[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would this actually happen?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: ixqu00.gif (656KB, 223x112px) Image search: [Google]
ixqu00.gif
656KB, 223x112px
Would this actually happen?
>>
no, contrary to what movies show, you cannot catch air and "ride" an explosion
>>
yes, it is possible to have an explosion "carry" you depending on how powerful said explosion was
>>
>>79889766

then your insides would be pulverized.
>>
>>79889271
He would die if he was exposed to an explosion that powerful.
>>
>>79889271
I have been propelled forward by way of my own flatulence before.

So yes, this is entirely possible.
>>
>>79889831
From what?
>>
>>79889271
Yes but you would have to be light as a feather with semi porous skin
>>
>>79889878
Pressure resulting from the shock wave
>>
>>79889766
After looking at the data^ i see this anon is right
>>
You just finished watching this on e4 too?
>>
>>79889878
Explosions emit a shock wave. It's like being hit by a fucking truck.

Even if you're not actually next to the explosion, the shock wave can still shatter your bones and turn your organs to mush.
>>
>>79889271
Sockwave of an explosion can send you flying, but even if you don't get directly hurt by shrapnel the next thing happening to you is massive internal bleeding because of the pression varaition caused by the explosion.
>>
>>79889878
Extreme force hitting your body. All that energy has to go somewhere.
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 235x215px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 235x215px
>>79889271
It's.... IMPOSSIBLE.
>>
>>79889940
WHAT THE FUCK
HOW DO YOU AVOID A SHOCKWAVE?
>>
File: interstellar-mcconaughey5.jpg (47KB, 578x300px) Image search: [Google]
interstellar-mcconaughey5.jpg
47KB, 578x300px
>>79890082
NO, is necessary
>>
>>79889271
Pressure pulps your brain
>>
>>79889271
There probably a very slim chance - very fucking slim - that this might happen.

There's plenty of reports of weird shit happening with explosions. Fucking soliders who throw themselves onto a a grenade to save their comrades and live to tell the tale.

It's unlikely, but sometimes weird shit happens.
>>
>>79890148
>MISSION NECESSARY
Doesn't have the same ring though
>>
>>79890128
You don't, that's why IEDs are so dangerous, even if the shrapnel doesn't get you the force from the blast traveling through can leave your brain dribbling out of your ruptured eardrums
>>
>>79890128
You don't be near one when it happens.
>>
Taking into account they actually did it, shouldn't it be renamed to Mission Improvable? or Mission very unlikely?
>>
File: IFG8R.jpg (508KB, 2913x2182px) Image search: [Google]
IFG8R.jpg
508KB, 2913x2182px
>>79890128
>>
>>79889271
He would need to at least be inside a fridge to survive an explosion like that.
>>
>>79890245
Mission: Difficult But Achievable
>>
Watching the film, it definitely seems like Ethan actually PLANNED that shit.

He sets the explosive, then steadys himself - aiming himself towards the train, ready to surf that 'splosion.

Someone wrote that.
>>
File: jean-reno.jpg (41KB, 800x540px) Image search: [Google]
jean-reno.jpg
41KB, 800x540px
I also have a Mission Impossible question

Was Krieger about to kill Ethan in this scene where he just got the noc list?

Why else would he have the knife?
>>
>>79890427
Possibly.

But I love the fact the drops the knife and it sticks into the desk just as the alarm deactivates.

To the tech guy, it looks like someone left a really badass calling card, when it was really just an accident.

Fucking great moment and the perfect cap to a brilliant scene.
>>
>>79889271
As ridiculous as that scene is, IM is still a great fucking movie and holds up really well.

I wanted one of those mac books back in 96.
>>
>>79890636

Yeah on rewatching it, I am surprised how its just as tense as any of the crazy stunts in the sequels.
>>
>>79890245
>>79890325
you people are hilarious
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.