[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what was your favorite fantastic beast? I liked the blackplatypus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: niffler fantastic beasts.jpg (251KB, 2399x1200px) Image search: [Google]
niffler fantastic beasts.jpg
251KB, 2399x1200px
what was your favorite fantastic beast?
I liked the blackplatypus thingy
>>
i guess no one liked this movie
>>
I'd like to talk about this film if we could, having just watched it myself.

Does anyone else see that the wizards are the bad guys? The way they treat the non-magical population, even the "good" wizards, is absolutely horrific, at best they consider them an obstacle, not even worth notice.

When the main character wordlessly went ahead with the plan to brainwash the entire city and nobody, not a single person, raised a question as to whether that was right, they all became self serving fascists.

In the end a person has nothing more than their thoughts and anything which forceably alters or removes those is the very highest assault one person can do to another, yet the wizards casually do it to an entire city without so much as an afterthought, it doesn't matter, these people are beneath their magical notice.

The direct manipulation of a population was not a problem, mechanically or ethically, the wizards are beyond reproach in doing what they did, people died, innocent people died, just in this single story. How many more people die and are simply covered up for the good of the wizard community?

I'm actually really genuinely surprised at how ridiculous the situation even was, there was no compassion, no moral, not so much as a thought from the wizards for the non-wizards other than "Lets keep them in the dark".

Has anyone commented on this in an article or something? Surely someone must have noticed?
>>
>>79894793
Well, MiB did something very similar, and no-one batted an eye.
The flashes are something to fear, but people took it as a joke, mostly.
>>
>Dude orders two state executions on the spot without trial
>It gets carried out (Attempted) without question

What, the, fuck J K
>>
File: 1473063744424[1].jpg (1MB, 1623x2886px) Image search: [Google]
1473063744424[1].jpg
1MB, 1623x2886px
I don't have a favorite fantastic beast because this movie is just a spinoff of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises throughout. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.
>>
>>79893427

Thats a niffler.
>>
>>79894793
In theory wizards would be the last people to care about the natural order of things because lol magic, so it makes sense they wouldn't care about stuff like brain washing.
>>
>>79894793
Shut the fuck up faggot
>>
I want to fuck the Rhino.
>>
>>79895261
And that would be absolutely fine if it were ever addressed, but it isn't. The issue is just ignored by the writer despite the fact that she's a gigantic leftard.

Do you think she sees the hypocrisy of her work?
>>
>>79895350
I don't like the books and have only read the first four, and only seen a handful of the movies. So I don't know if any strong human characters exist in the book to argue against this type of plan.

I was hoping this thread would have cool looking animals. I guess the movie doesn't have any.
>>
>>79895493
The movie has like three animals in it.
>>
there are specific books about this movie? I really liked the darwin like setting, I'd read a book about this movie
>>
File: fb-vfx-fs-01404.jpg (125KB, 1280x540px) Image search: [Google]
fb-vfx-fs-01404.jpg
125KB, 1280x540px
>>79895493
watch the movie mate it is pretty goochi
>>
>>79893427
I like the yoyo pterodactyl
>>
>>79893427
Whichever one fucked their owner
>>
>>79895623
That rhino needs to see a vet.
>>
File: 1453656323224.jpg (1MB, 1588x2862px) Image search: [Google]
1453656323224.jpg
1MB, 1588x2862px
>>79894793
Why would you want to talk about one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.
>>
>>79895332
The Rhino wants [({You})]
>>
>>79893427
It's official name should be the blacktypus.
>>
>>79893427
The niffler was the best part. I'm just reminded how underrated HP was after watching them again, pure kino.
>>
>>79895914
Zuneasaurus Microsoftius
>>
>>79896801
It was comfykino
>>
>>79896801
>HP
>underrated
>one of the most successful franchises in existence
>underrated

... you stupid or something?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.