[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What Edward leaving her waiting at the end meant ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: NA.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
NA.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
What Edward leaving her waiting at the end meant ?
>>
>>79789037
>HAHA TAKE THAT, BITCH, YOU HAD TO SIT ALONE IN A RESTAURANT FOR A BRIEF PERIOD OF TIME
>I BET YOU WERE SOMEWHAT EMBARRASSED AND DISAPPOINTED, YOU USELESS FUCKING WHORE
>EPIC REVENGE XDDD
>>
>>79789080
literal retard simpleton
>>
>>79789115
Not an argument.
>>
File: nocturnal animals.png (420KB, 1000x413px) Image search: [Google]
nocturnal animals.png
420KB, 1000x413px
he got his pic related
>>
>>79789080
It wasn't just the restaurant you dumbo, it was her entire fucking life. Reigniting an old flame was her chance to turn her life around and feel satisfied again, but instead she got rejected, insultingly so.
>>
>>79789521
but still was a rather pathetic way to do it
no respectable man would do that, I guess that's the point...
>>
>>79789218
I loved this movie but fuck that was embarrassing
>>
>>79789080
basically this

it still felt satisfying
>>
>>79789521
I guess so, but I can't really see that as "revenge," it's just a petty and low-impact act of spite. He didn't do anything to screw up her life. She seems kind of disillusioned and unfulfilled in the way a LOT of people are at her age, but it's all the result of her own choices, not her ex-husband's manipulation. Externally, she really seems to be doing quite well.

If this whole movie is supposed to be Jake's revenge scheme, there were a thousand ways he could've carried it further. He doesn't actually screw anything up for her. Maybe he's pointed out the dissatisfaction she already feels with her life, maybe he's brought up some old memories from their old relationship, but... so what? I got the sense that she already felt regret & shame over the way the marriage ended BEFORE he sent her the book. At the end of the film, nothing has changed for her.
>>
He doesn't give a fuck about her, she's dead to him now. He just wanted to prove her wrong. He can write an awesome novel, and knows that it will be successful. He isn't weak like she thought.
>>
>>79789218
This movie had some cringy imagery, like with the two girls asses matching or whatever.
>>
It meant that he is not a grown up man just a passive-aggressive bitch who writes violent cuck rape revenge stories because he can't deal with reality.
And she somehow found that compelling.
>>
>>79790149
You're fuckin cringy. If that makes you cringe I don't know how you've watched all 20 Marvel flicks.
>>
>>79790009
He fucks her husband
>>
>>79790009
That's the thing though, I think what he did was enough to screw up her life. Or at least that he thought it would be enough. I think it's supposed to be ambiguous whether he succeeded or not though so it depends on how you interpret it.
>>
>>79789080
>BRIEF PERIOD OF TIME
It's literally his way of saying you're stuck in the unsatisfing life you've made for yourself.
>EPIC REVENGE XDDD
It really is though. He gave her hope, but then crushed her emotionally. He doesn't show up because he has basically said everything he needed to say through his book.
>>
He so obviously kills himself you dumb fucks, and after an hour of sitting alone she realises it
>>
>>79792328
>He gave her hope, but then crushed her emotionally.
Maybe I'm soulless or something, but I just don't see it. Didn't their marriage end like 20 years before the events of this film? She'd already processed her feelings about everything that happened. Sure, she wasn't all that happy in her current life, but who is?

And it's not like he actually gave her enough hope to crush her by pulling out the rug. He didn't tell her he still loved her, he didn't suggest he wanted to get back together. If I'm remembering correctly his invitation was just something like "hey I'm going to be in your city this week, it'd be nice to see you again." It wasn't even a date.

I'm not even sure that that final scene was intended to be "Jake's revenge." I haven't heard Tom Ford talk about it in-depth, but I have read that he says Amy Adams's character is his own self-insert.
>>
>>79789080
Virgin detected
>>
>movie can show ugly naked fat bitches dancing
>can't show his qt teen daughter and mom getting violently raped by rednecks

Fucking dropped.
>>
>>79793274
But anon, to only show attractive women is objectification!
>>
People who make movies this bad should have their sight taken away. I fucking hate the director.
>>
>>79789678
Well, her mother called him a faggot before.
>>
I thought it was his final triumph over her - she constantly harped on him for being too emotional and sensitive. Yet, after setting up an incredibly emotional confrontation/reconciliation between the two of them by sending her a book that was a metaphor for her greatest betrayal of him (her casually aborting his child), he chose to simply walk away and cut her out of his life.

By radically departing from her expectations, he finally achieves revenge/self actualization.
>>
> wife betrays husband in the worst way imaginable (infanticide)
> wife is unhappy with her decision after the fact
> husband gives her hope that they might be able to reconcile, allowing her to undo her betrayal
> at the last minute, he renegs, forcing her to accept the fact that she must confront her choices alone

I liked it, but it wasn't for everyone
>>
>>79789080
this. shit movie.
>>
>>79792419
Dies in the novel, yeah.. doesn't mean he kills himself in real life.. Why would he?

Tony dying in the novel is just the old, weak version of Edward dying.
>>
>>79789037
He achieved what he set out to do. He showed her that he wasn't weak and could stick to his dreams and achieve it while she became a sell out and wasted her happiness. He also wrote something that cold make her feel the way she made him feel after destroying his "wife and child" like the killers in the story. He showed her how much better he turned out compared to her and threw it in her face. He won.
>>
>>79792419

Never thought of this theory because it is pretty retarded
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.