[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dune remake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/arrival-director-denis-villeneuve-confirmed-for-dune-remake-a7557141.html

I haven't heard your thoughts on this.
>>
>>79667749
i'm just going to get ahead of this inevitability for a second

villeneuve is a very good director

that fact that reddit also likes him does not make him a bad director

he's not a modern day kubrick or anything, but he's very very good

so we should all be excited for this
>>
Dune is bland af.
>>
>>79667780
this 2bh

>muh dishonest cinema
>>
I think they should leave Dune alone, people have had their chance with it. I wish they'd stop disrespecting it further. There's countless other sci-fi books to make films from.

Tbh I'm surprised no one's jumped on The Culture, that's a multi-million dollar franchise waiting to happen.
>>
File: 51i89MO2bLL.jpg (46KB, 305x500px) Image search: [Google]
51i89MO2bLL.jpg
46KB, 305x500px
Denis Villenue's 2061 and 3001 movie adaptations when?
>>
>>79667780
He is at least better than that meme trash hack Nolan.
>>
>>79667780
That's basically my take on it as well.
>>
>>79667780
he really isn't, but thanks for the update. Try being less insecure next time, reddit
>>
Blade Runner looks like it will be a really good indicator of Dune's quality, based on the bright orange desert they are going with.
>>79667799
>>79667829
are right though, it should be left alone. It was a 60s science fiction book that was very relevant in the 80s. Modern Dune is just going to be really awkward.
>>
>>79667749

>muslim propaganda

as time goes on this shit is going to be less and less acceptable here, this shit is going to fail.
>>
File: 1481592116753.png (832KB, 925x842px) Image search: [Google]
1481592116753.png
832KB, 925x842px
>>79667845
Why's that?
>>
>>79667780
I agree and the same can be said for several working directors.

Sincerity isn't something often shown on /tv/.
>>
>>79667829
>implying the culture series as films wouldn't get shitposted to hell and back because of its poltical climate
>>
>>79667960
But is it good?
A "neverending" series that has been written from 1987 to 2012 is a pretty big red flag to me.
>>
>>79668021
It's not literature but it's entertaining and interesting. I also met Ian Banks at a book signing a few months before he died, a very nice man. Which is rare when it comes to sci-fi/fantasy writers. We actually talked about books like Dune and Hyperion, he loves them all.
>>
File: file3.jpg (175KB, 857x1202px) Image search: [Google]
file3.jpg
175KB, 857x1202px
>dishonest hack
No thanks
>>
>>79667749
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZhAIvpd3iw
>>
>>79667780
Should we really be excited about another remake? He's a fine director but come on, all Hollywood is churning out nowadays are sequels and remakes. Just unoriginal and trite, fuck Hollywood.
>>
Some teenage twink as paul, Elle fanning as princess irulan, and half the GotT cast recycled for the other roles
>>
>>79667780
>redditspacing
For what purpose?
>>
>>79668298
we should be excited about a good filmmaker doing an adaptation of a great novel

it's a remake in the same way peter jackson's LotR was a remake of the animated movie from the 80s or some shit
>>
>>79668307
>Elle fanning as princess irulan
FREMENED
>>
>>79667780
Villeneuve has aesthetic sensibility, but this does not mean he's a very good director.

What he has in aesthetic sensibility he totally lacks in thematic sensibility. He just can't make the ideas in his films cohere.

All that being said, I guess I'm still excited because it might be cool having a movie where the director can capture a grand sci-fi aesthetic.
>>
>>79667749
I'm excited, Villeneuve is a great director and as we saw with Arrival he can do smart scifi that plays with time pretty well. The Dune series could be a fantastic franchise, I just hope they nail the unique aesthetic and stay away from Brian's stuff (but with Brian already being vocal about the project im a little worried about that).
>>
>>79667780
fuck off reddit, don't tell me what to think
>>
File: clint tipping.gif (818KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
clint tipping.gif
818KB, 500x359px
>>79667749
So the most consistently-good director working today is tasked with the hardest fantasy sci-fi remake/boot/adaptation of all time?
A feat that not even Lynch could accomplish?

2 words:
hella fucking epic
>>
>>79669578
Dune really wouldn't be that hard to adapt creativity wise. Lynch was just a very strange pick because his kind of creativity is so alien it managed to alienate a sci-fi crowd. Jodorowsky was the same judging by reactions to it.

All it takes is some like Lucas or Spielburg to give it the right amount of odd but with enough blandness to make it watchable by 90% of people.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.