[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /tv/ think about Apocalypse Now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Apocalypse_Now_poster.jpg (98KB, 301x450px) Image search: [Google]
Apocalypse_Now_poster.jpg
98KB, 301x450px
What does /tv/ think about Apocalypse Now?
>>
Love it
>>
>>79777768
god tier but the ending was retarded
how come Kurtz managed to have a group of like 500 followers worshipping him as a god ?
the native I could understand, but the photographer and other western dudes? why did they all go crazy as well?
>>
>>79777768
Good movie but too highly rated overall imo. I dislike Sheen's raspy Sin City-like narration and his blank stare "acting": Also too many scenes that are supposed to be emotional without having the proper build up, so they are boring instead (i.e Laurence Fishburne's death and burial).

Appreciate the theme of how the horrors of war turn men into monsters but I dont think its done well enough to make it kino. Its film-tier, but not kino.
>>
>>79777847
Why does anyone ever follow a cult?
>>
I only watched the Redux cut? Is the Theatrical version better? I mean I felt like it was a pretty good movie esp. for being released in 1979, but it somehow failed to really grip me into its world.
>>
>>79777933
Agreed, theres just something that fails to immerse me in the story that truly great movies have that this lacked.
>>
>>79777768
Too deep for tv
>>
>>79777933
I've only watched Redux but I've been told it goes on for longer than is necessary and that the Theatrical cut has better pacing.
>>
>>79778078
What kind of extra material is in the Redux?
>>
File: 601px-HotPBRRear.jpg (65KB, 601x326px) Image search: [Google]
601px-HotPBRRear.jpg
65KB, 601x326px
Love it
>>
>>79778263
There's a whole section about French Colonialism where they come upon a plantation and it's just mind-numbingly boring in my opinion
>>
>>79779322
I liked it. Neat little details with surrealist feel
>>
>>79777847
the notion is that he kurtz is so charismatic and sure of himself, has descended into the 'abyss' so deeply that he becomes something more than human. his return to the raw power and violence and will of original, primal human nature is also is greatest pain, tearing him between the moral, human world, where artificial boundaries on behavior exist for the benefit of civilzation, and the powerful, unflinching, uncomprimising realm of the animal. this is why he allows Sheen to kill him, he sees how much of an abomination he has become
>>
its one of my all time favourite films, it nails the absurdity of conflict and the eternal struggle of man within himself. to me, its the greatest war film ever made. certified kino
>>
File: 1431261409748.jpg (3MB, 2000x1278px) Image search: [Google]
1431261409748.jpg
3MB, 2000x1278px
>>79777768
I can't really think of a better film.
>>
>>79779272
>The last two actually funny parody films were made nearly a quarter of a century ago.
>>
It's impossible to name a better movie go on try it you will fail
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.