[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nothing happened for two hours. No character development, just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8

File: Moonlight_(2016_film).png (121KB, 220x319px) Image search: [Google]
Moonlight_(2016_film).png
121KB, 220x319px
Nothing happened for two hours. No character development, just a main character that acts like a wimp and never toughens up.
>>
HAHA I BET YOUR FAT RACIST ASS MUST HURT NOW
>>
>>79859456
I liked the music and colors.
>>
But it's about a gay black man so it has to be good
>>
>>79859456
SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU FUCKING RACIST PIECE OF SHIT I WILL KILL YOU WHITEY
>>
Hated the 3rd act exactly because of that, 15 years or so passed, dude never ever thought about his place in life or shit like that, and that's kind of one of the "gay-coming-of-age" things.

Nope, he justs becomes a gangster then hooks up with a cheating liar of a "friend" because wow this is so poignant or w/e. I get that they tried the whole nature/nurture thing, but there's no way a person doesn't grow up like at all in a span of 20 or so years this movie take place in
>>
>>79859456
Except, you know, the whole part where he becomes a muscle-bound drug dealer because that was the only father figure he knew, even though it doesn't fit his more sullen and withdrawn personality

How can you be this bad at watching movies, holy shit
>>
Blacks can't be wimps, they go through so much
>>
>>79859812

they don't even show him being a drug dealer. like 10 seconds of development. then you have a 30 minutes conversation in a dinner to end the movie
>>
It was Boyhood if Boyhood was good. There's definitely character development.
>>
>>79859782
>but there's no way a person doesn't grow up like at all in a span of 20 or so years
There are many people on /r9k/ who prove otherwise
>>
>>79859812
Yeah and he also didn't have another sexual experience over a decade. Like, really? Don't want to accept you're gay for that long? He didn't become strong mentally.
>>
What's wrong with gay blacks? I mean they don't have kids or coalburn with white girls. They're genetic dead ends

Who cares? Gay people drop out of the gene pool
>>
>>79859456
It had NO story. Like in what way was that good. Boyhood all over again.
>>
>>79859917
He's a tracker, a pimp, not a drug dealer.
>>
>>79860002
That part was dumb. "You're the only one who ever touched me"

Come on.
>>
>>79859456
How to spot a pleb: they criticise a movie using 'nothing happens'
>>
im a gay black and hated the third act
made zero sense
>>
/pol/

BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>79860135
You're on a board with fellow fat, neckbeard virgins who have never been touched.
>>
>>79860187
It did make sense what are you talking about?
>>
>>79860002
It wasnt just about being gay, he only let a select few in on his emotional side and personal life. The ending pretty much showed he was willing to let some one in, that he had found some sort of paradise by finally opening up.
>>
>>79859456
But the gay nigger blew his load into another gay nigger, so it def is best pic.
>>
>>79859456
HOLY SHIT YOU ARE SO MAD RIGHT NOW
>>
>Despite its acclaim, Melanie McDonagh of The Spectator called the film "boring" and "utterly pointless",[57] and actor Samuel L. Jackson dismissed the film alongside Manchester by the Sea and Collateral Beauty as an "'Oscar bait' movie".[58][59]
Why was Sam Jackson clapping?
>>
File: download.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
>>79860305
SO MAD
>>
>>79860258
>becomes a pimp
>still remains a virgin the whole time and his autism never improved
deadass shit don't add up.
>>
>>79859456
How to spot a pleb: he pretend to like moonlight
>>
>just a main character that acts like a wimp and never toughens up.
he's a faggot, what did you expect?
>>
>>79860407
But you're autistic, have never touched anyone, and live in your parents' basement. You can relate to all of it besides being a muscular pimp.
>>
>>79860262
Ok fine something did happen. I just don't find the character interesting or his story compelling or inspiring. Like maybe you think that it was a good movie, but personally it didn't resonate to me in my opinion.
>>
File: IMG_9523.jpg (29KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9523.jpg
29KB, 500x367px
>>79860262
Yes, he opened up his arsehole to another BBC.
>>
>>79860002
And that's the whole point, dipshit. During high school he accepts his sexuality and finds love, as an adult he gets pressured by his environment to be a drug dealer like everyone else because he grew up with no role models. He ends up just becoming what other people expect him to, like Kevin said, instead of deciding for himself, like what Juan wanted. Why do you think he accepts the name "Black" as an adult and hates it as a teenager? His muscle-toned exterior hides his more sensitive interior.

Again, how can you be this fucking bad at watching movies
>>
>>79859980
Movie isn't about /r9k/ tho. Like I was saying, tons of gay people go through some sort of an identity crisis during their teens, especially in a homophobic envorinment. This dude basically chose "lol no man, fuck this shit, imma sell drugs". I guess becoming a shut in happens too, but it doesn't lend to interesting character development at all.

Anyway, I'm glad that now it'll get some backlash instead of endless praise, because this movie really lacks in script and characters (Manchester was tons better, but it is about sad white guys, which isn't that interesting of course)
>>
>>79860396
Because it would be disrespectful not to clap, even if you didn't like the movie. You still applaud whoever wins.
>>
>>79860396
It's the polite thing to do. Also, some crazy shit just happened, and he was pretty entertained.

