[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most boring piece of shit i've ever seen in my life.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

File: moonlight_ver2.jpg (110KB, 521x755px) Image search: [Google]
moonlight_ver2.jpg
110KB, 521x755px
Most boring piece of shit i've ever seen in my life.
>>
>>79793513
wait till you see manchester by the sea

more like manchester by the ZZZZZZZZZ
>>
>>79793513
you obviously haven't seen transformers 2
>>
>>79793529
I've seen it, and it was actually good because it's emotional, it's sad as fuck but it's good, moonlight is just a bunch of nothing happening.
>>
>>79793563
At least that movie has cgi
>>
>>79793513
same, and I sat through the entire LOTR trilogy
>>
Hacksaw ridge is stupid. La La land does not deserve nominations.

Is American culture dying?
>>
>>79793513
I wonder what would people like you say if you watch any Tarkovsky or Bergman film
>>
>>79793585
to its detriment
>>
>>79793581
literally nothing happens in manchester by the sea either and just because the main character is an autistic slob that acts as your self insert doesn't make moonlight any less "emotional" than MbtS
>>
>>79793529
Gf even thought Manchester by the sea was boring
>>
>>79793529

Nope, both are dull, but Moonlight is duller.
>>
>>79793637
he probably couldnt marathon 5 minutes of tarkovski
>>
>>79793513
wait till you see Fences
I literally stopped the movie 23 minutes in and watched Bleed for This instead, that was a fine motion picture
>>
File: 1486938711182.jpg (125KB, 388x475px) Image search: [Google]
1486938711182.jpg
125KB, 388x475px
>>79793637
>I wonder what would people like you say if you watch any Tarkovsky or Bergman film

"It's better than Moonlight!"
>>
File: image.png (61KB, 200x141px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
61KB, 200x141px
why did they compare dicks. is that something the black culture does?
>>
>>79793637

Not OP, but I found Moonlight boring too and I managed to sit through all of stalker with only one break. Persona is probably the most boring movie I've ever seen, though.
>>
>>79793723
you didn't do that with your friends?

smallest guy had to jerk off the rest.... you missed out, bub
>>
>>79793637
I watched solaris, also boring, didn't even feel like a space movie, just a bunch of people talking about philosophy.

>>79793647
In manchester you start the movie knowing nothing and eventually you begin to understand things as the flashbacks happen, which was really interesting and surprising. In moonlight it's just one dude getting bullied and he's kinda gay, that's it.
>>
>>79793723
this picture always makes my day
>>
>>79793747
It's okay to find a film "boring" or not to like it, but to call it a piece of shit just based on that is just absurd.
>>
This just looks so gay.
>>
File: 117897979891.jpg (9KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
117897979891.jpg
9KB, 300x240px
>>79793723

All you need to know is, it hit three targets at once:

>black crack mama
>society victim son
>faggotry
>>
>>79793804

If I really don't like anything about a movie, I'll call it a piece of shit, just like the rest of this board does.
>>
>>79793637
>things plebs who think are patrician say
>>
>>79793848
Well that's just sad anon.

You can not like a critically acclaimed film because it's not your taste, but you don't call it "shit" just because you don't like it.
And you can like a critical unsuccessful flop because it fits your taste, but you are aware of it's flaws and you don't blindly call it a masterpiece.

Basically, if you really think it's shit you should have better arguments than "it's boring".
>>
it seemed cinematically heavy handed. and the story was boring
>>
>>79794027
What if it was critically acclaimed only because it was oscar bait? Only way to make it even more bait would be have the dude be a retard or a cripple or something.
>>
File: green guy.jpg (14KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
green guy.jpg
14KB, 251x242px
>>79794027

>movies are factually good or bad
>>
>>79794027
there was nothing special about it. fucking freedom writers was better than this shit
>>
>>79794027
Go teach a film appreciation course, you useless fucking windbag. Nobody cares for your unsolicited "lessons" in how to express an opinion. I call you "shit" just because I don't like you, and there's nothing you can do about it
>>
File: think of others.png (298KB, 595x426px) Image search: [Google]
think of others.png
298KB, 595x426px
>i can take as many of these as i want
>leaves none for others
>>
>>79794114
That's my point, it doesn't even matter is it critically acclaimed or not, you should like every movie based on your taste, not on the critics opinion.
And if you don't like a movie, that also doesn't necessarily mean the movie is automatically bad.

I say again, if you legitimately think a certain movie is bad and has flaws in it's execution, you should be able to form an actual argument about it besides "it's boring".
>>
>>79794295
Of course boring is a flaw, boring is bad therefore a flaw.
>>
>>79794295
what did you like about this terrible movie
>>
>>79794295

When did this meme that "it's boring" isn't valid criticism begin? Some times when I watch a movie, I just don't care for the plot and characters. That makes it boring. What else am I supposed to say? At best I can say the pacing is too slow or something, but then I'm just gonna get shit like "you have ADHD", "you're a millennial" or "go watch Transformers".
>>
>>79793827

It literally is.

A bunch of black people went to see it and flipped shit because it looked like an artsy gangsta movie and ended up being some sob story about a crackhead with daddy issues who jerks off his buddy in a car.
>>
>>79793529
kek'd hard
>>
MOTY in my opinion, better than La La Land

Only complaint is that the ending was a bit abrupt
>>
>>79794177
There are ways to objectively analyze movies you dumb frog poster.
>>
>>79794366
I didn't like/enjoy it overall. The performances were solid and the writing too, but I found the cinematography, which everybody seems to be raving about, way too jarring and overstylized.
Especially in the first two acts. The high saturation with a hard contrast, blown out whites, videogame character like shiny faces, shaky cam and too many unmotivated camera movements.
Those 360 tracking shots for example, it calls too much attention to itself instead of complimenting the story. The first one in the opening sequence especially, it was almost comical to me.
I know all of those are intentional choices so the third act can be in contrast with the static shots and minimal movements, but still I don't think it justifies to take the viewer out of the great performances with such aggressive visual extravaganza.

I never said I enjoyed Moonlight, it is a decent movie but nothing more. I was just amazed how you fuckers are able to call something "terrible/shit" just because you find it boring/didn't like it that much with not one single coherent point which atleast resembles an argument.
>>
File: 1469054632910.jpg (143KB, 828x648px) Image search: [Google]
1469054632910.jpg
143KB, 828x648px
>>79793623
>American
>culture
>>
>>79794388
Well if you were a professional critic, "boring" wouldn't be good enough, because it's very subjective and not descriptive. You didn't connect with the plot or the characters, but it's not because the filmmaker did something wrong, it's just not for you. Other people would find your favorite films boring for the same reason.

But none of us are professional film critics, personal opinions are a perfectly valid part of this kind of discussion, and >>79794295 is just being an autistic faggot
>>
you haven't seen la la land
>>
>>79794717
take that back.
>>
>>79793650
>gf thought MBTS was boring
no shit, it's "women will never understand" kino
>>
>>79794717

La La Land wasn't really boring. Just forgettable, and it tried too hard to suck Hollywood's dick, which somehow worked.
>>
>>79794850
>forgettable

Like all are. It's a fucking movie, it's not your first sex or your parent's funeral.
>>
That's ok OP, just go watch Dr Strange again
>>
>>79794591
go back to film school, nerd
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.