[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (25KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 500x375px
What went wrong?
>>
The studio fucked him over and gave him a very short deadline

Peter Jackson had no faith in the film, and just churned them out to satisfy the shareholders
>>
first movie was ok
other two were videogame-tier cutscene shitfests
>>
>>79733652
This.

Just compare the behind the scenes of the LotR trilogy and then the Hobbit trilogy. You'll see why.
>>
Fucking everything

The script? Where do you even start? What word to pick

Making a Hobbit adaptation as a follow-up up to LOTR
>>
>>79733630
It's based on a kids' book and is 3 movies instead of at most, two.
>>
>>79733630
300 page children's bedtime story streched into 3 movies that didn't need to be made
>>
>>79733630
It was just a ""movie"" which sole purpose was to milk cash out of the LotR movies, it was complete shit of a series, but even if it was shitter, it would have made the same amount of money.
>>
>studo make hobbit movie, also make 3 movies in 2 years
>wait
>make that three movies
>also there are too many males in this series
>make it a bad ass elf chick who falls in love across races too
>>
Just CGI my shit up

At least LOTR had SOME practical effects
>>
File: peak-of-kino.jpg (2MB, 1400x2100px) Image search: [Google]
peak-of-kino.jpg
2MB, 1400x2100px
Just watch the 3 hr 30 edit of all the films put together. I actually enjoyed it, basically no Alfrid.
>>
>>79733630
the 2nd and 3rd films.

the first hobbit is fine. pretty good actually.
>>
>>79734091
No it wasn't. Fuck you and your rabbits.
>>
>people don't know Jackson bought and Audit against new line cinema over pay disputes relating to the first LOTR movies
>Del Toro was bought on because of this
>shit happened

It is literally, literally all New Lines fault. Blame hacks, blame del taco all you want. New Line botched this from LOTR and not paying what is owed, in the contracts they fucking created.
>>
>>79733630
they were made
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.