[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

APOSTATIZE NOW

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: silence-2016.jpg (634KB, 1543x2314px) Image search: [Google]
silence-2016.jpg
634KB, 1543x2314px
APOSTATIZE NOW
>>
>>79894825
This was the film of the year, ridiculous how they snubbed it. I liked Hacksaw Ridge but this was twice as good
>>
That fucking wave scene...
>>
>>79894825
why wouldn't he do it bros ;_;
>>
>>79894903
No idea because his scenes were cut. I guess that makes him more enigmatic.
>>
File: padre.jpg (18KB, 308x360px) Image search: [Google]
padre.jpg
18KB, 308x360px
>>79894825
it should have been the 10th nominee for best picture
>>
>>79895118
>his scenes were cut
Jesus Christ. Why would they do this, its not as if anyone watching it as it is and enjoying it would care about the extra time.

>>79895172
This, or it should have beat out Fences or Lion for the 9th spot. As much as i like both those stories, they weren't great films. This was really fucking robbed though.
>>
What age did you lads grow out of Christianity or any other faith and then seeked a path to Atheism or Agnosticism. For me it was 16. Was edgy I started listening to Odd Future, Tyler the Creator and Earl Sweatshirt a lot. Then I would watch old George Carlin stand ups on youtube and I also enjoyed watching Christopher Hitchens and Richard Dawkins BTFO Christians and Muslims on youtube.

Also remember watching Zeitgeist and taking the redpill at that time. Now I'm just Nihilistic
>>
File: image.jpg (569KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
569KB, 1200x1600px
>>79895235
My local theaters played it only in the evening. No matinees, just after 7PM or so. And mostly just on the weekends! I assume they had 2h capeshit/romcoms running all day. I've never had to track a film down harder than this. And then when you actually get to the theater, you're looking at a giant screen running ads like some frat boy has decided to stick his phone in your face for a half hour. Then you watch quipshit action flick trailers with The Rock, Seth Rogan, and Ice Cube. That aspect of the experience was completely bizarre, I almost had to look down at my feet.

Yet the film is an epic in the old style. Rodrigues lives out his days and dies almost like a Pompeiian.
>>
File: mfw.png (225KB, 362x362px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
225KB, 362x362px
>>79895388
i'm not sure if this is a new copypasta but the story caters to both believers and non believers
>>
>>79894825
Awesome movie, but was it even nominated for anything?
>>
>>79895542
it was nominated for best cinematography but somehow not best adapted screenplay
>>
>>79895590

It deserved to win both and also first picture.
>>
>>79895118
>>79894903

I assume this is just leftover footage from the drowning scene right before his death - he's probably shouting for the guards to save the prisoners before he swims out there himself
>>
>>79894884
>ridiculous how they snubbed it.
They've got the narrative down already. They will be on the right side of history by showering Scorsese's Netflix movie with awards.
>>
>>79894825
I can't believe I completely missed out on this movie. Apparently didn't do that good in the box office. WTF where were the ads for it?
>>
>>79896444
Apparently the ad campaign only started like two weeks before it came out.
>>
>>79894889
Yeah that was brutal. Can't believe he lasted for 4 days
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.