[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone see this yet? Opinions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Has anyone see this yet? Opinions?
>>
Bump for interest. It's been sitting on my hard drive. But now I have to catch up on maymay shows so I don't have time to see it.
>>
>>79623352
well as a horror movie connossaur myself I can say it's not very well movie, 8/10 tops
>>
>>79623352
>>79623819

It's quite bleak and a little disturbing. It is quite an effectively creepy horror film that will stick in your mind for a while after viewing it. The performances are overall quite good and it's nicely shot. Probably a 7/10.
>>
4/10

low budget art shit worth one watch and zero praise
>>
>>79624066
Very harsh in my opinion. Granted, it isn't a huge budget blockbuster that would please fans of James Wan, but I thought it was an effective genre piece.
>>
>>79623352
Saw it in the cinema recently.
In any other movie the events that take place would be perceived as horror, since we see the whole film from the perspective of the disturbed protagonist however even the most gruesome things that happen seem perfectly ordinary and the film takes the form of a bizarre drama about a lonely woman raised in complete isolation by her parents and her parents only - and the consequences their cold, medicinal world view have on her life after their death. A very good film. The performances really are good but I don't agree with it being disturbing. It would be if it were any other movie. Quite the accomplishment.

7 or 8 out of 10 seems about right, just watch it.
>>
>>79624124
deserves all the criticism leveled against A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night (2014) but won't get it because there's no hype around it and it wasn't directed by a woman
>>
It's ok. Seen better, like most films with a crutch (this one uses muh damaged womyn) it just sort of meanders around predictably then fizzles out and we're supposed to be satisfied with a glimpse into this strange life rather than getting an actual well written story.

It's not really a horror either, just another dark thriller with violence and crazy people.
>>
>>79624178
Don't compare it to that piece of shit.
I think you went in with the wrong expectations.
A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night is pretentious amateur bullshit that was clearly made by a teenage girl. This has no pretension about it, it's just what >>79624254 says, a glimpse into this strange life. If you don't like it, that's fine, but it is superior to AGWHAAN on every level.
>>
Saw it two nights ago. Great cinematography and atmosphere but it went nowhere. Was a big let down desu.
>>
>everyone saying it went nowhere
It's a study on isolation, ya mongs ;^)
Her telling her son DON'T LISTEN TO THEM is the perfect payoff. Cretins.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.