[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Craig is a terrible Bond Discuss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Bond brain chart.jpg (207KB, 857x1202px) Image search: [Google]
Bond brain chart.jpg
207KB, 857x1202px
Craig is a terrible Bond

Discuss
>>
The "Dalton is the the GOAT" meme has gone long enough.
>>
>>79748753

Craig is a terrible Bond but he is in the best Bond movie.
>>
>>79748753

Uhh, the best bond isn't even on there...
>>
Connery = Craig > Dalton > Moore = Brosnan > Lazenby
>>
>>79748753
Craig is a terrible bond but was in a good Bond movie, but not the best. Discussed.
>>
>>79748776
Is it still a meme when it's true?
>>
Bond are terrible spy movies.
>>
>>79749167

Moore is the worst
>>
>>79749195
Not totally his fault, he had to ride out some of the more campy films in the franchise. He has some gems though.
>>
>>79748753
Pierce Brosnan will always be Bond in my eyes. Probably because he was Bond when I was growing up.
>>
>>79749331

I'll give you that, he probably has two of the best, but man the campy ones are bad. I'll still watch them and enjoy them, but they're definitely weak.
>>
>>79748753
>james bond
this whole franchise is dull and boring. whoever is in charge found a way to make espionage boring.
>>
Connery>Moore>shit>the rest>turkish doner Bond from the street theater in Efes>Craig
>>
>>79748753

There's nothing to discuss. Craig is a terrible Bond. Sorry I mean the worst bond that has ever appeared in the Bond movie.
>>
File: IMG_7805.jpg (151KB, 638x714px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7805.jpg
151KB, 638x714px
Lazenby ironically was featured in the best film.

Regardless, the "Bond" character shouldn't be the focus of the films. This is why Spectre and Skyfall (albeit to a lesser extent) were so awful.

Fleming's novels weren't about Bond, they were about the adventure. He was the same everywhere he went, and everywhere he went was different. The obsession with Craig's Bond's character is unwarranted, and their status as generic action flicks in a twist of irony is the result of trying to add depth to an Avatar.

Nothing wrong with Craig or any of them really, although Moore always stuck me as the least Spy-like, the problem lies with the filmmakers.
>>
>>79749691
I don't fault the filmmakers for focusing more on Bond as a character, even if their attempts have been hit or miss. It was a necessity.

Back in the day they could get away with Avatar Bond because his franchise was still pretty unique. Now with the market flooded with Bond-like heroes, flying Bond to beautiful vacations to bang beautiful women and kill the bad guy doesn't cut it anymore.

They needed a way to further differentiate Bond, hence added characterization.
>>
>>79749194
Give us an example of a good one.
>>
>>79748753
He may be the worst Bond but he's definitely the best actor
>>
>>79749691
Moore was the one who was closest to acting like an irl spy
>>
>>79749823
>Now with the market flooded with Bond-like heroes
Like who?
>>
>>79750041
Jesus Christ it's Jason Bourne
>>
>>79748753
>Dalton
>better than Craig
>better than SEAN FUCKING CONNERY
Bait
>>
>>79749194
You're kind of right in the sense he doesn't do any literal spying.
>>
>>79750041
Jason Bourne
Jack Reacher
Ethan Hunt

Hell one could even make the argument for the Fast and Furious franchise, especially the last two installments
>>
>>79749872
>literally any mission impossible
>kingsman
>tinker tailor soldier spy
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.