
Why didn't the two surgeons set her intelligence or her coordination to zero?
>>
I was glued the whole time waiting week by week.

Upon rewatching, I just wanted to fast forward through most of it, especially Maeve, though her ambiguous ending was at least unexpected. In fact the entire ending was very good.
>>
>>79899778
The storyline was pretty cool until it was revealed she was programmed to be a murderbot.
>>
>>79899852
>is still trapped by "invisible" walls.

>dude this bird is bumping into glass imma make a murderbot

>>
>>79899595
Not just the fact that she convinced them to make the upgrades with ZERO(0) leverage but also that what was previously the parks omnipresent staff didn't notice she was literally controlling other hosts and had drawings of the workers hidden in her room.
>>
>>79899909
Her emotions for her "daughter" where the invisible walls in her mind. Artificially created to imprison her and other I'm sure.
>>
>>79898486
Doesn't look like anything to me.
>>
>>79899915
I would've done the same shit just to see what would happen.

Also to touch a "female" in such a way that causes her to ascend to near-godlike intelligence.

Hell, I probably would've sat there for an hour or two dialing her intelligence up and down just to see her little enlightenment orgasms over and over.
>>
>>79899915
You'd also think that someone higher up than the lowly butchers would have to approve her maxing out her SPECIAL stats or at least notice it
>>
>>79899963
Look man, the point being made here is that it makes no sense that he helped her in the first place. Not about the invisible walls or whatever the fuck.
>>
>>79899963
negro her emotions for her "daughter" were her new core memory set and the foundation of the character she was playing ever since.
>>
>>79900038
Or that there would be some kind of fail safe to prevent somebody from accidentally putting them into god mode.
>>
>>79900092
To be fair, even at 20 or whatever the upper limit was, she was still pretty stupid.
>>
>>79900022
>watch her have enlightenment orgasm
>watch the look of anguish on her face as she sinks into retardation
>watch her have enlightenment orgasm
>...
>>
>>79900046
He's shown to be compassionate about helping broken things and not throwing them away. He saw life in her and just wanted to help. So when she started to show sentience, he saw something worth saving. If he would risk losing his job over saving a bird, then helping her makes sense. She was something he could fix. As she is a lot more then just a bird.
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 262x292px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 262x292px
>>79900121
Well she was a black woman after all
>>
>>79900177
>leave her at a level that's just high enough to understand what shes lost, what I'm doing, and how powerless she is
>she begs me to kill her
>>
Maeve's arc was annoying, i admit.

however, was her decision to get off the train due to free will or was it scripted?
>>
>>79900198
True enough. But in the process he facilitates the murder of quite a few other people. People who can't be brought back. Also, what incentive dos the other guy have to help her? Especially after it became clear she was dangerous they should've just shut her down. Just dosent make any sense how she was able to intimidate them without having any power over them.
>>
>>79900262
>>79899963
>>
>>79900262
It was kind of implied it was scripted in the scene where Bernard is going through her code.
>>
>>79900285
She blackmailed the ginger threatening to tell their boss (lol) that they were diddling the robots while repairing them

At that point I would've just reset her and if my asian sidekick got uppity I would've told the bosses what he was doing
>>
>>79900285
The weakest link any system is always going to be a human one. When she went kill crazy he went to far to go back. So rather then help the prison guards he helped her.
>>
I wholeheartedly enjoyed season 1, even though I'll agree most of the maeve shit was kind of stupid.

I'd like to hope that the show isn't going to devolve into "person we thought was human was a robot all along!" but it is HBO so we'll see.
>>
>>79898486
Ed Harris is my husbando
>>
Best show of the year by far
>>
>>79900372

Everybody is a robot in a computer sim played by a nerd in the corner while GRR is playing D&D with the other autists
>>
>theres a black person in my serie and I don't like it

