[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So which is the better of the brothers? Boromir or Faramir?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4474.jpg (110KB, 900x605px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4474.jpg
110KB, 900x605px
So which is the better of the brothers? Boromir or Faramir?
>>
Would do both desu
>>
Boromir.

Anyone who picks faracuck is literally /reddit/
>>
I like both. They're both good men with understandable motives
>>
File: IMG_4101.jpg (113KB, 962x1300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4101.jpg
113KB, 962x1300px
>>79763448
Faramir was never tempted by the ring though.
Plus he's still alive.
>>
>>79763448
t. Denethor
>>
>>79763490
>no hopes and dreams
>no desire
>no wish to save his kingdom
>no fealty to his lord and father

I would prefer to be dead desu
>>
File: 1457320243576.jpg (78KB, 338x305px) Image search: [Google]
1457320243576.jpg
78KB, 338x305px
>>79763264
>leather or plate
>>
>>79763542
>no wish to save his kingdom
>no fealty to his lord and father

Literally charges in a suicide run in an attempt to assist the people of Gondor and please his father
>>
Boromir was the better fighter but Faramir was a great fighter in his own right, the more learned of the two and had great leadership skills. He was the better brother altogether.
>>
>>79763584
>lets the one thing that could have been used as a bargaining tool or weapon against sauron slip away
>charges heedless into battle after misinterpreting his fathers wishes like a 2 year old throwing a tantrum

I know you're playing devils advocate but c'mon
>>
Why does Denethor hate Faramir?
>>
Boromir = Brandon Stark
Faramir = Ned Stark
>>
>>79763668
>a bargaining tool or weapon against Sauron

They literally explain why they can't do this in the first film and book.
>>
>>79763696
I think because he wasn't as great as Boromir was.
>>
>>79763696
From what I can gather it's because he's not Boromir. He's angry that Boromir is dead and that Faramir is alive, so he's angry at Faramir.
>>
>>79763728
Faramir doesn't know that
>>
>>79763765
But did he hate him also when Boromir was alive?
>>
>>79763668
>misinterpreting his fathers wishes

"You know that place you just lost, go take it back"

...but we're outnumbered by the thousands

"Go take it back"

*attempts to take it back*
Don't see much misinterpretation here, Denethor was just a retard
>>
>>79763786
I haven't read the books so I'm not entirely sure, but no I don't believe so. Before he was lord I think he loved both of his children, just Boromir slightly more
>>
>>79763786
Yes. Denethor didn't like that Faramir was more bookish than Boromir, even though Faramir was a good fighter too. That and it's a simple matter of parents always liking their first born the most.
>>
>>79763801
>go take it back
>hurr I'll charge into osgilliath with a handful of men durr

And faramir was supposedly the smart one lmao
>>
>>79763696
Imagine if your eldest son was Sean Bean. Handsome, capable, successful.

Then he dies and you're left with some beta bitch cuccboi to carry on your legacy.
>>
>>79763898
Those horsemen were all the men they had available. Denethor knew this but still insisted his son attack anyway.
>>
>>79763264
Canonically Faramir.

>He is not as other men of this time, Pippin, and whatever be his descent from father to son, by some chance the blood of Westernesse runs nearly true in him; as it does in his other son, Faramir, and yet did not in Boromir whom he loved best.
>>
>>79763264
Faramir was a badass ranger who didn't succumb to the lure of the ring. Boromir was a weak willed faggot.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.