[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 46576.jpg (21KB, 220x331px) Image search: [Google]
46576.jpg
21KB, 220x331px
thoughts?
>>
>>79630719

pretty good.but the backstory about the making of this is far more interesting.
>>
Some of the finest animation I've seen in a film
>>
The only musical I like, though I don't like the "plot" since it's basically about Roger Waters being a whiny bitch.
>>
Very good but you have to be in the mood for it. I could see people hating it if they really don't know what to expect
>>
go back to /mu/
stop being a cunt & polluting tv
ignored
>>
it's unwatchable. it's a pastiche of artsy-fartsy cliches strung together. it's an art movie for people who otherwise would never watch art movies. instead of being a movie in its own right, it's just as a sideshow/sidekick to a rock album.

to its credit, alan parker mutes the voices and tells the story from within, pulling you under the psychology of his character. but none of it works. it's just so much hokum and malarky. it's almost embarassing to watch the nightmarish, hypnotic, and apocalyptic rock album reduced to stuffy images of childhood loss, class oppression, and modern alienation. it's bad shit.

that said, the animation sequences are truly outstanding.
>>
there were over 80 hours of film shot for this movie. I'm suprised Roger Waters with his massive ego hasnt released an extended ultra edition and sold it as yet another Wall cash in.
>>
Just like the album itself: A pretentious wankery.
>>
it's a good music video
>>
>>79630719
one of my favourite films.
>>
>>79630719
Is fantastic. Both as art, and as said >>79630755
because of the reasons that led to it.

Also check this guy
http://www.thewallanalysis.com/

Also, of this post >>79630896
Just read the last paragraph, the first two must be a stroke or something.
>>
Great film
>>
>>79630719

>a lot of surreal and random shit represents a person going crazy

Can't stand movies like this. Absolute shit.
>>
>>79630719
Best Pink Floyd Album

>>79630889
>not knowing that the album was released alongside the film
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.