[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone else think this film was completely retarded? The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: hack.jpg (248KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
hack.jpg
248KB, 1200x630px
Did anyone else think this film was completely retarded? The characters and the scenes were like they were imagined by a child. Cliched and over the top.
>>
>>79808633
Have you ever been to war? I thought it looked pretty realistic. Human waves just running at machine guns is how its done.
>>
I agree OP, notenoughniggerfaggots/10
>>
Well the parts the memers find most outrageous are taken directly from his MoH commendation.
>>
Bad movie. Gibson really dropped the ball on this one.

Cliches, ripoff of other movies... Not good.
>>
>>79808633

no it's just you, you have no idea what cinema is, you watched too many bland generic nolan movie and now you think all film should be exactly like this because you dont understand what cinema is and your iq is probably below 95
>>
>>79808701

the corpse shield shit definitely was NOT, you flaming faggot.
>>
>>79808633
I thought it was good.
>>
>>79808701
Is that the first scene of battle where a "dead" guy suddenly jumps up and screams in his face and is then immediately shot through the face, exploding blood and gore on the protagonist?

Or the part where someone picks up a torso and uses it as a shield then runs towards the japanese, shooting 10 of them dead with the machine gun he has at his hip?
>>
>>79808723
>he's never used a meat shield
>>
>>79808749
you guys get all spergy about the vince vaughan blanket gun drag but how to make that is in both the Army field manual and boy scouts manual.

Kicking the grenade and getting bayonetted through a dead body was in his commendation.
>>
>>79808792
I didnt watch the film to that point. I turned it off.
>>
Obviously a corpse shield would be incredibly effective but how heavy would it be?
>>
Vince in the barracks was funny
>>
>>79808878
He never seemed threatening. The whole time it seemed more like he was just cracking jokes.
>>
>>79808806
ha ha ha ha ha

a touch of the 'tism?
>>
Ultimate pleb filter.
>>
>>79809122
Fashism doesnt have a 't' in it.

Remember if your wages are low and your rents are high, vote against immigration in your next election.
>>
Have only watched the 5 or so webms posted here and I feel that's pretty much all I need to see.
>>
>>79808633
Yeah, thankfully we still have star wars and capeshit!
>>
>>79809184
Yeah, same. Nevermind the ridiculousness of the scenes, they don't even look good on a technical level.
But yeah, I still have to sperg out when a dude kicks a grenade so that it explodes 2 meters instead of 1 meter away from him and he doesn't fucking die.
>>
File: V-J_kiss_times_square.jpg (266KB, 1052x1600px) Image search: [Google]
V-J_kiss_times_square.jpg
266KB, 1052x1600px
>>79808633
It's supposed to be over the top. Gibson designed it as a sort of old school technicolor film. It's very cheerful, bright, full of white people. Not very realistic or grimdark. Nevertheless being Mel Gibson he had to put as much blood and guts as he could get away with anyway.
>>
>>79808749
Seriously dude is it you who makes these threads just to post this same copy and pasted remark? Why? Why does a movie, specifically a scene in a movie, trigger you so much? Ive seen this in literally every hacksaw thread. I didn't care for any of the hell boy movies, I'm not gonna make a thread every single day just to talk shit about hell boy though
>>
>>79809184
>>79809494
You share a board with kids like this
>>
File: 1475733893893.png (125KB, 424x386px) Image search: [Google]
1475733893893.png
125KB, 424x386px
>>79809633
>>
>>79809602
Its my first time making a thread about hacksaw ridge. Scouts honor.

Maybe enough people think that scene is stupid that it has come up more than once.
>>
>>79809090
His voicecracks were hilarious
>>
>>79808672
I'm sure that in WWII every soldier had like 60 grandes and 2000 bullets
>>
>>79809686
Even when people are laughing while he shouts at them he looks like he is proud of himself for making them laugh.

>heh heh heh im the funniest drill sarget ever. I love my job.
>>
>>79809719
>He has never stormed a machine gun nest.
>>
>>79808718
"Yer dee her ma jeesus and ma wife" "oh lord just one moe, lemme save just one moe"
Yeah, it was filled with cliches, bad dialog, and below average acting
>>
>>79809633
>Waiting for the shit to be in your mouth before you decide it tastes bad
>>
>>79809719
>4000+ bodies littering the ground
>each with their own guns and ammo some completely unfired
>DUDE WHERE DID THEY GET SO MUCH AMMO LMAO
>>
>>79809090
I disagree. I thought he was both funny and intimidating
>>
>>79809184
>>79809494
Honestly, any scene can look dumb in an out of context webm. I could probably take a scene from Vertigo or Taxi Driver, make a webm out of 3 seconds of it, and someone who hasn't seen the movie would reply 'lol looks retarded' or 'what ps2 game is this?'.

I thought the same thing when I saw the webms, that it looked ridiculous, but in context it's much more in keeping with the tone of the film.
>>
File: thisi s stupid.jpg (34KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
thisi s stupid.jpg
34KB, 600x300px
>This is stupid.
>>
>>79809946
No, the film was dumb as mud.
>>
>>79809979
It was a helluva ride though. I enjoyed it.
>>
I thought it was largely well done. Great job by Garfield. The 14th shot of a random soldier being jettisoned out of an explosion covered head to toe in flame got to be a bit much.
>>
>>79808633
Excellent movie. More of those pls *rubs hands*
>>
>>79809946
don't bother, people here don't hate it because of its lack of realism
they hate it because /pol/tards love it and the mc is a hardcore religiousfag
>>
I saw this in the movie theater. It made old people cry more than Obamacare
>>
>>79810249
I have never seen this film mentioned on /pol/ and Its my main board. The fact that the main character is religious doesnt bother me either.

Its just a dumb film.
>>
>End of the movie showing real live Mrs. Desmond Dawes.
>she looks like Tess from Dick Tracy if she had severely recessed genes.

I'll admit I started laughin' in the kinoplex
>>
muh bible
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.