[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this show worth my time? Is it moderately accurate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: MarcoNolo.jpg (188KB, 674x1000px) Image search: [Google]
MarcoNolo.jpg
188KB, 674x1000px
Is this show worth my time? Is it moderately accurate?
>>
>>79799218
i thought it was decent. idk about accuracy but its a fun watch
>>
>>79799218
They fucking cancelled it in favor of Stranger Things. Call me crazy but I bet there are shows Netflix funds that deserve to be cancelled more than Marco Polo. Like one of those retarded sitcoms. Fucking cunts.
>>
Accuracy and otherwise think basically Vikings and Spartacus
I liked it, too bad it was cancelled
>>
>>79799218
First season is decent, second season has too much filler and a much less interesting antagonist, as well as far less actual Marco Polo content

Probably as accurate as the Great Wall but Chinese history outiside of the Han dynasty and WWII is not my area of expertise

Watch the first season and make up your own headcanon for it
>>
Doesn't even try to be historical and immediately starts jumping sharks with king fu shit.

Real talk, it is trash. Which is a shame because a historical drama about the real Mongol court would be Based
>>
>>79799218
I doubt its accuracy but it is a good show if you like historical dramas.
>>
Solid advice. Im gonna stick with it.
>>
As far as accuracy goes, I can at least say that Marco Polo did not fucking teach the mongols how to make trebuchets
>>
>>79799255
>>79799285
>>79799301
>>79799324
>>79799335
>>79799353

Just consider it Marco Polo retelling the story, bullshitting, after returning to Italy.

Taking credit for trebuchets, banging princesses, learning quong fu from a blind guy, it's all supposed to be exaggerated.
>>
>>79799218
Like with most historical dramas, the broad strokes are correct while the finer details are a matter of literary license. The major accomplishments of Kublai Khan are accurate and in the correct order as presented in the film. Little things like who's fucking who and how realistic the kung fu is? Less important details that they use for cinematic effect.

The overall series was great, but you need to know going in... Marco Polo isn't the main character. Kublai Khan is. Marco Polo is the viewer's self-insert, a way for us to take in the unfamiliar Mongolian court as westerners.
>>
they went full retard with Jingim and Prester John in the second season, still better than most of netflix "originals"
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.