[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This show is so far up its own ass. Style over substance.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 5

File: 30-legion-6.w529.h352.jpg (51KB, 529x352px) Image search: [Google]
30-legion-6.w529.h352.jpg
51KB, 529x352px
This show is so far up its own ass. Style over substance.
>>
>>79727682
style is substance you fucking pleb.
>>
>>79727735
This
>>
>>79727735
>>79727766
millennials detected
>>
>>79727735
in good hands, yes.
>>
>>79727682
>Style over substance.

Why is it that's the only thing plebs who don't know the first thing about filmaking say?
>>
>>79727682
idk if i agree with you. but i was siting there raging the plot didn't move at all pretty much last episode. i was kinda bored for the 2nd half. i wish they would stop fucking around in these memory's and have the plot move forward. hell they could of done something different this episode cause reasons and then revisited the memory's next ep, would flow better imo.
>>
>>79727682
Its been the best thing on TV this month
>>
I haven't seen the second episode. Does it get worse?
>>
>>79727934
just shows how shit the shows are these days.
>>
>>79727969
Won't argue with that but the visuals are good and the tone of ep 3 was quite spoopy
>>
Is this your first Noah Hawley show?
>>
>>79727682

i don't know what you expected from shitty capeshit
>>
>watching comic book shows
>expects some deep profound drama
>>
>>79727682
I liked it. 3 episodes so far and the quality hasnt dropped
>>
>>79728033
this is better than any of those other shows, like luke cage, supergirl, flash, arrow etc all that shit is way worse than this show. even though i personaly think the last 2 eps were kind of a joke and more filler than anything.
>>
>>79728073
SOOOOOOO boring

it's like the dog ate the script and they hired lindelof at the last minute
>>
File: 1487230705798.gif (800KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1487230705798.gif
800KB, 500x500px
>>79727682

>Style over substance.
>being mentally handicapped in the year 2011+6
>>
>>79728123
i think there just trying to keep as much mystery to whats going on to keep people interested in the show. they cant do any big reveals this early on. but building it up for a long time is just gonna make the reveals more disappointing. But thats just my opinion.
>>
>>79727934
Black Sails and Crashing would like a word with you.
>>
>>79727682
it's better than any Marvel movies.

what makes Marvel movies so insufferable are:
>quips
>set ups (commercials) for next year's Marvel movies
>GI Joe "violence"
>overblown action sequences that rely far too heavily on CGI

While this has dodged a lot of those problems, it does have a lot of the worst aspects of American Horror Story creeping through, like the obligatory dance sequence.
>>
>>79727682
style is a form of substance, and considering how many shows there are with neither style nor substance, do not take shows like this for granted
>>
>>79727796
woman detected
>>
>>79727682
>Style over substance.
You mean filmmaking?
>>
I hate it too when shows have good cinematography.
>>
>>79728356
yea me too. that normaly means the writing is terrible. and thats probably why last ep felt like filler.
>>
>>79728413
walking dead does the same shit

the artsy ones are filler
>>
I love it for that. My favorite show since Hannibal ended.
>>
>>79728413
Not enough epik superhero battles?
>>
What is with /tv/ trying to shill black sails recently? This show is absolute dreck.
>>
>>79728430
walking dead has artsy episodes, let alone artsy ones?
>>
>>79728430
fuck i hate walking dead. 50% of the eps are filler. thinks u can build a world like that and then turn it into drama talk show with 2 eps per season dedicated to some action.
>>
>>79728482
hannibal sucked balls
>>
>>79728497
no not at all. i just think the memory shit is way over played and focused on way to much. just cause i didnt like how they did the last ep doesent mean i want ppl battling with powers thats overly presumptious
>>
>>79728508
The one where the whole episode is Tyreese just him sitting in a room hallucinating dead people talking to him while he dies comes to mind.
>>
Dropped the moment they left the mental facility and people were flying around in that shit "long-shot."

