[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck did I just watch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: film-poster_elle.jpg (13KB, 215x290px) Image search: [Google]
film-poster_elle.jpg
13KB, 215x290px
What the fuck did I just watch?
>>
>>79662200
The post successful screen? Am just guessing here, since is the last thing you see before you see your post, right?
>>
>>79662200
Rapekino

I honestly can't even decide how I feel about the movie outside of the fact that Huppert was great and deserves an Oscar. The movie made me really uncomfortable which I guess was intentional.
>>
kino boners
>>
Celebratory film about perversions
>>
File: Neon_demon_Elle_lastthird.jpg (326KB, 1200x801px) Image search: [Google]
Neon_demon_Elle_lastthird.jpg
326KB, 1200x801px
>>79662200
The WRONG Elle.
Nice triple-dubs though!
>>
>>79662200
just the best movie of the year
>>
Probably the best movie of 2016 desu.

I didn't expect it to be so fucking funny.
>>
File: elle 2016.png (769KB, 1363x607px) Image search: [Google]
elle 2016.png
769KB, 1363x607px
Favorite part of the movie.
>>
>>79664397
also according to the Cahiers du Cinéma,
which btw. deemed >>79663214 the third-best movie of the year. I'm strongly inclined to agree in both cases.
>>
>>79662200
A great film.
>>
File: 6457.gif (2MB, 236x224px) Image search: [Google]
6457.gif
2MB, 236x224px
>not nominated for Best Foreign Language Film
>>
>>79664583
>"Women enjoy being raped: The Kino"
>nominated at that SJW fest
>>
>>79664646

You didn't understand this film at all
>>
>>79664526
how the fuck is her son so dumb?
>>
>>79664472
I laughed so fucking hard when she just blurts out "I guess I got raped" in the dinner
>>
>>79664526
AHahaha, this was fucking hilarious. Goddamn brilliant in every way. So goddamn funny

>>79664729
It wasn't about "being dumb", the son had a cuckolding fetish and was very liberal lmao.

Everyone had fetish in the film.
>>
>>79664724
I don't think you did.
>>
Verhoeven really DID THAT.
>unreadable, but likeable protagonist
>shitting on the religious
>unflinching violence
>heartfelt

Huppert knocked it out of the park and Emma Stone winning over her will be just as ridiculous as Jennifer Lawrence over Emanuelle Riva
>>
>>79664729
He knew it wasn't his m8. It's France in 2016. If you're not letting your GF fuck a big strong black bull you're a racist nazi.
>>
>>79664799

These posts are starting to get really boring
>>
>>79664819
Huppert in Elle had my favorite performance of the year, out of anything I watched.
>>
>>79664757
That part is golden, especially when the celebratory cake and waiters get shooed away seconds later
>>
File: Film Screenshot -_00480.png (3MB, 1920x1058px) Image search: [Google]
Film Screenshot -_00480.png
3MB, 1920x1058px
A child's crayon rendering of the dimension, unsentimentality, ambiguity and understated perfection of The Piano Teacher.

The only positive is introducing Isabelle Huppert to a more mainstream foreign audience.
>>
>>79664893
The way she could deliver the line with the utmost nonchalant way possible and all of her body language = 10/10.

I also think she "murders" Patrick in the sense that she knew her son would be home soon or had something else sick involving a 3-way in mind.

>>
>>79664970
The Piano Teacher is shockjock garbage from Haneke, even if Huppert's performance is probably one of the best in all of cinema. Haneke can and has done much, much better anon.
>>
>>79664989
I just thought the whole way she took the rape was extremely refreshing. She wasn't some typical broken woman crying about it, but she wasn't some edgy "kill all men" shit either. She decided to take it in her own hands and deal with it. I'm glad Verhoeven is back making movies with critical acclaim
>>
>>79665136
>She decided to take it in her own hands and deal with it
She liked it and she knew it and audience knows it as we later see her getting "raped" twice more.
>>
>>79664970
Hmmm... considering that the movie adaptation of "The Piano Teacher" didn't impact me HALF as much as the novel it was based on (and I actually watched the movie before reading the novel, so it wasn't just about high hopes), I guess I might deem "Elle" rather forgettable... still gonna give it a try though.
>>
>>79665301
Elle is objectively a better film than The Piano Teacher
>>
>>79665326
As I said: I'm gonna give it a try.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.