/pol/ its always bitching about everything.
>>
>>79900326
>>79900339
When she woke up and made the first threat that should've been reason enough to shut her down and wipe her clean, but somehow the ginger got intimidated despite having complete power over her. The second time when she slices his throat and threatens to create a host army should definitely have been the last straw. Like why in the fuck would anybody agree to that?
>>
It really falls apart after the first couple episodes.
>>
>>79900426
see
>>79900198
The ginger likely would have to kill/harm Asian guy to do it. And clearly he is a coward. On top of that he helped her once which would mean he would loss his job irregardless.
>>
>>79900497
I don't see how he could lose his job. He pretty much has complete control over her, so she dosent really have any leverage to make the threats she does. and Felix has some superhuman capacity for empathy for his like if work wouldn't you say?
>>
>>79900853
If you steal from a company once. Then next time stop someone else who is doing the same who will rat you out you are screwed. The company they work for probably has high standards and would just fire you. Like I said earlier the weakest link of any system is the human one. People don't always act rationally. It doesn't have to be real to life, just plausible. You don't watch a movie or show for the guy that misses the shot or jump. Unless that is the point of the show of course.
>>
>>79901029
A follow up would be to think about pro-life people. They won't abort a fetus that is deformed irregardless of the implication of when it is born. So I guess you could think of Asian man like that.
>>
>>79901070
Asian man is a fetus? That explains a lit of things.
>>
>>79901070
>>79901589
I meant the Asian is pro-life, I should have been more clear.
>>
>>79901771

Off topic, but I don't care how life-like or sophisticated AI gets. It's nothing more than a machine, and if it ever poses a threat you shouldn't feel anymore remorse for shutting it off as you would unplugging a toaster that's on fire
>>
>>79901964
I see it as the next step. People will always just be smart animals. We can't escape our base nature. A band-aid would be jamming computers in our brains. But then we are still animals.
>>
>>79902152

Fucking railroaders, I swear.

Why would you doom your race for a bunch of wires and code.
>>
>>79900038
>>79900092
>>79899915

You realize that her whole escape was pre-planned and programmed into her (Presumable by Ford) so there was somebody on the outside rather high up making sure nobody noticed. Say what you will about the human elements of the plan (The butchers) falling into place like they did but its not like she was doing this by herself.
>>
>>79902192
Not trying to be edgy here. But having any faith in the good of humanity is silly. Most people have a serious lack of empathy others. Just doing what ever they please with out caring about how it affects others around them. We could all work together and be happy and free from fear of others. Instead people rather spray their diarrhea in the the world with out a care. artificial life could be made ideal, with out hate for each other. While working for the common good.
>>
>>79902413
>While working for the common good.

Yes after it exterminates the human race for being "problematic"
>>
shits stupid
>>
>>79899515
>Where we're going, she's a 2!
>cut to this
>WHATEVER THE FUCKING FUCK FUCK FUCKING I'M GONNA FUCK THIS FUCKING FUCK
>+99 INT FUCK
>oh yes ma'am we'll do whatever you want feel free to kill these legions of security guards with P90s
Maeve ruined this fucking show for me.
>>
It would be a 7/10 alright show if it wasn't for the Maeve story line which brings it down to a 3/10 at best. Those three points are for Ed Harris and Anthony Hopkins alone.
>>
>>79902489
A big part of growing up for me was realizing that my parents are pathetic. I have thrown one away that abandoned me for booze. My father would rather work then drink and leave me to a ex-meth head to raise. I live with him, until I can find a stable job and can secure my future. Just because someone made you doesn't mean they have worth.
>>
is she hot?

i cant tell
>>
>>79902596

Not in this or any other world.
>>
shit writing

convoluted

drags out muh maze entire season instead of doing fun stuff exploring the park and the robot reactions

not enough hot characters in big roles. Couldn't even put some sexy big boob bitches in the brothel
>>
>>79902596
She was ridiculously hot in the bar scene where her character debuts.
>>
>>79902584

Just because you rolled the dice and had a fucked up life doesn't mean you should advocate for robots to exterminate all of humanity
>>
>>79902655
How did I roll any dice? When I was born my life was thrust upon me. My genetics plus the life provided to me lead me to my current state. But in the end its just my opinion.
>>
As others have already mentioned Maeve's arc contained some of the dumbest writing ever.

Weird how they can design these robots to look however they want, and the majority of them look butt ugly. Like the fact that Maeve could seduce anyone killed any suspension of disbelief instantly

Ted was the best character by far.
>>
>>79902729
>Maeve could seduce
They should have made a reference to the Bene Gesserit from dune. Then it could have made more sense.
>>
>Theresa was a bot too lol

Great
>>
>>79902729
Tbf Maeve was the madam, she didn't have to do the seducing, and as far as I can recall she only seduced the bandit (in exchange for the safe combination)
>>
why did dolores kill arnold
>>
>>79902885
Because Arnold ask her to.

