[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Neon Demon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1-jUNDeTEvI8L-iWHG0NnPrA.jpg (241KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1-jUNDeTEvI8L-iWHG0NnPrA.jpg
241KB, 2000x1125px
What's the verdict?
>>
Minimalistic plot, amazing music, lacking visuals.

A solid Refn kino.
>>
>>79890280
Anime of the season
>>
>>79890280
8.5/10

10/10 aesthetically
>>
>>79890494
>lacking visuals
???

That's what the film is all about.
>>
>>79890630
It's great for the most part, but some scenes fell absolutely flat.
>>
>>79890280
I liked it a lot, but probably would've been less patient with it had I not seen it stoned. But that can be said about a lot of movies that tell their story more through visuals than through dialogue.
>>
>>79890672
>fell absolutely flat.

What does that even mean?
>>
>>79890890
LOL DRUGS LMAO
I'M SUCH A FREE-THINKER
DUDE, LIKE, FREE YOURSELF

>>79890910
It means that while most of scenes were visually thought-out and had artistic merit, there were several that where either executed poorly or presented as more artistic than they actually were, thus becoming pretentious.
>>
>>79890984
I don't think it's unfair to say that being stoned can dilate your senses. It's not like you need to smoke to like anything, but it can certainly help, and you don't have to be a stereotype to understand that.
>>
>>79890984
>there were several . . .

Like?
>>
>>79890280
If you refuse to be sex, you'll become food.
>>
>>79891156
>>
>>79890984
>LOL DRUGS LMAO
>I'M SUCH A FREE-THINKER
>DUDE, LIKE, FREE YOURSELF

people who have never smoked weed are irritating. it's not the big boogeyman you think it is, nor is everyone who has smoked/smokes weed a fucking stoner stereotype.
>>
>>79891259
Lmao she looks like a neanderthal
>>
>>79890984
>presented as more artistic than they actually were

How did you manage to quantify how artistic the scenes were and how did Refn "present a scene as artistic"?
>>
>>79891448
If you need to as, you're a pleb.
>>
>>79890600
doubles speaks the truth
>>
>>79891507

No I thought you were talking out of your ass and I don't think I was wrong.
>>
My favorite film from last year

The twist really got to me and I couldn't stop thinking about it for a few days after the first viewing
>>
>>79890494
>generic synthwave arpeggios
>amazing
>>
9.5/10

I dock the 0.5 for Abby lees ugly mug.
>>
Started off as an 8/10 but as each act passed, ended up as a 5/10.

Sad!
>>
>>79891953
Faggot
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.