[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you have done in his situation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

What would you have done in his situation?
>>
>>79633917

>green shoes

The fuck?
>>
offered up my beautiful sister to them in exchange for my freedom
>>
>>79633917
w2c green shoes (groes)?
>>
>>79633917

Start kicking her in the face over and over until she stops breathing.
>>
call cia
>>
Kill the guy before taking off with his hot wife and daughter
>>
bumping because this was a damn good movie
>>
Hold jake down and rape him infront of the women then force them to suck his poop off my dick.
>>
>>79633917
i have a semi-auto pistol in the car

pop pop pop

pop pop pop pop pop

drive off
>>
>>79636970
This is the only option.

Jake's character was outnumbered. Aaron's actor is pretty built so maybe he could fight him, but not the other 2 guys. Even if Jake's character surprise attacked 1 of them with the tire iron, I doubt he could get another. A gun is the only way to have those guys back off.

Seriously, this is West Texas. I've driven across country for work and there are places you DO NOT want to travel alone at night. Especially if you have an attractive wife and teenage daughter.
>>
>>79637117
I grew up in West Texas, this is complete bullshit
>>
>>79633917
Never have I hated a movie so much for the first 20 minutes to love it more and more through to the end. Michael Shannon saved it for me.

To answer your question, I would never have driven through West Texas at night without several loaded guns. The moment they rammed into me, I'd start firing. They'd almost certainly drive off after that. If they ran me off the road with my family inside, I'd kill them.
>>
Pop out my cell phone & call the police.
>>
>>79637136
If you're a guy traveling by yourself, traveling on desolate highways in the middle of night is an acceptable risk to take. You don't do it when you have a wife and daughter. There's a fuckton of cold cases and true crime stuff I've read over the years; that shit can make anyone paranoid.

>>79637141
The only good parts was the novel within the film. Jake's character was too much of a pussy when he went for revenge. Should've been more cold-blooded.
>>
>>79637200
That's gonna take a while in the middle of nowhere. I do wonder what in-universe reason that highway cop didn't stop when he saw them yelling and waving? That was also the worst mistake on the family's part because that's when shit got real.
>>
>>79637136
I am West Texas and his post was 100% correct.
>>
Well you're already pretty fuck't but here are some basics i've read from a pretty decent post on some mma

>Prevention
i'll keep this short since we're assuming you're already in the situation. Don't start honking on rednecks in the middle of fucking nowhere, don't flip them off, if you can tell they're being aggresive like in the movie speed the fuck up all you can and try to get away. Let them pass you and try to do an uturn

but Okay, you're stuck in the trench with a flat tire

>Communicaton
be straight forward when you communicate. Friendly, but firm, of course not so you escalate the situation , but show that you don't take any bullshit. They point out your flat tire? Fine, we'll stay in the car and fix it ourselves later, but thanks for offering. Try and expose their intent as quickly as possible.

>Mindset, realising the danger is real

This is probably the hardest. The movie very realistically shows how the gyllenhaal guy keeps hoping it will just sort it self out, that they drive off or that everything will just be okay in the end. At one point you just have to realise that "okay this shit is real it's about to go down" i'll have to defend myself and my loved ones.

CONT
>>
>>79633917
What happened to the rape scene? Was my version edited?
>>
>>79637224
>Jake's character was too much of a pussy when he went for revenge
wow, almost like that was the fucking point
>>
>>79637293
Some mma forum i meant*

>Taking action
Here it can be really important to get the first blow. If i were the main characters i'd try to inform the girls that "listen we have to fight, bite, scratch do whatever you can, or we will end up in a real bad place". It's of course unlikely that you will be able to tell the girls this (either because the rednecks can hear you or that you still hope that the situation will deescalate). Anyway as soon as you get hit or the guys get physical in any way (like holding you or your daughter, that should obviously be a huge red flag) you just have to fuckng go for it. The rednecks are half drunk, plucking your feathers and having fun with you, so if you go complete survival mode you'll probably get the adrenalin adventage.

Fucking kick the first guy as hard as you can in the balls, try to grab a weapon of any kind (a stone being the most likely here i suppose). Pray to god that the girls follows you lead and at least distracts one of the guy OR run away and hide in the desert dark (it's your duty as a man to sacrifice yourself).

>Conclusion; you're fuck't

it's 3 half - criminal rednecks that has probably seen and done some shit and been fighting since they were children. The fight is essential 3 vs 1. Fight back as much as you can (after the situation is escelated), act crazy, scream , yell, be angry it might even make them realise you're not worth the trouble (unlikely ). But for the love of god; go down with a fight.
>>
>>79637293
>Prevention
The daughter was a fucking dumbass for giving them the finger. The whole scene was just a recipe for disaster. If none of the shit on the road happened, it's possible the family wouldn't be caught.

