[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this kino or overrated pretentious garbage?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (11KB, 188x268px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11KB, 188x268px
Is this kino or overrated pretentious garbage?
>>
I haven't seen The Master, The Prestige, or The Illusionist.

Which best?
>>
File: hotheads vs baneposters.webm (3MB, 800x432px) Image search: [Google]
hotheads vs baneposters.webm
3MB, 800x432px
>>79674979
The Master

The Prestige is decent

never seen The Illusionist
>>
Boring as hell but I saw it 3 times for some reason.
>>
indulgent garbage. This movie turned me off PTA
>>
>>79674161
It's kind of average at first but it sticks with you until you watch it again and realise how good it is.
>>
>>79674979
They have nothing in common
>>
>>79674979
The Master by far
>>
There Will be Blood
>>
>>79675300
The illusionist and the prestige have nothing in common? Uhh
>>
>>79674979
That's some funny shit right there. Respect.
>>
>>79674979
The Cobbler or The Greasy Steangler
>>
Hottest pile
>>
boring movie but the joaquin phoenix character is basically the average /tv/ poster
>>
>>79675300
The illusionist and the prestige are literally the same movie
>>
>>79674161
The Church of Scientology had Hoffman killed
>>
it's kino. notice none of the redditors in the thread have actually talked about the movie
>>
>>79674161
der latter
>>
>>79674161
One of the best films of '10s

go watch it
>>
I remember being very engaged by the first half of it but kind of losing track in the 2nd.

I didn't get the ending at all. I feel like I need to rewatch it.
>>
The movie is about what we let control us. Whether it's a woman, a social precept, or an ideological doctrine, we all end up controlled by something. And to a certain extent, we need it that way; Joaquin's character ends up alone with no friends, no real lasting identity, and a constant need to numb himself. All because of his unwillingness to cede control of any part of his life.
>>
>>79674161
kino, no doubt about it
>>
>>79678638
Literally the same here
>>
>>79675186
His next movie was better
>>
Best movie of the decade, anyone saying it's bad it's a bottom of the barrel plebelord, no matter how many fancy words he uses
>>
>>79678667

Literally this, the Master is about the power we give to others and the high price of freedom.

Top tier kino, Inherent Vice was great too. Will PTA break his streak of +8/10 movies with the new one?
>>
Great acting but I felt it needs a director's cut to make more sense.

Still 9/10. Inherent Vice was also great. PTA is on loose.
>>
>>79674161
one of the only films ive ever seen that was more boring than my dinner with andre
>>
>>79674161
Good performances, universal theme, good cinematography. Anyone who says this movie isn't at least an 8/10 is a contrarian fuck.
>>
>>79678911
Nope, he got Daniel Day Lewis on his side
>>
The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.
>>
>>79674161
It's kino, thematically it's like A Clockwork Orange minus the parts for the ADHD audience and with more power dynamics
>>
>>79679238
holy fuck pleb
>>
great movie. genuinely engaging, interesting story, great acting, fantastic cinematography, oh ya it's definitely kino
>>
>>79678638
I agree with this about the first and second half, though the end was simple.
>>
>>79674161
>overrated pretentious garbage
It really is. /tv/ and most self-professed cinephiles drool over it, which should be evidence enough.
>>
I honestly think that The Master is PTA's best film so far followed by Boogie Nights then TWBB then Inherent Vice then the rest.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.