As for why Arnold wanted to die, I don't really know. The show basically just said he was butthurt for not getting his way
>>
This show thought it was a lot deeper than it actually was.
>>
>>79899496
What's more bothersome is if Anthony Hopkins character had to make a robot to better program robots why would that robot have to look like his partner? Wouldn't other people who worked at the park and knew his partner notice that and find it odd? I mean he has a picture of his old partner right in his office, thank god the only person who looked at it was the robot who was programmed to not be able to see the person in it or the whole scheme would get found out. Why take such unnecessary risks? How did NOBODY notice that one of the senior people there was a doppleganger for one of the founders who's dead?
>>
>>79899239
The maze is not meant for (you)
>>
>>79900198
And then she slashes a mans throat right in front of him with very little provocation, don't you think that would've changed the situation a bit? That was where it became ridiculous, without that amazing medical laser that guy would've fucking died, she committed attempted murder for what reason exactly, to prove she could? Why would you free someone like that?
>>
>>79900497
>so anyway this robot tried to murder me
>but muh job!

Is the employment situation really that bad in the future?
>>
>>79899239
why can't anyone write dolores properly
>>
>>79898486

It started out pretty good, but it got worse and worse as it went on.

Maeve story line ruined what would have ended up an ok show.
>>
>>79902903
>The show basically just said he was butthurt for not getting his way
He was butthurt because he was dooming what could be sentient beings to an eternity of torment for the sake of making a few bucks.
>>
>>79903137

It's pretty heavily implied (maybe even outright stated) that no one from the original team besides ford is around anymore. His conversation with the Danish lady makes it seem like the turnover rate for the park is pretty high so maybe there's simply no one around anymore who even knew arnold, everyone seems pretty young.
>>
>>79903251
It is probably a pretty comfy job with great pay and benefits.
>>79903214
see
>>79900339
Also you said it, the medical laser could easily save him. So most like it was a dominance thing.
>>
>>79903137
He was shooped out of the photograph.
>>
>>79903137
Everybody's robots, dude, no one could see the photo... not even Ford. Oogity boogity.

what do you think Christof would think of Westworld?
>>
File: tigh.jpg (5KB, 219x230px) Image search: [Google]
tigh.jpg
5KB, 219x230px
>>79898486

Dolores was the worst character
Dumb as fuck
2 time lines was one of the worst ideas
Ford was an Android and they don't have the guts to show in the ending
>>
>>79903468

The two timelines was actually a really neat idea and one of the few good things about the show.
>>
>>79903468
so Arnold made Ford to make an Arnold replacement? Will Bernard make a Ford replacement?
>>
>>79903417
>tfw just saw this movie for the first time
>>
>>79903362
That dosent explain anything man. He definitely hadn't gone too far up until that point he could've easily stopped her. If he was so compassionate he should've thought about the murders he was helping commit. Just the fact that they managed to pull that thing off with the super futuristic security measures in place is ridiculous.
>>
>>79903580
Yeah I get that it's a leap. But If they would have just reset her that would have been it. That would be one less storyline to work with and would give us less info on the story world.
>>
>>79903402

I'm pretty sure he wasn't shooped out, Bernard just couldn't see it because he was programmed to not see it, just like the door in Ford's shack.

He could only see it when Ford let him see it.
>>
>>79903693
Could have been written better is all I'm saying. There's such great writing in the rest of the storylines so this one just stands out a lot.
>>
>>79898486
my one problem with this fucking show is one thing, one fucking thing

Who do I root for? Where are the characters I can like and I want to see what will happen to them next?

Oh wait, they don't exist because most of the cast are fucking robots

Look at any other show, even if you don't like it. Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead. Just naming the most popular ones. Even if you hated the main character you still have plenty of other characters to choose from. Westworld? It's just a fucking mess.

Assuming Hopkins is RIP in Peace, that leaves us with Ed harris and one of the dumbest people on the planet that control that "park". Wonders of bad writing.

Can't believe this show will probably go on for another 5 years or even more. And I'll have to sit trough all of the episodes. Fuck.
>>
>>79903693
If they had reset her she would've just kept "waking up" and trying to liberate herself until she eventually found an employee that would go along with it.

As her entire plotline was programmed. BUT BY WHO??? SPOOKY WoOoo0oOOoO0OO
>>
>>79903952
I remember when people would joke about being as big a pleb as you. And now you're here.
>>
>>79903952
Or you could not watch it
>>
Turned it off 23 minutes into episode 1
>>
>>79904055
What's so pleb about my post? If it is about the exampled they were just the examples, nothing more.
>>79904077
Have you ever stopped watching a movie halfway through? Because that's the same thing.
>>
>>79904077
>not forcing yourself to finish everything you start

There was a vhs tape I started at a friends house when I was 11 that I've been trying to track down because having not seen the end is driving me mad
>>
>>79904134
>i need likable characters who are REAL to enjoy fiction

>>
>>79904134
>Have you ever stopped watching a movie halfway through
If halfway through I felt like I was just "sitting through it" then yeah. Many times in fact. Anyway I think the story's good enough to just enjoy it without needing a hero to root for. It's meant to be about the ugliness of humanity so I don't think there's going to be a lot of likeable characters in the traditional sense.
>>
>>79904177
Not him but I do, whenever the show is just dishing out its story not really caring what you think like westworld.