>Communication
This is the hardest to pull off. If I were the dad, I would've nonchalantly mention that my relatives and friends know where I'm traveling and that they'll expect us the next day. It's a gamble, but they might think twice about the possibility of the authorities looking for missing people.

Like you said, being firm and friendly while communicating is key, but also keep your guard up. Make sure you don't turn your back on them in case they try to ambush you. I'd also zero in on the most likely guy I can bite his throat open. That kind of brutality would shock anyone and I'd be waving a tire iron like a madman in case the others try to take me on. I'll tell my wife and daughter to take their car and go for help while I hold them off. I'll die, but at least I know they'll be safe.

>Mindset, realising the danger is real
At this point, you're only real hope is to kill 1 or 2 as quick as you can. Act normal and have them underestimate you until BAM!, they get hit in the head or neck with something hard. But even this is gonna be difficult as fuck.

Realistically, the moment that you've got a flat and there's 3 guys in another car, you're really shit out of options. You can call the cops, but it's gonna take a while for them to come. If you're smart, you give a description of the 3 guys quickly, the make and model of their car, and the license plate # just in case.
>>
>>79637136
>>79637283

lol fuck this anecdotal evidence. Of course it's not likely that this shit will happen, but there's plenty of eerily similar situations from the real world. Just last year (or was it 2015?) a girl and her fiance was stopped on the road, the fiance was shot infront of her and she was kidnapped and raped for like 7 months.
>>
>>79637514
It makes you wonder if the 3 rednecks were already planning to target them or did the blown tire present a golden opportunity?

>like holding you or your daughter
THIS

Once physical contact is done, all bets are off.
>>
Best to just go sick dog crazy on at least one guy.

Pop an eye out, they'll fuck their head up nice enough.
>>
>>79637731
Pretty much. This is what prison survival says. Target the strongest or most dangerous guy with ferocious brutality. If you're too much trouble, most people will leave you alone.

The fact that those guys didn't pull out guns in the beginning mean that you don't have to worry about being shot. So that makes your job a little easier, but you have to seriously go apeshit.
>>
>going around Texas (minus Austin) with no gun
>the rapists also had no guns

Seriously? I couldn't believe it. This story had to be fiction with that garbage ass premise.

In Texas, EVERYONE has a gun.
>>
>>79637117
I was thinking the same thing myself the whole time. A white dude in West Texas who doesn't CC? Kind of weird in my opinion.
>>
>>79637293
>the Gyllenhaal guy keeps hoping it will just sort itself out
This one hit closest to home for me
>>
File: 1487139262466.jpg (17KB, 509x446px) Image search: [Google]
1487139262466.jpg
17KB, 509x446px
>>79637514
>it's your duty as a man to sacrifice yourself
lmao
>>
>>79637837
>>79637888
what about cake gyllenhaal randomly shooting himself at the end?

what a terrible ending
>>
>>79638042
It was really uncomfortable watching Jake's character during those tense moments. You know he's fucked but you're just hoping that a miracle like another motorist or something comes to bail his ass.

>>79638110
If there was a risk that my wife and daughter could be raped/murdered, you'd bet I'd sacrifice myself so that they could potentially run away to safety.
>>
>>79638042
just because you think you're gonna act this way, or have you actually been in a terrble situation were you hoped that it will sort it self out? Please share,anon, if you feel like
>>
>>79637293
>>79637514
You have the link to that forum?

>>79637343
I know the character is a pushover, but for fuck's sake, this is when you lose your sanity.
>>
File: woman_pulled_over_bycop.jpg (228KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
woman_pulled_over_bycop.jpg
228KB, 425x282px
>>79638181
Dumbest shit I've ever seen in a Tom Ford movie. I guess they had to kill him off somehow, but unintentional suicide? Really nigga
>>
>>79633917
He should've never stopped anyway.

Also, why didn't the police stop?
>>
>have girls in abandoned shack
>no witnesses
>dad is a useless cuck
>not keeping them as sex slaves instead of killing them
>>
>>79638308
Speeding police cars with sirens blazing don't usually stop for people on the side of the road.
>>
I would not have been retarded enough to stop the car. Stay a good distance behind them while they're driving side by side. As soon as they give you a chance you floor it for a long time and put as much space between you and them as possible.
>>
>>79633917
Why couldn't he drive on the flat tire?
>>
>>79637200
Movie especially established that there was no cell service in that area.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.