[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WTF? I love Jimmy Kimmel Now!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 7971349.png (70KB, 1018x388px) Image search: [Google]
7971349.png
70KB, 1018x388px
>Jimmy Kimmel was rapidly criticized for his jokes about the names of two nonwhite people during his turn as host of the Academy Awards.

>He twice drew humor from the name of the best supporting actor winner, Mahershala Ali, including a request to yell his name as apparent visitors from a tour bus entered the auditorium. When an Asian woman in the group told him her name, followed by a man named Patrick, he said: “See, that’s a name.”

>On Twitter, several people said making fun of nonwhite names, far from simple middle-school bullying, serves to “other”-ize them. Many said they had dealt with it for a long time and decried what some called “casual racism.”
>>
File: 793729.png (117KB, 1012x616px) Image search: [Google]
793729.png
117KB, 1012x616px
tfw the left tears itself apart
>>
why can't these niggers just shut up and lick out my asshole
>>
Is this real? Who the fuck cares? They're petty dumb jokes and even Jimmy knew that. He said those jokes to keep it light hearted and keep things moving. Why is everyone so sensitive?
>>
i wish everyone, left and right-wing, would stop getting mad at fucking jokes

a joke about some people's names is not an attempt at casual and subtle racism as much as a joke about trump isn't an attempt to undermine republican values

can everyone just shut the fuck up?
>>
File: nyt.png (2MB, 2494x1116px) Image search: [Google]
nyt.png
2MB, 2494x1116px
>>79896522
Real, yes. Sad, yes.
>>79896547
Agreed. Trumpkins and Drumphkins getting triggered left and right. All there is left to do is eat popcorn and watch shit burn down.
>>
>>79896425
But those really are weird names, nothing to do with color

What is wrong with americans? Why do they want to suck so much black dick?
>>
>>79896547
Seriously. I voted for trump and can laugh at him as well. You should be able to laugh at your president and make jokes about him.

But fuck Betsy DeVos and everything she stands for
>>
>>79896425
Cari Nation sounds like a nazi name. Racism is a tool by the upper class to divide the working masses along with cockshit like the Oscars.
>>
File: 1470854718111.jpg (81KB, 456x386px) Image search: [Google]
1470854718111.jpg
81KB, 456x386px
>>79896914
>I voted for trump and can laugh at him as well. You should be able to laugh at your president and make jokes about him

No one cares about Trump being mocked. It's that it's done constantly to the point of exhaustion by people who obviously virtual signalling.
>>
Norms aren't universal, what a person thinks is weird or normal is a reflection of their personality. For Jimmy to draw humor entirely from the perceived "weirdness" of those names is a reflection of his inner bigotry. What does the phrase "that's a name" even mean really? Is it a better name?

It's basically immature and underdeveloped humor (like that of a grade schooler) combined with a careless attitude and a set of closed-minded core beliefs.
>>
This is your monster liberals
This is your special snowflakes
>>
>>79896914
>>voted for trump
>>is a fucken cuck
>>
>>79896425
>When an Asian woman in the group told him her name, followed by a man named Patrick, he said: “See, that’s a name.”
>completely omit the asian woman's name, which was Yulerie, a non-asian name
>completely omit the fact that Patrick was also asian.
>>
>>79897275
>Norms aren't universal
...yes, they are. When something is common, it is the norm. When it is uncommon, it is abnormal. That's literally the definition of "normal".
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.