[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will we ever get another movie that comes out of nowhere and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: The_Matrix_Poster.jpg (29KB, 290x401px) Image search: [Google]
The_Matrix_Poster.jpg
29KB, 290x401px
Will we ever get another movie that comes out of nowhere and revolutionizes cinema forever?
>>
I think not but mostly because films don't just "come out of nowhere" anymore. The amount of coverage Hollywood gets these days is crazy.
>>
File: John Wick 2.jpg (363KB, 800x1234px) Image search: [Google]
John Wick 2.jpg
363KB, 800x1234px
>>79686695

It already happened, anon.
>>
>>79686849
Actually that's more because of the Internet then it is about more coverage. Back in the day you would get a trailer and then some tv reports in entertainment channels that you would see only if you caught them on tv. And magazine promotion. With the Internet we know the entire cast of the film months before it's even released
>>
>>79686853
I don't know why this shitty, generic action flick is so popular.
>>
>>79687011
Yes thank you, that's what I meant. My English is bad
>>
>>79687016
Because of its gamechanging second half.

Transcendental action ciné.
>>
>>79686849
>>79687011
yeah that's a good point. nowadays any film coming out with any kind of unique or "revolutionary" quality gets hyped up to hell and back
>>
File: man-of-steel-poster-3.jpg (1MB, 2000x2964px) Image search: [Google]
man-of-steel-poster-3.jpg
1MB, 2000x2964px
>>79686695
Haven't you seen Man of Steel?
>>
File: X-Men-MOVIE-POSTER.jpg (36KB, 365x489px) Image search: [Google]
X-Men-MOVIE-POSTER.jpg
36KB, 365x489px
>>79686695
It happened, it opened the doors for capeshit movies, Marvel flicks, ensemble cast....
>>
>>79687081
Honestly, Superman Returns was better. The plane rescue scene wiped the floor with everything in Man of Steel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbGL6bed5yM
>>
>>79687143
>ONE WHOLE YEAR LATER

Wew lad
>>
>>79687166
Radar doesn't detect human beings.
>>
>>79687049
Which lead to CGI in the second film instead of live action, and all that has done is give us shitty shakey cam for years now.

Empty voids of a film where entire cities are upended and smashed, and instead of going WOW you sit there bored.
>>
>>79687309
That small? Remember he is opaque to all wavelengths.
>>
>>79686853
>>79687081
>>79687143
There is nothing in those pictures that made the down-credit Hollywood crowd go running out of the theater and call all their union reps and demand to know why they weren't included in those projects, and by the way, how in the holy hell did they even do that bullet time thing, and the liquid glass, no not Neo, the helicopter building crash shot and if I don;t get a job on the next Wakowski thing I'm filing a greivance and camping on your fucking lawn in BH until you have to either get me hired or thrown in jail, because just fuck. Fuck!

That's what OP meant.

>>79686695
We were lucky to see it happen once. For all the shit I'd love to recount about him as the devil's own as human being, we really owe Silver for this more than the Waks. He caught them and corralled them at the exact moment they had to be exploited. Not a month to late or too soon. Fucker tamed the whirlwind for that one.
>>
>>79688434

John Wick 2 made me feel that way. For the first time in years, I left the theater with a feeling of awe. Best fight action scenes in cinema since The Matrix, hands down. Add to that the masterful build-up, the mesmerizing and high-concept cinematography of the second half and the fact that Kino Reeves just revived his career out of the blue and re-installed himself as one of big Hollywood's action stars and box-office grabbers.

I can guarantee you many people in the industry left the theater thinking the same thing. And it all came out of left field, no one in Hollywood was paying attention to this original-mythology franchise that Keanu was brewing. They literally did it out of nothing: they made a movie just for the stunts, a movie that barely has characters, made just style, plot and action... and yet it's strangely close to a masterpiece.

A lot of the gamechanging aspects of The Matrix came from the same paradigm.

It's no wonder the exact same guys who did the Matrix's stunts are the main creative force behind John Wick.
>>
>>79686695
Yes there is, his name is John Wick
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.