[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American Sniper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: American_Sniper_poster.jpg (30KB, 270x400px) Image search: [Google]
American_Sniper_poster.jpg
30KB, 270x400px
I just watched this. It was absolute shit.

I thought I could enjoy it just for being an American propaganda film, but it's so boring. It's, like, if you took every cliche about a war movie, but only the cliches that people hate.
>>
>not watching it every other month and full saluting every time a towelhead gets sent to the reaper
>>
>>79758719
>not clapping and tipping every time a camelfucker gets clapped
>>
>>79758624
>not drinking 14 miller lites and passing out halfway through the movie
>>
>>79758624
I agree that it wasn't really a good movie but I don't understand when people say it's an America propaganda film? It just seemed the same as other below average war movies. What made it like that for you? I didn't see any specific messages to romanticize what we're doing overseas.
>>
>>79758624
>not shooting your gun along with the film
>not shouting HEY YAWWW everytime someone gets shot
>>
File: 6609e3b4f6d1f13b42732191df2b31de.jpg (244KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
6609e3b4f6d1f13b42732191df2b31de.jpg
244KB, 1024x681px
>>79758624
Let me tell you something that might be a bit dangerous. I was trained by Simo Hayha. I was schooled in long range shooting. I was given the title of master shooter. They take a movie “American Sniper.” They have a 6-foot-1-inch little guy, whether he was straight or gay, I don’t know. I don’t care. He had never done any sniping. He doesn’t speak like a sniper. He has never held a sniper rifle. They make him the American Sniper. We got 450,000 phone calls [laughs] from everybody in the special operations community saying, “That role was perfect for you. How did that happen?” Most of the people I know didn’t like the film and didn’t go see it. It’s just a classic example of Hollywood and the politics.
>>
>>79758796
Yeh. Seems like A Clockwork Orange where everyone said "it promotes violence!" but it didn't. The main character promoted it, but the film itself didn't. And that's a very important distinction which I think people forget to make when reviewing American Sniper. Chris Kyle is patriotic sure, but the film isn't.
>>
>>79758624
>It's, like, if you took every cliche about a war movie, but only the cliches that people hate.

Like what?
>>
>>79758796
The scenes of him getting teary eyed at the images of terrorist attacks on the news. It was Just the way the main character was portrayed. He was the perfect patriotic American soldier who loved his wife but was more concerned about serving his country. He seemed very 1 dimensional. It reminded me of Nations Pride from the Inglourious Basterds movie.

I also want to make it clear that that is not the reason I did not enjoy it. I didnt enjoy it because it was boring. A movie about snipers should at least be suspenseful. The Hurt Locker is an example of a GOOD war movie set in the Iraq War.
>>
>>79758855
Seagal was trained by a dead polish guy? Fucking hardcore
>>
>>79758881
missed the meta
>>
>>79759003
The hurt locker is not good.
>>
>>79759003
The Hurt Locker is trash.
>>
>>79759066
>Polish
>>
>It's, like, if you took every cliche about a war movie, but only the cliches that people hate.
That's because he made a bunch of shit up.
>>
>>79759003
>loved his wife but was more concerned about serving his country
The most sugarcoated way of describing the adrenaline junkie MC in the Hurt Locker
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.