[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: ringsuk.jpg (429KB, 882x1377px) Image search: [Google]
ringsuk.jpg
429KB, 882x1377px
I'd give it a 4/10

The story and plot wasn't too bad but the cgi looked very cheap in scenes (and I mean very cheap such as when the main character was watching the Ring video and the animation for when a ladder fell onto the ground looked like it was made in flash animation. Why they didn't bother with throwing down a real ladder on a white sheet instead of cheap animation I will never know).

I actually am interested in seeing the sequel as I like the idea of how it ended otherwise the pacing to this was off in places and if you are expecting jump scares then forget it because there is only like 2 through the whole thing.
>>
>>79746947
I forgot to add when the girl first appeared out of a TV, it looked like a video game otherwise the close ups for her glitched feet walking on the floor was decent but yeah there was parts where it looked like the cgi wasn't fully finished.

I was annoyed that we didn't see her do pic related's creepy pose.

Pic related wasn't even in the damn movie!
>>
File: rings1.jpg (39KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
rings1.jpg
39KB, 800x450px
>>79746997
>I was annoyed that we didn't see her do pic related's creepy pose.
sorry I meant yes she did this pose for when she first came out of the tv but only for a second and the rest of her screen time was just standing around.
>>
>>79746947
>Muh cgi

Have sex pinhead
>>
File: DeletedScenes.png (1MB, 2114x1016px) Image search: [Google]
DeletedScenes.png
1MB, 2114x1016px
pic related was not even in the movie. Instead of an unknown sending the main character the video, she instead decides to look it up herself after she finds out her bf has watched it and decides to try to "save him" or something along the lines of that.

No idea what this ring symbol on her back was from but this film must have gone through heavy reshoots.
>>
File: DeletedScenes2.png (2MB, 2122x512px) Image search: [Google]
DeletedScenes2.png
2MB, 2122x512px
Just watching the trailer, I am amazed how much was cut out. Yes a clip of this church disintegrating was in the movie but she wasn't standing in it.

Could there be an entire different ending?
>>
>>79746947
There won't be a sequel.
>The story and plot wasn't too bad
How? Nothing is ever explained. What was so special about the blandie bland that Samara chose her to possess? What's Samara's logic behing Samara possessing mortal body when she already had power to kill anyone and do anything. In the Ring 2 it made sense since she possessed Aidan because she wanted Rachel as her mother. Also what happenned to her actual mother?
>>
File: DeletedScene3.png (1MB, 2104x526px) Image search: [Google]
DeletedScene3.png
1MB, 2104x526px
How much did they cut out of this movie?
>>
>>79747228
>Nothing is ever explained.
Are you serious? The priest guy kept the girl locked to protect the world and the main character freeing her just caused the whole world to be affected now.
>>
>>79747299
Doesn't really answer any of my questions. And she had been freed before by Rachel, why wait to be freed for a second time?
>>
>>79747364
>And she had been freed before by Rachel
I never saw the second Ring movie so idk the story but as a standalone, this movie was good storywise. It's the pacing, cgi effects and low budgetness that ruined it
>>
>>79746947

Is the tape scene any different? I liked the original Ringu tape and the remake tape.
>>
>>79747397
She was freed in the first not the second.
>low budgetness
>33 million dollars
>>
>>79747473
There are two versions now. One regular TheRing version and one limited special edition for the main character in this one.
>>
>>79747509
>One regular TheRing version and one limited special edition for the main character in this one.
Based decision. Just a shame wasn't as good as it could have been
>>
>>79747483
>33 million dollars
So what was with all the cheap flash animation graphics?
>>
>>79747720
Really don't know what you are talking about
>>
>>79749381
The movie has a lot of cheap cgi
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.