[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so is season 2 going to be about finding the real killers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5

so is season 2 going to be about finding the real killers?
>>
>>79616780
It's going to be about the civil suit.
>>
i get the impression it uses racism to somewhat excuse the wacky verdict

is this correct?
>>
>>79616825

The defense's narrative was basically that the LAPD was racist and all the physical evidence couldn't be trusted that was gathered by them.
>>
Rodney King
>>
No, it was already revealed that it's an anthology series and that the next season will be about Hurricane Katrina because "that whole situation was a crime". No, I'm not making this up.
>>
Amanda Knox
>>
>>79616873
seems like oj did it, and somehow a racist cop also happened to frame him anyways
>>
>>79618100
This is the most likely conclusion
Most times evidence is planted, its planted to secure a conviction of a probably guilty suspect rather than to frame a totally innocent person
Either way OJ did it and he knew it
>>
i just started watching this yesterday. really good show
>>
>>79618400
yup yup, they even make you like oj, which is odd. but it pulls you in, like you experience it from david schwimmers pov
>>
>>79616825
ACS is somewhat centrist in its approach.
>>
>>79616780
raped in italy
>>
Why didnt they include the part where he says those are some ugly ass shoes and then they find a pic of him wearing them?
>>
>>79618465
>tfw felt bad for OJ when he was crying and wanted to kill himself
>progressively feel less and less bad as he gets cockier and cockier
>>
>>79618100
>>79618295
Dude the cops didn't do shit to frame OJ. The forensic evidence against OJ is both overwhelming and particular.

The defense relied on leveraging the LAPD's reputation for racism to cast reasonable doubt on all evidence presented. That coupled with the jury not understanding how DNA works led to the not guilty verdict because didn't feel a conviction had been proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

With the backdrop of the Rodney King riots the OJ trial was blown out of proportion to the point where it was more about race relations in LA than the actual murder case.
>>
>>79618465
>david schwimmers pov
kek
>>
The thing that gets me about the OJ trial is it's only ever "he did it" or "he didn't do it". There are zero alternative theories. Either OJ murdered his wife and that guy, or they just mysteriously ended up dead.
>>
>>79618295
I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of black people believe he did do it, but sought a not guilty verdict to stick it to white people. This was not long after the riots over police injustices, the early 90s were bad times to be black and within easy reach of police. OJ isn't presented as innocent, it's mostly ambiguous as to whether he did or did not do the deed. I believe he did it, and I'm not white. US courts and law don't really care if you're completely innocent or guilty. What matters is your argument, usage/knowledge of law, and credible/reasonable doubt or enough evidence/argument that you did it. OJ had a great legal defense team and got lucky that cops dropped the ball. White people were probably mad as fuck, wish I wasn't a toddler then so I could have enjoyed the butthurt.
>>
>>79617285
I'm interested to see if they cover the widespread looting and crimes in the city during the hurricane, and if Ray Nagin's criminal actions will be a focus.
>>
>>79618683
Some of the jurors from the trial said they believed personally that OJ did it, but didn't think the prosecution has proven it 100%.
>>
>>79618676
Because it's pretty fucking obvious he did it.
Also doesn't help that he made absolutely no effort to reach out and try to help investigators find the "real" killer and was found guilty in the civil suit trial.
>>
>>79618465
Why wouldn't you like OJ as a person? The man was popular enough that people wouldn't see a black man, they'd be like "nigger, nigger, spic, the Juice, nigger, chink". He was beyond skin color up until the crime allegations. Only one beyond that level of being loved was 80s Michael Jackson.
>>
>>79618611
the racist cop was clearly capable and coincidentally clearly incredibly racist,
he talked but directly refused to say he didnt tamper with evidence specifically because we was afraid of being found guilty of perjury again

