[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>This trend of group discussion of the meaning of a film is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: welles.jpg (18KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
welles.jpg
18KB, 214x317px
>This trend of group discussion of the meaning of a film is absolutely preposterous and betrays the entire idea of cinema. Meaning is something that can only be determined on an interpersonal level; How can symbolism hold meaning if it is not filtered through one's own eyes?
Was he right?
>>
>>79758018
Yep. Spot on
>>
>>79758018
>on an interpersonal level
isn't that what group discussion means
>>
Orson Welles on Jean-Luc Godard:

>“His gifts as a director are enormous. I just can’t take him very seriously as a thinker — and that’s where we seem to differ, because he does. His message is what he cares about these days, and, like most movie messages, it could be written on the head of a pin.”
>>
>>79759253
Google doesn't come up with anything for this quote. Try "intrapersonal" next time OP.
>>
>ohhhhh the french

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>79759831
>I'll go down on you.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>79759831
>Action please Orson
>Maaaahhhaaaaaa the french are
>>
File: Unicron.jpg (14KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Unicron.jpg
14KB, 300x168px
>>79758018
>The right meaning is the one I'm giving you
>>
File: mwaaaa the decepticons.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mwaaaa the decepticons.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>79760343
>Orson Welles was in declining health during production. Shortly before he died, he told his biographer, Barbara Leaming, that he had spent the day "playing a toy" in a movie about toys who "do horrible things to each other." Film historian Joseph McBride quotes Welles saying of his participation: "I play a planet. I menace somebody called Something-or-other. Then I'm destroyed."Welles' voice was apparently so weak by the time he made his recording that technicians needed to run it through a synthesizer to salvage it. The voicework for Transformers: The Movie was the last movie project he worked on, as 5 days after his final dubbing session, Welles died of a heart attack.
>>
File: 1484725428757.jpg (30KB, 317x478px) Image search: [Google]
1484725428757.jpg
30KB, 317x478px
>I think modern art's almost total preoccupation with subjectivism has led to anarchy and sterility in the arts. The notion that reality exists only in the artist's mind, and that the thing which simpler souls had for so long believed to be reality is only an illusion, was initially an invigorating force, but it eventually led to a lot of highly original, very personal and extremely uninteresting work.

Was he right?
>>
>>79760673
That transformers movie is still better than any of the live action ones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koQY7s9dgn8
>>
>>79760894
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrMbkbTPrPA
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.