[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Lexx?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: yo way yo.jpg (81KB, 425x626px) Image search: [Google]
yo way yo.jpg
81KB, 425x626px
Thoughts on Lexx?
>>
Everyone was annoying. I wish they didn't replace Zev
>>
1st xev was better than 2nd
>>
>>79776963

Great show. Got introduced to it during Sci-fi's peak years. The plot driven episodes were good, but I think most of the show's charm was the weird, inane filler episodes.

>>79777157
>>79777289
> I wish they didn't replace Zev
It's not like they had a choice in the matter.
>>
File: tp-giant-stage.jpg (18KB, 560x350px) Image search: [Google]
tp-giant-stage.jpg
18KB, 560x350px
daerht skaep niwt
>>
A SHOW FOR PERVERTS
>>
>>79776963
>uncensored shower scene > rest of show

Literally nothing else worth watching

>>79777157
>>79777289
word
>>
S1 was very good
S2 was superb
S3 was alright, but should have been half the length
S4 was shit
>>
>>79777528
yeah, and there need to be more of them. shows and perverts.

i thought the show went downhill a lot after it stopped being a German-Canadian co-production and became a German-British co-production. they replaced all the babes with pasty-faced fat balding british men in string vests with teeth like vandalized tombstones and started giving us shit plots about vampires and druids.
>>
>>79776963
i did want to smack Kai every time he said "I'm dead".

no. you move. you can think. you may not get energy from eating and you may not get erections any more but you are alive in a sense.

also.. holy shit, Stanley Tweedle has to be the stupidest person in the two universes.
>>
>>79776963
Bro team really likes this show for some reason
>>
>>79777615
>i did want to smack Kai every time he said "I'm dead".

Dude, the mere idea of the undead doesn't make sense. It's better if you just don't think about it and brush it off.
>>
>>79776963
Criminally underrated, although last season is kinda iffy
>>
>>79777574
>watch australian dvd release
>it's censored for no reason
>all other sex scenes are left in including stanley's orgy on whatever sex planet they found
>>
somebody say SKATE RAPE?
>>
File: Lexx S02E09.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Lexx S02E09.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>79779904
>>
Bunny is best girl.
>>
Stan's the man!
>>
File: lexxzev.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
lexxzev.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
great series
hot german chix
>>
>midnight on Saturday in Spanish channel
>episode was either a ton of oversexualised sex slaves, or old British men in judge wigs
Was j.o. Russian roulette for 13 yo me
>>
>>79776963
Watching this as a kid I a envied Kai's wrist weapon
>>
LEXX, simply put, is one of the best sci-fi shows on television. It's a powerful antithesis to Star Trek, which can also stand on it's own.

Kirk or Picard are ideals. Rarely wrong, always upstanding to higher moral values, simply best of the best of human crop. Stanley Tweedle, is just you. Cowardly, self-hating and practical, he puts his own survival above everything else. Xev just wants sex. All the time. And Kai has no emotions whatsoever, it's a calculating machine. Those 3 characters represent humanity, and much more importantly, they represent YOU.

The storytelling is also full of grim realizations. Even when those flawed character do come to right decision (and you cheer for them, because this doesn't come naturally to them), and do the right thing, it often is meaningless, and the fate seals the deal anyway (more on that in a bit).

If regular crews come to new planets to help, without interfering too much (another ideal), LEXX crews comes to JUDGE. They judge entire civilizations. The places they visit always represent some facet of our society, and weirdly are almost always more degenerate, than the crew itself. By the end of the episode, you're rooting for the planet to be destroyed.

Note, that LEXX, the ship, has only one mode of operation: it destroys planets. It's childish (like his personality), but very effective message. You can't interfere in affairs in any meaningful way, your only other option is to walk away. (In rare instances, when they DO walk away, the planet is usually destroyed anyways, do to idiocy of it's inhabitants, or due to fate).

On "ground level", Kai is pretty much the same. You can't kill him. He kills you in one shot. That's the deal. There's no reasoning with him.

Another interesting note, is that unlike, say, Farscape, the character bikering does leave a mark. They are the worst threats to each other, and even the series finale is determined by 790 fucking killing everyone out of spite.
>>
>>79782894
(cont.)

Now, watching the series with all that in mind, is already a very rewarding experience. It's full of insights about our human condition and about our sick society. It's a bit grim, but this outlook makes the rare instances of something positive, and hopeful, much more effective. But that's not everything LEXX has to offer.

On top of that, it has, what I'd call, "effortless continuity". The world-building is unique, yet somehow very consistent. Every new details lays on top of the foundation perfectly. It probably has ZERO plot holes, or continuity errors, partly because it doesn't try too hard to maintain those. The writers simply remember what they introduced earlier and play off that.

Then, it is full of literary allusions, most notably Shakespeare and Dante. Kafka is also a strong influence. It also has an interesting subplot about Brunnen-G, the "perfect" elf (or vulcan) - like race of ubermensh. Their story is spread thin across the seasons, but is compelling, and serves as an interesting underlining of humanity. The theme of fate vs free will is in the crux of the show, is brought up constantly, and is embodied in Time Cycles concept: "it happened before, it's happening now, it will certainly happen again" (sing with me). Although the show definitely has a lot to say, it leaves enough space for you to form your own opinion about the subject it touches. When your ideals do not align with the cruel universe(s) it presents, it's especially heart-breaking and thought-provoking.

The production budget (in S2-S4) is low, but they settings are never uncreative. It's a wild, often absurd, ride. It has some unique sci-fi concepts, and some of the more common concepts are always presented in a unique way. Out of 4 full seasons, there are maybe 2 or 3 episodes, that are subpar, which is an excellent track record for ANY show.

All in all, a 10/10 show, one of the best sci-fi series around. Highly recommended.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.