the lead defense woman made it clear that it would have been astoundingly difficult to plant all the blood evidence, but oj was the one who put the blood there in the first place, the crooked cop only had to plant the glove
we're already 90% there with having this cop who hates black people on a case about a black person, its not unlikley considering all the evidence
>>
>>79618676
There's a few theories like his son doing it.
>>
>>79618774
>clearly incredibly racist
How was he clearly racist?
>>
>>79618744
Then the system worked. I can believe someone did something, that doesn't give me the right to react to them and do something crazy without substantial evidence. Ever see Scarface when he shoots his best friend?
>>
>>79618774
>continued
the idea that the cop tampered with the evidence is what gave plausibility to oj being found not guilty. otherwise he would hav been convicted.
>>79618813
>How was he clearly racist?
how wasnt he? he lied about calling people nigger, clearly, and the tapes from the show dictate him mauling and harassing numbers of people just for being "niggers"
>>
Didnt they say OJ would watch his wife having sex with other men lol? OJ was a cuck.
>>
>>79618876
>he lied about calling people nigger
Everyone says nigger though. Its not really a big deal. There are plenty of people out there that deserve to be called niggers.
>>
>>79618949
sometimes people say nigger, but seriously

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuhrman_tapes

"The tapes include many racist slurs and remarks made by Fuhrman, including uses of the word "nigger," descriptions of police brutality perpetrated on black suspects "
>>
OJ was found guilty of wrongful death in civil court, so rather than rotting away in prison the Brown family got to siphon every last penny he had to the point he was robbing sports bars in Las Vegas and got himself locked up anyways.
>>
>>79616780
Season 2 will be OJ's slow descent into madness leading to the robbery in Las Vegas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_qzJnPFkzE
>>
>>79618978
he moved to florida where he had a house and his pension was safe (couldnt be garnered by the court), he was set for life.
whatever fuck ups he made after that were his own
>>
>>79618978
The family got less than 500k from OJ. He moved all his assets to Florida so they couldn't be seized due to debt.
>>
>>79619014
>>79619004
Damn, how the nigga gonna fuck up that bad twice?
>>
>>79618560
That happened in the civil trial. OJ never went on the witness stand during the trial in the show
>>
the whole point of the series was that OJ was basically a white man and that some other nigga did it
>>
>>79616780
did the peppy Kardashians give anyone else a boner?
>>
>>79618978
I still don't get this civil court. How did he lose via wrongful death in civil court but got acquitted of murder in the trial court?
>>
>>79618295
White people get away with killing black people all the time, it's about time a black man got off for killing a white bitch.
>>
>>79619093
Jury in the criminal case was full of black people. Later, some admitted they weren't going to find OJ guilty no matter what because they wanted "revenge" for Rodney King.
Civil case had a human jury.
>>
File: IMG_6083.jpg (144KB, 1044x752px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6083.jpg
144KB, 1044x752px
>>79616780
What country was she raped in again?
>>
>>79618560
They are some ugly ass shows, and the trousers are too big. A man with OJ's money and profile can afford to dress better.
>>
>>79619148
thanks. that's fucked up
>>
>>79618949
He was recorded on tape saying he wants to frame black people
>>
>>79618774
>he talked but directly refused to say he didnt tamper with evidence specifically because we was afraid of being found guilty of perjury again

The thing about the 5th Amendment is you either evoke it for your entire examination, or you don't evoke it at all. You can't just answer all the questions you have an easy response for, and then plead the 5th on the hard ones. Otherwise there'd be no point to ever cross-examining anyone.

Fuhrmann might have pleaded the 5th because he didn't want to talk about OJ's glove specifically, who knows? But he might have been perfectly comfortable to talk about the glove if that's all he knew he'd have to talk about, and only pleaded the 5th because he didn't want to talk about some other case or some other recording (and he knew by then the Defense were going to drag up anything and everything from his past).
>>
>>79618465
Kardashian in the show is a insert. He didnt do most of the things on the show he did in real life.
>>
>>79616780
it wasn't about OJ it was about optics, realities, revealing the furman tapes to the public, this is why cochrane joined the team and took it over. The LAPD did fuck up the evidence chain and Furman plead the fifth on if he planted evidence. The OJ case was doomed to acquittal if the jury had any integrity, all the evidence was contaminated.

the defense had zero answers for how to trust evidence that was entirely suspect. The jury realized their intractible position and did what little justice they could manage. Did OJ do it? Almost obviously he was guilty. But was the evidence clean and beyond reproach? No. The evidence was tainted, even by Furman's standards after the fact in his book.

