[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>that seamless transition from the Last Supper flashback to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (445KB, 1191x497px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
445KB, 1191x497px
>that seamless transition from the Last Supper flashback to the empty tomb

Bravo Mel. Anyone with eyes can see this film for the work of art it is.
>>
>>79644532
>implying the nails went through his hands
In Roman times the wrist was considered to be part of the hand
If they put nails in the victims actual hands, the nails would slip out during the crucifixion, whereas the wrist has a little slot between the bone which would fit perfectly
>>
It's a love letter to the devotional art of the Renaissance in a lot of ways.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1282x1288px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1282x1288px
>>79645175
A very obvious example but easily my favorite. The artistic direction of this movie is underrated. It's a movie with both substance AND style, really.
>>
>>79644785
Mel knew this, he did it on purpose because it's a common depiction.
>>
>>79644785
They may have tied his wrists and nailed his hands
>>
>>79645806
>hey, lets restrain these guys we're sentencing to death to the crosses twice because we want to conform to how people will depict crucifixions a thousand years after we're all dead

The romans were all over anatomy and came up with crucifixion because it fucking worked. If people could just be cut down from the crosses and walk off with only minor hand injuries, the punishment would have zero impact.
>>
>>79645928
>n the 1930s, a French physician named Pierre Barbet conducted a number of medical experiments regarding the crucifixion of Christ. One of his observations was that nails driven through the palms of Jesus would not have supported the weight of his body on the cross. Barbet theorized that, instead, the nails were driven into a hollow spot (biologists call it "Destot's space") among the bones in the heel of the hand at the top of the wrist.

>Some commentators challenged that conclusion. They pointed out that Roman execution techniques also included tying the wrists to the crossbar by ropes and that the nails through the palms were meant not to support the weight but simply to increase the pain.

>In the 1990s, research by Dr. Frederick Zugibe of Columbia University came to a different conclusion. He theorized that the nails could have been driven into the palms at an angle, exiting at the wrists. This, he said, would have supported the body's weight and would be consistent with the location where most of the stigmatics had displayed their wounds and with how artists had depicted the Crucifixion throughout the centuries.
>>
>>79644532
The Passion, Apocalytpo and Hacksaw Ridge are all some of the most authentic, gritty, cinematically beautiful movies ever made.

>The Beaver
>>
File: 1484045757119.jpg (45KB, 720x374px) Image search: [Google]
1484045757119.jpg
45KB, 720x374px
>>79644785
>>79645969

>"s-shut up!" they explained "Christians are ALWAYS wrong, we gotta try to discredit EVERYTHING they say! No matter how trivial it may be!
>"You're questioning Islam?! HOW DARE YOU YOU RACIST! They are a religion of PEACE!"
>>
>>79645969
Hey niggers
His feet were also nailed
>>
>>79644785
This. It's practically common knowledge. Mel fucked up. His autistic fanboys ITT on full damage control are absolute cringe.
>>
>>79646174
Your post is 100% retarded, I was just saying that the nails were probably in the wrist, which doesn't go against scripture because in Roman times the wrist was considered to also be the hand
I am happen to be a Christian and have all my faith on Jesus Christ for my salvation, whereas you're probably just being anti-atheist because that the fedora meme
>>
>>79646315
I also* happen
>>
>>79646235
And?
>>
>>79645969
>He theorized that the nails could have been driven into the palms at an angle

>hey guys, lets make this ten times harder to coincide with how people who never actually saw a crucifixion will depict crucifixion a thousand years after we're all dead

Half the reason the roman empire was successful was because they didn't fuck around.
>>
>>79644785
>>79645969
>>79646235
his feet were on a platform so nail in palm or wrist is completely irrelevant
>>
>>79646497
>dude if you bend your legs a bit you can pull your hands free and fall down.
>>
>arguing about crucifixion methods rather than discussing the film

Never change /tv/
>>
>>79646808
I'm gonna crucify your mum.
>>
>>79646808
>passion of the christ
>a film

>>
>>79646405
Right?

The Romans killed like 300 people on that day, they didn't give a fuck about some rabble rousing shmuck even if he was the leader.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.