[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sarah Connor from Terminator and Terminator 2 are really the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: sarahconnor.jpg (701KB, 1932x1932px) Image search: [Google]
sarahconnor.jpg
701KB, 1932x1932px
Sarah Connor from Terminator and Terminator 2 are really the only "strong female protagonist" that's believable and not a Mary Sue.

In Terminator 1 she's a hopeless fuckup, she comes in late for work, she fucks up on her job, she gets stood up on dates, like nothing in her life is really working out. She gets attacked and almost killed and is a hopeless damsel in distress the entire movie. She's weak, she can't fight, she's not particularly smart or crafty, and she's told that her son will save Humanity, and that she needs to become strong so that she can teach him. It's overwhelming pressure, and her own life is in jeopardy and all she can do is rely upon one man who has sworn to protect her, and then he dies. The terminator is near destroyed in the process and she's able to finish him off with the hydraulic press, but now she's alone, with a heavy burden, a burden nobody will believe, and she realizes she has to change.

She spends the next several years associating with paramilitaries and gun runners and war veterans, whoring herself around so she can learn survival and combat skills she'll need to teach John, physically training herself and mentally wrestling with the fact that she knows when the apocalypse is coming, it drives her crazy, she tries to stop this horrible future and gets arrested and committed, but even there she continues training and trying to find ways to help John, trying to escape.

So when T2 rolls around she's fucking ripped for a woman, and trained in weapons and hand to hand combat., and not only did the character train in canon, but the actress trained for the role. It's one of the only times I can believe a woman physically taking out men twice her weight in hand to hand combat. No CGI, no tricky camera angles, you see the way she moves and carries her weight into each hit and you believe she could kick their ass.

Why don't more actresses put as much effort into their heroine roles as Linda did?
>>
>Linda Hamilton trained with former Israeli commando Uzi Gal and with personal trainer Anthony Cortes for three hours a day, six days a week for 13 weeks before filming. Under both, she trained intensely with weights and learned judo and heavy military training techniques. She had to maintain a demanding non-fat diet even during filming and lost 12 pounds. Because of this punishing regimen, she declined to reprise her role for "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines." Ironically, her identical twin sister Leslie Hamilton Gearren was only required to "hit the gym" for a few hours a week and the difference is visible in the two scenes they star in together.
>>
File: amused-draper.jpg (34KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
amused-draper.jpg
34KB, 413x395px
>>79779130
> OP sincerely believes that "Strong Female Protagonist" means a female character mimicking roles and capabilities assigned traditionally to males, not realizing that defining one's identity through simplistically specific, thorough rejection of the social constructs thrust upon you (instead of revindicating their own importance and gaining control over them while exercising the development of universal qualities of the self such as wholeness, egoless belonging, and emotional health) only serves to actually insult and delegitimate yourself and your perceived "equals", whom you are in reality using as a baseline to egotistically validate your own superiorit to help your crippling feeling of inadequacy.
>>
>>79779158
I know she might not think it was really worth the intensive training or whatever.

But god bless her man, she looked the part and played it well. She was shredded and her whole demeanour in that film is a stark massive contrast to her in Terminator 1.

Kudos to her, I mean it's looked back on fondly for a reason.
>>
>>79779420

i like tuch here very sexpusy
>>
>>79779130
Basically she lost some weight and her manjaw became apparent so you thought she was mroe manly.
>>
>>79779130
That's a breadstick with sunglasses, anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 604x385px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 604x385px
>>79782367

She is is a believable operator like my Bridget Regan
>>
File: 1485436083231.jpg (57KB, 647x587px) Image search: [Google]
1485436083231.jpg
57KB, 647x587px
>>79782532
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 640x360px
>>79782986
I look like a movie star
>>
>>79780208
she was living with james cameron when they made the movie
>>
>>79783012
Steve Buscemi says that every morning.
>>
>>79779130

I agree she's the best, I really thought Ripley in the first two Aliens and Furiosa were great as well. They were not as physically strong as Linda but they behaved in believable ways during physical situations and always went for a weapon if they had to fight a man, which is the way to do it.
>>
>>79779130
she's a complete mary sue you faggot numale kike
>>
>>79783283
>everyone screaming feminism at Fury Road
>Furiosa loses every time she fights in melee
>also only survives because of Max
>doesn't save all the girls
>Max has the suggestion that ends up being their victory

She was fucking awesome regardless because of her ferocity and determination, I agree she's definitely near the top in action films. Ripley I'm no so sure of, but that's just my opinion man

What about unrealistic characters in unrealistic situations, like The Bride from Kill Bill?
>>
>>79783434

Beatrix was alright.
>>
>>79783434
Quarantino ruined Kill Bill with his creepy foot obsession.
>>
If the exact same movie were made today, you'd be crying all over the board about how a female ruined your childhood toys.

get fucked cuck.
>>
>>79779130
did you watch the sarah connor chronicles?
>>
Sarah Connor and RIDLEY YOU FAGGOT!
>>
>>79785499
It's "Replay", fucking cunt!
>>
>>79779130
nigga please
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUHsZEo4I24
>>
>>79779420
You left school when you were 15 eh?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.