By law, you could not convict. So he was acquitted. The LAPD needed a severe shake up, and it took this horrible case to do it.
>>
>>79619248
He was talking to a writer about a movie, for fuck's sake. How that was allowed into the trial is baffling.
>>
>>79619274
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuhrman_tapes
he already talked about framing black people, he framed black people, multiple times, its a moot point
>>
>>79618876
Weren't those tapes him playing a character or something?
>>
>>79619311
no, it was for a book based on real life

"Screenwriter Laura Hart McKinny was interested in writing a screenplay and a novel about the experience of women police officers"
>>
>>79619332
>cont.
"McKinny engaged Fuhrman as a consultant to provide background information about the reality of the experiences of LAPD officers and to serve as a technical advisor in the development of a screenplay."
>>
>>79619300
Just watch any other interviews with him, like the ones in O.J. Made in America. Clearly closeted racist.
>>
>>79619093
Let's say I'm holding a party on my brand new balcony.

The guy who built the balcony specifically told me it was constructed to hold the weight of 10 people.

I openly encourage 20 people to stand out on my balcony. It collapses, and people die.

Am I guilty of murder? No, or at least that would be very hard to prove unless you can actually prove me somehow tampering with the structure.

Am I guilty of wrongful death? That's a much easier case to prove.
>>
>>79619308
>he already talked about framing black people, he framed black people, multiple times, its a moot point

your link doesn't prove that at all

fuhrman is based and dindu nuffin. I love how he shows up on TV shows now as a commentator
>>
>>79619362
saying nigger was normal back then

especially when you deal with niggers at your job all day
>>
Im glad OJ got away it

Killed a Jew & White trash bitch, what a legend
>>
>>79619164
I know it started with an I but it could have been anywhere.
>>
>>79619377
>Fox News

Of course he'd appear there

The guy fucked up big time, if he had just been honest from the start there wouldn't have been the shitshow. Why would he commit perjury unless he had something to hide? Like maybe he planted the glove?
>>
>>79619377
>doesnt prove
are you a flat earther too?
>>
File: captain-america.gif (883KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
captain-america.gif
883KB, 500x269px
>>79616780
>watch People v OJ for the first time
>mfw watch Civil War immediately after and laugh when the Falcon quipped about Fuhrman.
It's true, all of it.
>>
>>79617285
Liberals got furious about Bush ignoring Katrina, but then said nothing about Obama golfing during the louisiana floods

What a joke
>>
>>79619377
he was caught on tape, admitting to racist shit for 13 fucking hours. mutilating people and calling them niggers. confessing to framing black people. calling women dykes
>no pruf
go be butthurt somewhere else
>>
>>79619469
Bush didn't even ignore Katrina. The stupid ass governor never asked the federal government for help when the situation got out of hand. It would have been illegal for him to do anything until then.
>>
>>79619308
There's other recordings that could have been out there, there's other cases he might have been involved in, there's other things he may have stretched the truth on.

I'm not saying Fuhrman was a good bloke by any stretch of the imagination. But refusing to answer the glove question doesn't inherently mean he planted the glove.
>>
>>79619569
It's enough to cast reasonable doubt
>>
>real killers

kek

all this trial proved was you can get away with murder if enough people chimp out

sucks for the family of the victims tho
>>
>>79619612
If that was the only evidence against OJ I'd agree with you. But there was a shit load
>>
>>79619569
sure, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. his statement wasnt fully conclusive. im just saying, he admitted on tape to tampering with evidence in black trials, only when you add that to his refusal to comment do you point more to his guilt
>>
>american justice system
at least in the end he got locked up like he should have been in the first place.
>>
>>79617285

so they're ruining this series like they did with true detective.

they're idiots for not doing the 2005 Michael Jackson trial.

An example of someone who was innocent despite everyone thinking he was guilty.
>>
>>79619846
the jury said they think he was innocent, but only about this incident.
and honestly, m.j. was a total man child. like a literal 12 year old child in a mans body. unnervingly so. somehow i feel like something about his vast ummaturity led to this. sleeping in the same bed with kids, not understanding the problem there, wanting to be a child forever. just seems like a really stunted guy.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.