[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RIP, 2001-2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

How will we recover?
>>
anonymous message boards have been a dead concept for years.
>>
>>79649104
fuck you
>>
>>79649184
not my fault that they died. Blame iphones

Instant and easy internet access to normies caused IRL to flood into the internet and killed the concept of community and anonymity.
>>
>>79649079
IMDB message boards used to be at a level of greatness that /tv/ could never live up to ... but all the underage faggots here were too young for those days
>>
>>79649079
The IMDB message boards were one of my favorite places in the internet. Reading the topics and discussions about the movies were sometimes even more interesting than the movie itself, lots of different opinions, theories about the plot, explanations, topics pointing out small details that most viewers probably missed.

IMDB committed a gigantic mistake.
>>
>all websites are getting shitty minimalist mobile design made for 5 inches screens
>forums are all dead
>IMDB message boards gone forever
>capeshit dominates the movie industry now
>youtube replaced the TV
>no singles policy

All good things come to an end.
>>
>>79649213
to be fair, the concept of community and anonymity was already dead, killed by people who thought there was a concept of community and anonymity.
>>
>>79649213
There is nothing easily accessible about 4chan, you'd probably have to lurk all day to find some decent cp
>>
>>79649224
>>79649250
You are 16-22.

When you thought the imdb boards were great, the rest of the internet was calling them the worst things ever to happen and using them as proof humanity wasn't ready for the internet.
>>
File: 1487612561133.jpg (48KB, 449x600px) Image search: [Google]
1487612561133.jpg
48KB, 449x600px
>>79649504
>You are 16-22.

I'm 24, my good sir.
>>
>>79649562
I like it when after I cut people a break by low-balling an age estimate, they make sure to indicate they're not only old, but really stupid too.
>>
>>79649639
>"heh...another interlocutor demolished by my supreme intelect...nothing personal, kiddo..."

Go fuck a cactus, retard. You made no actual point.
>>
>>79649639
I agree
>>
>>79649504
I'm 27, nice try faggot. You prove you are too young to remember good IMDB.
>>
>>79649504
>rest of the internet
you mean sjws
>>
>>79649079
>>79649250
>watch film
>go on IMDb forum for that film to see what people are saying, or if anyone noticed the same thing as you, or had the same questions...
Fuck you too, IMDb. For a replacement, I've had good luck with themoviedb.org . They have a DB of films and each one has a forum. The alternative is moviechat.org . They have actually imported many old IMDb threads, but have no DB to back it up. I'm rooting for the former, but I'll go where the people do.
>>
The only times I had a decent discussion on imdb was on films either made before 1980 or ones with less than 25k votes
>>
>>79649938
Another 27 here. I used IMDB very often, even reading the boards about movies before viewing them.
>>
>>79650182
Never cared about having a discussion on imdb, never even made an account. Reading other people's thoughts right after watching a movie was just a comfy thing to do. That's what I'll miss, it was quite relaxing and usually informative.
>>
File: ycMva3g.gif (979KB, 259x218px) Image search: [Google]
ycMva3g.gif
979KB, 259x218px
>>79649408
>Youtube replaced the TV

This one's actually great though
>>
>>79649213
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>79649079
Fuck. Now where else will I shill my redbubble shirts?
>>
>>79649224
>>79649250
Makes me feel weird that I never used them (other than to laugh at Brendan Fraiser's #1 fan).
>>
>>79650027
>themoviedb.org
Just checked it. Many movies have no discussions going and Interstellar has 4 open threads. Not promising at all. The other one looks like a better candidate.
>>
>>79653248
>The other one looks like a better candidate.
Based on what criteria, exactly? moviechat.org screenshot shows no threads created recently. Those present are imported from IMDb with zero recent activity. themoviedb.org otoh, has four new threads created in the last week with 14 replies between them, the latest reply three hours ago. Not a landslide, but it's a start, and infinitely better than the wasteland that is moviechat.org.
>>
>>79653404
I dunno, I just think that when people will migrate they will go to the place that looks more like home.
>>
>>79653517
I never got in to the general boards other than horror, but if that's what you're after, check out http://imdb2.freeforums.net/ too.
>>
>>79650392
This.

It became a ritual of mine to go onto the imdb boards after watching a movie/TV show. It was especially useful for older obscure stuff that you really can't discuss anywhere else.
>>
>>79653648
I'm that 11 year old account poster. I didn't even know there were general forums.
>>
>>79653988
>It was especially useful for older obscure stuff that you really can't discuss anywhere else.
That was the best, it was almost completely free from shitposting and trolling since the boards were separated and no trolls would bother finding a board for some obscure movie that gets extremely low board activity to troll on, so most posts were made by people who genuinely cared about discussing it.
>>
>>79654018
>I'm that 11 year old account poster.
Which one?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.