[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the rock is an edgelord?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: therock.jpg (166KB, 1242x607px) Image search: [Google]
therock.jpg
166KB, 1242x607px
the rock is an edgelord?
>>
>>79711627
No. DC has always had the better rogues.
>>
Literally reading whatever shit his assistant made up after a quick wiki on DC Comics
>>
>>79711627

Don't mistake a work for a shoot, brother.
>>
>>79711689
>Avid Tabletop RPG player
>Doesn't know anything about comics
Sure, I guess.
>>
Donald Sutherland in Animal House: So...is what the Rock is trying to tell us is that being bad is more fun than being good?
>>
>>79711706

Think your confusing Vin Diesel and The Rock hombre
>>
>>79711717
Don't they both?

I'm pretty sure I learned about The Rock's gaming history from a friend when he was talking about wrestlers, and to my knowledge, Vin Diesel doesn't wrestle.
>>
>>79711745

I'll have to ask /tg/ my mane
>>
>>79711745

Was the Rock ever a bad guy in the WWE?
>>
File: asuka sees what you did there.jpg (13KB, 278x201px) Image search: [Google]
asuka sees what you did there.jpg
13KB, 278x201px
>>79711712
>>
the Rock is such a bro
>>
>>79711797
Lots of times. He was best as a bad guy.
>>
>>79711861
He's not (at least not to my way of thinking) but at least he's got good spelling.
>>
>>79711627
>The Rock
>Edgy
>Friends with that fatfuck Nick Mundy from ScreenJunkies
>>
>>79711925
I imagine that's just "networking". It's a pathetic practice but he's no worse for engaging in it than anyone else.
>>
>>79711982
Every time Nick Mundy is on ScreenJunkies, he always find way to suck The Rock's dick somehow.
>>
>>79711627
Your definition of edgelord is laughable at best.
>>
>>79711627

>bunch of normie choices punctuated with the character he's going to be playing

Wow gee, he must really love comics, just like how he loves Polynesian culture.

Big bald phoney baloney.
>>
>>79711627
>villains are the real heroes
He's mentally 13
>>
>>79712005
Now I'm absolutely certain it's networking, which doesn't require equal effort or guarantee equal reward for the co-participants.
(I also believe you about Nick Mundy but there's no way I'm going to sit through a session of his prattle.)
>>
>>79712071
He's been involved with the Shazam movie for 10 years. He's probably read a lot of Captain Marvel / Black Adam over the years.
>>
>having a hero
never got this meme desu
>>
>>79711706
it happens. I was an enthusiastic p&p gamer and I'm still shit-ignorant about comics
>>
>>79711706
It's almost like DnD and picture books are two completely different things. I'd sooner expect an RPG enthusiast to read a novel. Y'know, something that could actually help them roleplay better.
>>
>>79711627
>the rock is an edgelord?
the bad guys are ALWAYS the heroes in every film

this isn't even a controversial or "edgy" position. it's literally how movies operate; the villains are generally the protagonists whereas the 'good guy' reacts in relation to the villains actions. granted, this is a bit different with "dark heroes" but the point still stands: villains are transgressive; heroes are reactionary conservatives.
>>
>>79712366
Yeah, I'm not saying anyone who plays TTRPGs is an expert on comics, but I bet you'd at least know who most characters that appeared on the Justice League animated TV series are even now, would probably have heard of The Watcher from Marvel comics, and so on, because this is just the kind of stuff you pick up through Osmosis when you're engaged with that culture.

I DM a long running game myself, and though I never read DC or Marvel, I know most of the bigger names of both franchises, and I'm talking "Green Arrow, Pre-CW show" when I say bigger names.

>>79712414
Again, you don't need to actively involve yourself with comics in order to learn about them when you're going out to play TTRPGs. If you're actively trying to roleplay better, in addition to reading books, you're also likely researching the games you're playing, and there's plently of bleed through between the two sub-cultures, for it to be practically impossible to avoid being exposed to comics.
>>
>>79712414
almost every person I've ever played DnD with has been a very big fan of high fantasy fiction novels because it helps them visualize their surroundings better and get into character. I've only known one person into comics, and we only played for one session. he was the biggest edgelord around and tried to convince the DM to let his crossbow be a pistol for RP purposes, and was aligned chaotic evil even when we were told by the DM that this campaign would be best suited for neutral or good characters. he wasnt invited back
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.