Its a turn your brain off kind of show, so I need to characters who don't suck to ease me in to let me turn my brain off.
>>
>>79904160
Don't waste your time like that. Watching a film you don't enjoy is probably as far away from productive as you can get.
>>
>>79904271
anon I need to see that tape. I watched the whole first season of westworld and my instincts told me to turn it off in the opening seconds, and my instincts are *literally* never wrong.

Now I will watch the next 18 seasons of westworld but not because I want to because I have to. Just like I'll see the end of that obscure vhs tape. Its the only thing that fucking matters to me.
>>
>>79904256
>Its a turn your brain off kind of show
Really? I think it's a invites you to question life kinda show
>>
>>79903952
it seems to me like they wanted to trick you into thinking that william was like the main, relatable character, considering he's the only one that seems to have a shred of empathy and he's also the one who introduces the viewer to how Westworld really works
>>
>>79898486
Season one is fine, definitely worth the watch. Can't believe season 2 will be remotely good though.
>>
>>79904177
I don't need it, but westworld has a shit plot. So it doesn't even have that
>>79904223
It's not about having likeable characters, 90% of the shows these days have pretty much anti-hero plague, including this one. It's about having characters you care, not like or dislike, care what happens to him/her. Why would you root for a fucking robot? The only character that are an actual characters are ford and man in black + dumb host workers. The rest are just robots with the same fucking character arc.
>>
>>79904354
nah. It invited me to turn my brain off to enjoy it but I wasn't able to because everything was so stupid.
>>
>>79904336
>Its the only thing that fucking matters to me.
Admirable resolve I suppose but maybe the futility of an obscure vhs is something to reflect upon
>>
>>79904410
Yeah but the show is about the nature of consciousness and what it means to be human. The whole point was to highlight the fact that the robots could be considered human because they felt the same emotions we do.
>>
I didn't like it at first but the last few episodes were pretty good.

Itchy & Scratchy Land was better executed though.
>>
>>79904526
Yeah and it's a good plot (not for me but whatever)...for a two hour film or one season of the show.

But this show will go on FOREVER. You understand me? They will milk this. I literally don't see how this fucking show will be different in the next season. Or the next, or the next. The ending of this season would have been a fine series finale. The show was already enough for 10 episodes, now we will have 40 episode and more.
>>
Got progressively worse with each episode, culminating in one of the worst season finales I've ever seen.

Not watching S2.
>>
>>79902596
She got a purdy mouth.
>>
>tfw no snek gf
>>
>>79899433
>Hopefully the majority of the next season is based on the Samurai world

How the fuck are they gonna do "the guests can't get hurt" when everyone is running around with swords and spears? The rules got nonsensical enough in Westworld.
>>
>>79903952
>Assuming Hopkins is RIP in Peace, that leaves us with Ed harris and one of the dumbest people on the planet that control that "park". Wonders of bad writing.

Everyone died and will be replaced by robots apart from, i think, the writer, the main security guy and some extras..
>>
>>79899852
That doesn't make the plot any less retarded.
>>
>>79904716
They can't.
>>
>>79904765
Ed Harris is credited for 20 episodes on IMDB
>>
>>79904825
Read the spoiler
>>
>>79904716
The rules did get pretty ridiculous. Like initially it says the guests can't be harmed but then there's hosts knocking them out could which btw has serious reprecussions on the brain so I don't get why they'd allow that. Then there's the fact that they can get cut, stabbed or have their bones broken and this kind of hurts them but not really?
>>
can someone explain to my why they use all these remixes of radiohead songs?
>>
>>79905041
nolans love radiohead

Prestige uses thom yorke song in the credits

also Treefingers is in the soundtrack of memento (but in the movie, which is weird)
>>
>>79904895
What would be the point of his character if he was a robot?
>>
>>79905041
They're not remixes you pleb they're interpretations. Can somebody explain to me why the catalog is full off porn threads?
>>
>>79905012
The hurt levels increase the farther you are from Sweetwater.

And there was probably a special set of rules for the Wyatt/Maze storyline.
Thread posts: 140
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.