[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 105710275_george_291042c.jpg (31KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
105710275_george_291042c.jpg
31KB, 620x413px
Was he right?
>>
Are you reeeing?
>>
>>79623627
Was Khaleesi ever fined for shitting outside?
>>
>>79623627
Yes. He sold his War of Roses fanfic to the Reptilians and earned more than you ever will.
>>
about what

taxes being interesting?
>>
About Tolkien? Fuck no. I'm glad Tolkien's autism remained pure, unlike GRRM who let his fatass perversions infect all his writings.
>>
>>79623627
No. Playing against fantasy tropes to the point where your own story becomes out of control and almost triples in length is not good writing.

No, Introducing an entire country simply to have one cool bisexual guy get his head smashed in only for Tyrion to fucking get away anyway is retarded. Tyrion is a horrendous presence in the later books and his ghoulish actions are nauseating compared to his rollicking adventure start.

No, George was wrong about failing to contain the story in one tread across Westeros, and instead expanding it to a series of convoluted, culturally nonsensical analogues to Arab culture and ancient Rome.

fucking killer OP though. I sperged out hard
>>
>>79623627
yep, tolkien was a hack
>>
>>79623833
>Introducing an entire country simply to have one cool bisexual guy get his head smashed in only for Tyrion to fucking get away anyway is retarded
>he doesn't know about the Dornish Masterplan
>>
>>79623627
While I understand that he wasn't directly shitting on Tolkien with the tax/genocide statement, and more going for ripoff merchants, the fact that his own economics are childishly simplistic mean that it's still retarded.

Also, claiming Gandalf shouldn't have come back really was utterly retarded and showed that he didn't have a clue about any of the context.
>>
>>79623891
>Gandalf shouldn't have come back

He really shouldn't have though
>>
>>79623884
fuck off, Preston
>>
>>79623971
George, please.
Seeing you not grasp why a scholar of Norse Mythology would bring back a character based on Odin is just heartrending.
>>
>>79623627
yes, hearing about the various kings tax policies really brought this show above the average sword and saucery garbage
>>
>>79624033
I'm not arguing about mythology

purely from story structure it would have been way better if Gandalf had stayed dead. His death was shocking and really made the remains of the fellowship seem fucked. It also added all sorts of new dynamics. It let Aragorn become the de facto leader, it left room for Boromir to fuck with Frodo which led to the Fellowship splitting up, it made Frodo question and ultimately leave the fellowship.

The whole sense of "we're on our own now we don't have our magic bullshit wizard around to save our asses" feeling completely dissolved the second Gandalf came back.

Death was just cheap after that.
>>
>>79624141
I agree with this anon.
>>
>>79624141
>The whole sense of "we're on our own now we don't have our magic bullshit wizard around to save our asses" feeling completely dissolved the second Gandalf came back.
No, it didn't.
Gandalf's presence was always that of counselor and guide, not a warrior. His contributions were aiding the mortals in their struggles, and his use of magic was practically nonexistant.

>Death was just cheap after that.
The literal angel coming back made death cheap?
Guess that's why Faramir and Denethor were so utterly unconcerned about Boromir's death, since they knew they just had to wait for him to waltz back in, maybe bringing Theoden alongside with him.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.