[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well done Rohan, well done. HOWEVER

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3149.png (2MB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3149.png
2MB, 1920x800px
Well done Rohan, well done. HOWEVER
>>
WITNESS ME
>elephant noises
>>
>>79829940
*attacks their flanks with mounted archers*
>>
File: spoopy.png (659KB, 6766x5949px) Image search: [Google]
spoopy.png
659KB, 6766x5949px
>>79829940
Well done, elephants, well done. HOWEVER
>>
>charging the mumakil rather than falling back and regrouping

what exactly was their endgame?
>>
>>79829940
And they STILL got BTFO
>>
>>79830082

I think the Two Towers made it pretty clear Theoden was not much of a strategist
>>
File: spooky.png (2MB, 956x1482px) Image search: [Google]
spooky.png
2MB, 956x1482px
>>79830045

>bringing elephants to a ghost fight
>>
>>79829940

The CGI still holds up after 15 years when some movie made last year look worse
What magic is this?
>>
>>79830082
>regrouping
>when one elephaant can kill your entire army without a legolas
theodan did nothing wrong
>>
>>79830150

I mean, I dunno. It's not exactly Theoden's fault that literally the only fortification in the entire realm was built into a corner and without a number of really basic defensive features. What would you have done?
>>
>>79830212
It's amazing how timeless something can look if you put effort into it
>>
>>79830212
>>79830212
those movies hit the sweet spot when CGI was good enough to emulate real life, but not so cheap and developed when it could be used for anything, so when they made something CGI, they put as much work in it as they did with practical effects. you won't see it now because accountants make movies these days
>>
>>79830082
If you read actual historic battles where the enemy has elephants they charged as well.
>>
Why did men fight for sauron?
>>
>>79833220
they were muslims
>>
File: really gets that noggin joggin.png (143KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
really gets that noggin joggin.png
143KB, 600x600px
>>79829940
How did they afford the oliphaunts? Did they catch them or purchase them from a breeder? Were they paid for by taxes? If so, what was their tax policy?
>>
>>79831098
I can understand why that might have worked, because we're talking about real elephants and not the middle earth version that's six times as big.
>>
>>79830872
A lot of their cgi was based on built models as well, not from a scratch so it didn't have that computer shine of modern stuff, which fit in with the tone and backgrounds of lotr
>>
>>79833220
They were convinced he would win and would rather be on his good side.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.