Honestly, should have dropped it as soon as I saw the Marvlel logo.
>>
>>79728603
Oh and of course the "half the episode is told in nonlinear black and white flashbacks" season premiere they had last season.
>>
Its a show about a mentally unstable person with psychic powers. It could go chronologically but that's not why we watch pulp fiction either. We need to piece the puzzle along with MC.
>>
>>79728828
is that why last ep gave u 0 real peices to the puzzle. u learnt nothing new, and if u think u did cause that ladys dead dude is the voice of the place, or the fact shes got a mysteroius past. shits just filler
>>
I like it, quit being faggots
>>
>>79728869

Nigga his brains and emotions are scrambled. Just like urs fag lol
>>
>>79728999
but we already knew that from ep 2. plot barely was nudged last ep. at least come up with a better argument than that. and plz do keep attacking me it makes u seem more reasonable.
>>
>it was all a dream: the tv show
>>
Jesus there's only six episodes this season and one is already FILLER?
>>
>>79729441
2 out of 3 are filler TBQHF
>>
>>79729441
welcome to almost every show now days. westworld did a pretty good job though of keeping away from filler eps.
>>
File: 1363378276573.gif (916KB, 245x285px) Image search: [Google]
1363378276573.gif
916KB, 245x285px
>>79727682
and heeeeeere come the pleeeeeebs
>>
>>79729067

Protip

Its all in his head
>>
>>79729441
IMDb shows 8 not 6
>>
So is Syd real or not? She seems to be able to see all the creepy shit in his memories that the other two can't but she also spoke to other people in this episode and they acknowledged her.

Also is the "Angriest boy in the world" what David did to end up in the looney bin? Killed his mother and burned the house/town down?
>>
>>79730236
>So is Syd real or not? She seems to be able to see all the creepy shit in his memories that the other two can't but she also spoke to other people in this episode and they acknowledged her.
imo she's real but the body swa thing lets her see the spoops

>Also is the "Angriest boy in the world" what David did to end up in the looney bin? Killed his mother and burned the house/town down?
yuuup that's my assumption atm
>>
>>79730236
David could subconsciously be forcing other people to see syd when she's not real.
>>
>le substance
>le deepfag
Read a book nigger. Film is for aesthetics. Every story is basically the same plot anyway. Stories are a spook.
>>
>>79727682
I wish Dan Stevens was up my ass
>>
>muh plot
>muh filler
It's a character study, not an adventure show, plebs.
>>
>>79728179
Nice tricking /TV into giving good recommendations works every time
>>
File: wonafight.jpg (43KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wonafight.jpg
43KB, 1280x720px
Why did the last episode feel like an episode of Hannibal, when it was just Eternal Sunshine of Spotless Mind mixed with Inception?

anyways this is true x-kino
>>
>>79727934
>>79728179
People obviously aren't watching Taboo and Young Pope.
>>
I was saying that since day 1 bitch

>good acting
>good cinematography
>incomprehensible story
= high art
>>
>>79727735
No.

>>79727766
No.

>>79727868
No.

The thing which makes you think stye = substance is that style is giving substance. In the instance you are talking about they are not synonymous. For instance, imagery and visual allegory is explicitly style AND substance.

But when you say Style over Substance it places and empathises on STYLE over SUBSTANCE, not showing substance through style, literally nothing of philosophical value, for the benefit of something which looks nice.
>>
>>79733154
this show beats the young pope imo, it was good but so scattered
>>
>>79727941
Yes. I thought the first episode was interesting but the second seems like filler.
>>
>>79733520
if you liked the mystery and confusion of ep1, then you will like ep2 and 3. if you expect ep2 to answer everything then you will hate the show
>>
>>79733291
You're an idiot
>>
It's a fucking VISUAL MEDIA. What the fuck do you expect?

Plus style = substance
>>
>>79733574
I don't expect every question to be answered, I do expect the plot to be advanced, though. We don't learn anything new about him in episode 2. He's still just doing the whole "whoa, I'm confused" thing and they've just replaced one group of people interogating him with another.
>>
>>79727796
labeling fallacy
>>
>>79733621
Well shit, now I just don't know.

Damn.
>>
>>79733291

You're correct about that. But I believe this show isnt style over substance. Its hard to chew AND to digest, but its very well thought through. I find myself lost in ideas caused by a scene, so I have to rewind to keep up with the story telling. But it's easier when you think of this as an X-men show, except different faction.
>>
>>79727932
>could of
opinion discarded
>>
>>79734474
cares about grammer on a internet board about kinos get over urself.
>>
>>79727682
>>
so whos that creepy blob dude? was legit creeped out by this
>>
I'm glad to see busta-nut & Jean Smart in another N. Hawley show.

Episode 1 > 3 > 2 so far, best thing on right now IMO.

Superstore is decent for a laugh, too bad they can't make the thicc one wear that cop outfit again tho . . .
>>
>>79736016
The Shadow King??
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.