[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: post aspects of filmmaking that are more important than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: truth.png (28KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
truth.png
28KB, 640x400px
ITT: post aspects of filmmaking that are more important than plot, and films that exemplify those aspects
>>
the use of appealing to hollywood and sucking their cock
>La La Land
>>
DUH ENDING
WAT WAS W/ DA ENDING?
DAT ENDING!!!
SHIT ENDING :(((((((((((((((
>>
this is why plebs don't understand the Neon Demon
>>
>>79815971
no cry bb
>>
>>79815925
I don't really agree with what your saying, but Russian Ark basically fills what you're going for. Very beautifully shot film with plot taking a back seat.
>>
Character arcs:
Citizen Kane
Manchester by the Sea
Breaking Bad
The Prestige
Paths of Glory

I'm all about a good character arc.
>>
>>79815925
>muh epic cinematography and pretty colors
No you are the pleb
>>
>>79816014

Don't fall for the "plot doesn't matter" meme. A good film is one that can tell an engaging story while also displaying the information in an innovative way.

Only doing one or the other leaves something to be desired.
>>
>>79816062
there's a line there. Russian Arc doesn't just have no plot, it also has no characters or substantial dialog.
I think OP is thinking more of movies like Hell or High Water where there is a very basic plot but it's a vehicle to explore characters.
>>
File: 1487305949551_20170222123600827.jpg (360KB, 857x1202px) Image search: [Google]
1487305949551_20170222123600827.jpg
360KB, 857x1202px
>>79815925
>>
File: 1439828844135.jpg (295KB, 680x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1439828844135.jpg
295KB, 680x1024px
>I watch movies for the plot
>>
>>79815925
this might just be me, but ive always found that the setting of the film is the most important, and while i will say the plot is quite important, its how it plays out in the environment that i find most interesting.
>>
>>79816072
Your criteria is weak. The only good character arcs there are The Godfather and Paths of Glory.
>>
>>79816202
>The Godfather
Meant to say Citizen Kane lel
>>
>>79816129
>I don't really agree with what your saying
Then fucking explain yourself. I'm not looking for recommendations of empty, pretty movies.

>>79816129
>the only two options are "plot is all that matters" or "pretty colors are all that matters"
Have you ever had a thought before?

>>79816132
"plot is not the most important thing" =/= "plot doesn't matter"
>>
>>79816377
goddamit i cant even quote right
>>
>>79815996
Is it really just one anon who complains about people complaining about endings? You're really dedicated, dude.
>>
It's not that there are aspects of film making that are more important than plot, however, plot is not the most important part of film.

Plot is just one of many elements (like sound, visuals, tone, performances, editing, etc) that should all be directed to form one cohesive, heterogeneous film
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.