[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lisa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

So, she was an empty person with nothing original to say?

She was a low-quality person.
>>
File: 1465396009530.png (61KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1465396009530.png
61KB, 320x320px
Moments of brilliance bogged down stifling negativity and condescension. Should have been a short maybe.

>Perpetually outside and just a little above, Michael is aware of the pathetic yet touching failings that mark everyone else—the people who live and feel firsthand, without the self-awareness of a theoretical and creative observer such as Michael (or Kaufman), but also with greater authenticity and truer humanity. Yet Kaufman betrays himself as much with his condescending compassion as with his withering observations. He builds his modest characters as collections of traits that appear as calculated details drawn from life but serving to do nothing but evoke sighs akin to those yielded by pictures of children and pets. The artificial sweetness and gentle satire of his portraits of characters who could be labeled as everyday people is haughty and incurious.

>The line that he draws between a Michael, who has a creative profession that yields a public identity, and a Lisa (or any of the other people he encounters), who simply work for a living and simply live, is the Hollywood line. With its immense but blank, self-regardingly self-congratulatory sympathy for the benighted masses toiling in their ostensible ordinariness, with its critical judgment of the talented but unfeeling, observant yet selfish minor artistic celebrity, “Anomalisa” looks like the work of an incurious egomaniac of conferences and offices, sets and studios, who hasn’t soiled the soles of his shoes on actual sidewalks for decades.
>>
>>79784087
>muh overcompensating yuppie guilt resulting in reading class into every film no matter what from decades of writing schlock for a living

HACK
>>
>>79784199
You're doing great.
>>
>>79784087
What a sophomore tier analysis. You neglect the fact that this perspective of ordinary people isn't exclusive to Hollywood but prevalent throughout culture.
Trying to pretend you have critical insight through an attitude of juvenile indictment is pathetic
>>
>>79784087

good analysis
>>
>>79784548
Obviously I didnt write it as it's greentexted and it's author pictured, and what an odd defense:
>his perspective of ordinary people isn't exclusive to Hollywood but prevalent throughout culture.

The fuck does that even mean? Yeah, no shit, it's still ultimately curmudgeonly and empty, missing the heart and angst of the far superior Synecdoche.
>Trying to pretend you have critical insight through an attitude of juvenile indictment is pathetic

Stop not liking what I liiiike!
>>
File: 1422818069418.jpg (174KB, 1533x961px) Image search: [Google]
1422818069418.jpg
174KB, 1533x961px
>>79784674
>Obviously I didnt write it as it's greentexted

You fresh off the boat from reddit or something
>>
>>79784746
And the "Reddit" retort, i am so surprised.
>>
this guy is getting railed
>>
>>79784010
Charlie Kaufman's schtick is wearing really thin. He needs to get back together with Spike Jonze, they're both kinda floundering without each other
>>
>>79784772
If you can't respect our board culture I recommend you leave
>>
>>79784795

agree.
>>
>>79784654
Same
>>
File: 1450742845539.gif (773KB, 260x221px) Image search: [Google]
1450742845539.gif
773KB, 260x221px
This movie honestly sucked. Gimmicky AND vacuous.

I wanted to like it because of Synecdoche, but oh well.
>>
>>79784824
>our
>board
>culture
This forum doesn't belong to you or anyone and doesn't have any culture
>>
Name a Charlie Kaufman movie that isn't about a neurotic middle aged guy having an existential crisis. I'll wait.
>>
>>79784795
Couldn't agree more
>>
>>79784931
Friend you're making a scene
>>
>>79784548
kek how can you be so fucking retarded

it was a quote
>>
>>79784087
>>79784940
At least he's honest. Devoid of self-awareness and addicted to plagiarizing himself, but at least he portrays middle aged white guys the way that they actually think and behave
>>
>>79784674
>>79784997
Samefag
>>
>>79785032
>addicted to plagiarizing himself

lol its true
>>
>>79785039
>fucks up in the most basic newfag way possible
>two different people caught it? no way!
>>
Why was the sex scene so long?
>>
>>79785032
Don't get me wrong, I still think he's a great talent. Synecdoche is one of the best films of recent years, and as I said, Anomolisa contains strains of brilliance, he just needs... a new spark, or muse, or outlook, or course change in some way. Synecdoche was so comprehensive and grand that it sort of said all he had to say it seems, and Anomolisa just rehashed it in a lesser way.
>>
>>79784795
?

The last movie Spike made was his best by far
>>
>>79785255

Synecdoche New York was pretentious and boring shite

Its what happens when a 19 year old high school filmmaker gets enough money to express his faggotry on screen.
>>
>>79785348
>pretentious

There's that word again.
>>
>>79785367

It means art with no merit. Synecdoche had no merit
>>
>>79785411
>It means art with no merit.

Oh, right, thanks
>>
>>79785411
>It means art with no merit
No it doesn't.
>>
>>79784010
I guess it depends on who you relate to more. If you relate more to the protagonist then you see that everyone is kind of the same and that people aren't as different as you're led to believe. If you relate more to the chick you can argue that the protag has unrealistic expectations and is too dismissive of others because of them.
>>
>>79784795
I actually disagree, I found Eternal Sunshine and Synecdoche to be much better than Being John Malkovich and little better than Adaptation.
>>
>>79785341
"Her" was a great idea in need of a great screenwriter. I liked the movie a lot but it was very flawed

>>79785601
Synecdoche was a great script, but again, I think it would've been a better film if Spike Jonze had directed it. For me, the issue with Kaufman's self-directed stuff is that Kaufman really seems to hate himself. It's obvious that he writes himself into all of his protagonists. It's also obvious that his friends Spike Jonze and Michel Gondry don't hate Charlie nearly as much as Charlie does, so they depict the "Charlie Kaufman" characters with a level of affection and sympathy that he doesn't spare for himself. In another director's hands, Kaufman's work looks like self-deprecation. When he's making the films himself, it just looks like self-loathing.
>>
They were both daft cunts.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.