[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All these movies were shit. What the fuck happened to Hollywood?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: best picture nominees.png (797KB, 955x651px) Image search: [Google]
best picture nominees.png
797KB, 955x651px
All these movies were shit. What the fuck happened to Hollywood?
>>
Hell or high water was entertaining even though I am not 100 % sympathetic with the characters. Stop living in the middle of nowhere ffs, it's over!

Arrival was ok but a bit slow. I thought it for better nearer the end when it tied everything up. And the emotion was done well.

Hacksaw ridge was pure kino entertainment.

I think the problem may be that arrival and HOHW felt like smaller scale movies (and these indie films can sometimes feel insubstantial or like lightweight experiments, even when they're good). They're like arrows that aim straight for the Oscars bull's eye when something like the social network or saving private Ryan or return of the king are trucks in comparison
>>
Hacksaw Ridge, Arrival and Hell or High Water are good. The rest is boring oscar bait.
>>
Hating modern films doesn't make you patrician.

Fences and Moonlight are really good, though I'm talking about the actual Broadway play of Fences.
>>
hell or... and hacksaw were good

lala and arrival had potential
>>
>>79793896
>being this contrarian

You really make me hate you sometimes you know that /tv/?
>>
>>79793896
hell or high water was pretty good. it had the most realistic gun play i've seen in a movie in the longest time, and despite being a heist/action movie the story wasn't full on retarded, but also not overly slow.
>>
>>79793896
I've seen arrival, moonlight, hacksaw ridge, la la land and lion. They were all pretty good. Some were a little oscar baity but it felt that they just happened to be oscar baity and they weren't deliberately like that just to score points. Obviously a story about a gay black dude will earn brownie points but it felt like the it actually meant something to the director, same with la la land. Also I feel like Nocturnal Animals should be in there, just watched it and it was breddy gud. They always nominate good movies but sometimes they miss out on some real quality stuff. I don't think they nominated Prisoners either and that was one of the best movies of that year.
>>
Moonlight and Hell or High Water were good.
>>
>>79794430
Prisoners was fucking shit.

Christ this board is a retard central.
>>
literally nothing interesting in that category, what a terrible year for movies.
>>
>>79793896
MBTS, Arrival and Hacksaw Ridge are pure kino dumb plebs
>>
>>79794483
I agree movies just suck now. All so pretentious
>>
>>79794462
>T. Beta Pleb
Go back to watching Transformers 2 or some shit.
>>
>>79794483
>Didn't see Fences when it played on Broadway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBTXS42dj40
>>
>>79793896
Hacksaw Ridge was pretty average not gonna lie. It's not really any better than any other war film that's been made.

I haven't been able to see any of the other films yet but La La Land's score is incredible. "Epilogue" and "Credits" are two of the best musical pieces I've heard in a long time.
>>
>>79794642
Is cool, the fact people think Villeneuve is good only affirms that I have still good taste and sense of mind.
>>
>>79794462
>>79794704
t. Korinefag
>>
>>79794651
Jesus I remember reading this play in 11th grade.
>>
NBTS, Arrival and Hell or High Water are all great movies
Fences, Moonlight and La La Land are alright
the others are garbage
>>
>>79794263
>>79794326
>>79794367
>>79794415
>>79794433
I don't understand how the Hell or High Water gets so much praise, I was looking forward to seeing it but it was nothing but mediocre. A nice little mediocre you watch at sunday evening and forget about it on the other day.
What was so special about it?
>>
>>79794642
Prisoners is THE example of inauthentic sensibility cinema. It doesn't get more juvenile "film buff" than this movie. Everything from the casting, to the themes, to the cinematography. It physically pains me to even think about it. Fincher was always the epitome of IMDB to me until this movie, but then Villenvue managed to topple him.
>>
>>79794764
It's pretty much couple of fa/tv/irgins jerking over their manly men shit, just like the stupid Villeneuve faggot praising Prisoners for being something opposed to "low test beta films".

Shit taste, low IQ combined to a retard alt-rightist in one roll.
>>
File: 1475859583438.jpg (370KB, 1524x1716px) Image search: [Google]
1475859583438.jpg
370KB, 1524x1716px
>>79794790
I already told you to fuck off Korinefag
Your buzzword filled diarrhea excuses for posts are fucking embarrassing
>>
>>79794794
not an argument
>>
>>79794764
Plebs
Neowestern plebs are the same as horror plebs
>>
>>79794790
>>79795010
Hipsters, hipsters everywhere
>>
>>79794794

Look at how many buzzwords you used to not only describe why a movie is bad, but attack everyone who likes said movie.

Think about what that says about your ability to formulate an argument.
>>
>>79794730
>>79794891
newfriend here... what does korinefag refer to?
>>
>>79795082
>pleb watches slightly passable flick in a genre thats usually full of shit
>EXCELLENT! FILM OF THE YEAR! KINO! KEYYYKNOW!
Every year
Every time
>>
>>79795172
An autistic poster with massive hatred for acclaimed directors such as Nolan, Tarantino, Fincher, PTA, Villeneuve and McQueen
He likes Korine, Cronemberg, Herzog, Malick, Tarr and Haneke
He also circlejerks Armond White

He also has pretty distinctive writing style and always uses lots of buzzwords and no arguments
>>
>>79795179
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>79795340
Sounds similar to the same type of people saying that La La Land and movies from Innaritu are dishonest(?)
>>
>>79795368
The plebs over the years that have praised trash like: It Follows, Babbydook, The Witch, Young Ones, The Rover, et cetera
>>
>>79795392
Yeah it's the same guy
>>
Both me and my total pleb dad agreed that Hacksaw was too "Pearl-Harbory".

It was a one time watcher that just felt like a typical Hollywood war movie, with all the hodgepodge of unique but undeveloped side characters, and the soft love story exposition.

I can't believe it's being considered as best of the year, must have been a shit year for film
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.