[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does HBO upload almost the entire episodes onto YouTube?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: last-week-tonight.jpg (212KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
last-week-tonight.jpg
212KB, 670x377px
Why does HBO upload almost the entire episodes onto YouTube? Wouldn't you think they'd just upload clips so that you'd want to subscribe and get the whole thing?
>>
They learned ffrom GoT that people will just pirate it.
>>
because they want as many people as possible to see sophisticated British man make fun of Drumpf
>>
>>79645984
Literally nobody has ever subbed for John Oliver and they know that. His show is not meant to make money for Time Warner, it's meant to be a mouthpiece for their political views.
>>
I dunno but I'm glad. I like watching his show.

The first episode of the new season was pretty funny

>we have a president capable of standing in the rain and telling us it was a sunny day
>>
>>79646228
I'm by no means a liberal, I'm more of a conservative minarchist, but I don't hate John Oliver. I think he's funny, even if he's wrong about many things. He's way better than Trevor Noah or Samantha "Keep Those Niggers Away From My Kids" Bee. I just subscribed to HBO. I might give his latest episode a shot.
>>
>>79645984
You can't brainwash people with subscription based viewers.
>>
>>79646295
>even if he's wrong

He plays a news clip then makes fun of it. Hard to be wrong in that situation. People do/say a lot of retarded shit. Especially in politics and in the news.
>>
>>79646295
Yeah, I don't share many of his views, but he sure is funny.

The way he scats insults is hilarious!
>>
>>79646342
>the media is brainwashing us!

Oh people are getting brainwashed, but not by the media. The Media is actually incredibly inept at telling people what to think.
>>
>>79646295

Nice blog post faggot
>>
>>79646295
A lot of his jokes are just comparing politics or a current event to a sex move or other gross out humor.
>Donald Trump being elected is like inserting carrots into your asshole. It's just weird!
>>
File: seth meyers.jpg (95KB, 1200x675px)
seth meyers.jpg
95KB, 1200x675px
>>79646454
Yeah, not every joke lands. I just think there's more actual humor on his show than any of the other late night propagandists. I think his delivery is better than any of the others too. Especially Seth Meyers. I hate that guy.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.