[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEW YORK CITY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: Godzilla 98.jpg (38KB, 650x367px) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla 98.jpg
38KB, 650x367px
Are there any New Yorkers here?

How does it make you feel to see your city getting blown up in nearly half of the action movies that come out?

Does it make a movie feel more personal to you?
>>
what's that fucking image?
>>
File: The Avengers.png (636KB, 846x460px) Image search: [Google]
The Avengers.png
636KB, 846x460px
>>79779582
I don't know.
>>
GOTTA BE WORTH BLOWING UP

THE NEW INDEPENDENCE DAY HAS A QUIP ABOUT ALIENS LIKE HITTING THE LANDMARKS
>>
>>79779505
A lot of the time the shit getting blown up is filmed somewhere other than New York.
>>
File: Angelababy.jpg (98KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Angelababy.jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
Holly Jews come from either New York or Los Angeles, so those are the only two areas that exist in film.
>>
>>79779505
Not really since
1. They only blow up the famous areas in action movies
2. They usually get the streets and locations wrong, since they usually shoot in LA on a set made to look like New York
>>
>tfw staten island remains untouched

SOMEBODY BLOW UP THIS SHITHOLE ALREADY
>>
File: New York Tumblr users.jpg (230KB, 687x1065px) Image search: [Google]
New York Tumblr users.jpg
230KB, 687x1065px
95% of Hollywood writers are from New York City or LA. They write what they know. There is your answer.

Its also why NYC is portrayed as a non-shithole that everyone wants to live in, even though its a shithole that people try to leave but can't due to poverty.
>>
>>79779789
>Dress up as somebody that pours acid on your face or beheads you
>Watch out, beloved daughter, she might pour acid on your face or behead you
>OMG SUCH DISCRIMINATION
>>
File: torture.png (708KB, 1281x682px) Image search: [Google]
torture.png
708KB, 1281x682px
>>79779839
>>
>>79779789
There's nothing immoral about judging someone's choices. Religion is a choice.
>>
>>79779505

As someone who's never been to New York I get fucking annoyed at how many shows and movies are not only set in that shithole, but how many of them rely on the assumption that you're familiar with how the city is laid out or what it's like to live there. Really takes me out of a lot of shows.
>>
>>79779789
Lots of people want to live in NYC. They're just successful people.
>>
>>79781240
>never been to NYC
>still thinks it's a shithole
>>
>>79781265

That's just me venting my stated frustrations. I have no opinion of whether it's a good or bad city, though its constant focus and glorification in literally all media does grate on me and make me a bit irrationally salty toward it. Generally I don't like the feel of big cities I have been to, though. Orlando, Chicago, Boston... I'm not a fan of those places and I have been to them. I can't imagine I'd like NYC much more than any other big city.
>>
>>79779505
it's really quite a tease

9/11 version 2 when?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.