Also, he was basically a black panther in his youth, so seeing the whitest movie of all time just get fucked over by an all black film probably felt pretty good.
>>
>>79860490
deadass im chillin with my bf right now
>>
>>79860542
>his movie really lacks in script and characters

You racist piece of shit.
>>
Move boring film of the year. Silence was more entertaining than this movie.

It had absolutely nothing going for it than, I'M GAY, BLACK AND POOR.

That's it.

Everyone knows it was a pity award. Fucking black people always talking about diversity and shit.

Enjoy the pity award, black folks
>>
>>79860685
Kys fag
>>
>>79860691
The script was probably five pages long. Nothing fucking happened : the movie.
>>
File: tumblr_m9m6iaBOSU1qfl8uh[1].jpg (45KB, 425x714px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m9m6iaBOSU1qfl8uh[1].jpg
45KB, 425x714px
Is this a sequel to this?
>>
>>79860542
>no interesting character development at all
>manchester was tons better

lol c'mon man both films had characters with characters that ended with no progression. that's the point of both movies, life doesn't always work out to some growth or change. sometimes people are stuck in their ways, even if they try to be something else.
>>
>>79859456
this could have been the black scarface, instead it's another
>gay people are people too

piece of jewish propaganda.
>>
>>79860817
we post modern now
>>
File: malcolm-x-9396195-1-402.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
malcolm-x-9396195-1-402.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
>>79860751
ENJOY THE SALT, WHITE FOLKS
>>
>>79859456
But dude, niggers and gay.
>>
>>79860877
it was the trend this year just look at all the movies nominated
>>
>>79860817
There is a change, it's just not a positive one. Instead of being himself, he ends up being what society expects him to be.
>>
>>79860877
That's not even post modernism, dude.
>>
>>79860542
>tons of gay people go through some sort of an identity crisis during their teens

Yes, it's also known as "coming out to oneself" or "forcibly dulling my conscience because I intuitively know my sexual desires are wrong, but my public school teacher says it's all good."
>>
>>79860751
Yeah, I'm amazed Silence didn't get a single fucking award.
>>
>>79860971
>being normal is bad
>being a snowflake is good

Leave kike
>>
File: tumblr_o4517lRqUq1ugvn07o1_1280.jpg (26KB, 634x424px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4517lRqUq1ugvn07o1_1280.jpg
26KB, 634x424px
>>79861007
>>
>>79859456
So the twist is that black people can be gay too?

Or I am misunderstanding the plot of this movie?
>>
>>79860919
Its not about black vs white. Its about a good movie vs a bad movie.
Django was fucking amazing.
This was fucking boring.
>>
>>79860877
>post modern
dude fucking Homer wrote characters like these thousands of years ago
>>
>>79859456
La La Shitter
BTFO
>>
>>79861194
It's virtue signaling
>>
>>79859456
>never toughens up
Oh so you didn't watch the movie then

The wooden chair scene was fucking kino, and I'm not even trying to pander to the libs on this. That's a CLEAR character-changing moment in the movie, the precise point where he realizes he can't let people step on him any more.

Unfortunately he turns into a nigger drug dealer because of it but STILL
>>
I thought blacks hate gay people, did they even watch the film?
>>
>>79859456
I mean, that was the whole point. You do know that character development isn't necessary, right? Chirone was always trying to be hard, but really wasn't. Even when he looked hard at the end, he wasn't hard.
>>
>>79860817
I get where you're coming from, but Manchester takes place over a week, and in span of this week you see a spark of hope that maybe Lee will unfuck himself in the end. Things happen in it and you see the characters react to the things that happen.

Meanwhile Moonlight takes place over god knows how long, 25 years? And all of them are filled with dumb cliches tbqh, with only real development taking place in the fucking last scene.

Again, I understand that "Chirone needs to conform hence he doesn't understand his feeling" is kind of a point, but it leads to a very boring and uneventful movie, because you're just there for a ride. At least in Boyhood you really saw the kid grow up.
>>
>>79860792
it's the prequel; Gayniggers from Miami
>>
>>79859456
Except you know, exploring Human Condition, which has been art's goal for thousands of years
>>
>>79861196
Your tastes are adolescent.
>>
>>79861386
>tfw too depressed to notice these things
>>
>>79861196
>Django was fucking amazing.
Post when you hit 18, please.
>>
someone just tell me if it has a real downer ending or whatever
>>
>>79861332
>I thought millions of people had the same opinion on a divisive issue

oh, word?
>>
>>79861509
It doesn't
>>
>>79861518
im black and my family refused to watch the film because of the subject matter
>>
>>79861501
27 but keep trying.
>>
>>79859456
The script for this flick is fucking terrible, especially the middle part which plays out like an after-school special. Cinematography was decent, but if you remove the novelty of it being about tough black guys who are actually gay it's nothing special.
>>
>>79861196

You have the taste of an 18 year old
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>79862044
>>
>>79861645
I'm black, and my family probably would, too. But I also have cousins who would, and I would.

And maybe you would, too.

So maybe black people aren't a monolith, and we should all agree that the phrase "blacks hate gay people" is pretty silly.
>>
>>79861617
>>79861509
It does
>>
>>79861509
No
>>
>>79859456
>No character development
he literally grew older.
>>
>>79862207
Fuck. A 27 year old who prefers Django to Moonlight AND is a Filthy Frank fan.

My guy, either stop posting or take serious steps to grow up.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.