[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The prequels weren't really that bad. I still kind of enjoy them.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

The prequels weren't really that bad. I still kind of enjoy them.
>>
Revenge of the Sith at the very least is kino, it's been too long since I've watched I and II to comment.
>>
I can sit through and enjoy Phantom Menace and feel indifferent to Revenge of the Sith.

But Attack of the Clones may just be the worst thing ever made when you think about the time, effort and budget put into it.
>>
>>79612207
1 is more like a little kids movie but its just meh to me. 2 isn't even that bad either just has some clunky dialogue. People say the romance is so unbelievable but I really don't think so if you just look at it as two good looking people falling in puppy love. Shit happens all the time IRL
>>
>>79612185
They were bad but it was a fun bad. Look at how it's been over 10 years and we can still have entertaining prequels threads with lots of jokes and it gets a good amount of enjoyment from a lot of people on this board.
>>
I unironically enjoy every Star Wars movie except VII.
>>
>>79612264

The romance doesn't have to be believable when one of the concerned member can bend people to his own will using mind tricks.
>>
>>79612289
Agreed. 7 was too SJW for me. Rey is a Mary Sue and Finn is a shoe horned diversity quota character. Kylo became a joke when he took off his mask and then lost to a girl in a lightsaber duel
>>
>>79612207
kino?
>>
V>IV>Rogue One>VI>The Clone Wars animated show>Revenge of the Sith>VII>I>II
>>
I don't hate the prequels at all. But I do hate sand. It's course and rough and irritating, and it gets everywhere.
>>
>>79612435
It just had no soul. It was a blatant remake of ANH and every part of the movie, from the dialogue to the skin colors of the characters, felt like it passed through 3 different corporate boardrooms before approval. The whole thing felt like it was designed to be as shallow as possible and to appeal to as broad a spectrum of viewers as possible to try and make the most money possible.

It's the only Star Wars movie where I felt nothing after seeing it. I just kind of felt empty and mildly disgusted.

I don't think I'm going to watch The Last Jedi in theaters. And that pains me, because I'm as big a Star Wars fan as anyone: I love the Originals, I enjoy watching the prequels, I love The Clone Wars. It's cool and it's fun and it distracts me from my own pretty shitty life. But The Force Awakens was none of that, and that’s kind of sad.
>>
>>79612185
Episode 3 is good in its own autistic way
>>
test
>>
>>79612658
Rogue One is not better than episode VI fucking

This scene beats anything in Rogue One
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oezZTXzXs90
>>
>>79612692
The Last Jedi could be good though. If only for scenes of Luke Skywalker being OP and using cool force powers wrecking shit. If they misuse the character of Luke then I'm done with the sequels
>>
>>79612828
I don't know. I saw The Force Awakens like a week after it came out and avoided any spoilers. I'm definitely going to read a summary before seeing TLJ, I'm not wasting my money on The Empire Strikes Back 2.0 or if Luke doesn't do shit.
>>
>>79613108
Yeah I'll probably read summaries too. I can't support it if Finn fucks Rey or if they make Luke a punk bitch
>>
>>79612185
They are that bad, but they definitely have a sort of unique charm to them.
>>
>>79612185
Global Rule #2: You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.
>>
>>79613198
what's so bad about 3
>>
3 is the best. 1 is ok. 2 is the worst.
>>
>>79613550
3 is only "good" because of the last minute with Obi-wan and Anakin.
>>
No, the prequels were terrible.

Check out the reviews at redlettermedia com, they explain things perfectly. Also check out confusedmatthew com for more great reviews of the prequels
>>
>>79612283
they're borderline "so bad it's good" tier, they're in a weird place
>>
>>79612185
I like them too
>>
>>79612828
You know they're going to kill him, right?
>>
>>79612185
The prequels were horrible. The only redeeming feature was neta lee hershlag.
>>
>>79612658
Love this
>>
>>79612185

only EP2 and RO are the shit ones.

TFA is a rehash but i still enjoyed it

i have no problem rewatching any of them except RO which is the worst one.

Ok with EP2 because i like coruscant and the big sandman massacre
>>
>>79617826
RO is more of a side-story anyway.
>>
Phantom Menace was unironically the best prequel movie.

Fuck RLM, Walker, reddit and other cucks.
>>
>>79612185
They're fine. The prequel hate is a meme.
>>
>>79612207
Bullshit. Episode 3 was where we were supposed to learn exactly what turned Anakin into Darth Vader. And what did we get?
>because I had a dream about my girlfriend dying during childbirth
Astonishing really. How there are still apologists for that really gets my noggin choggin.
>>
>/tv/ went full circle and after years of mocking prequels it will now start praising them and tearing new Disney adaptations apart, just to piss off reddit
>>
>>79618557
you see this is either willful cognitive dissonance or just retardation if all you gleamed from Anakin's motivations were
>>because I had a dream about my girlfriend dying during childbirth
>>
>>79612658
accurate
>>
File: 1485993626464.jpg (392KB, 1920x1911px) Image search: [Google]
1485993626464.jpg
392KB, 1920x1911px
>>79612185
I get enjoyment out of them as flicks, but I don't consider any of them as good as the OT or TFA
>>
>>79618557
Right, so he also had a couple of violent episodes where he chopped up some villagers, and got a bit lippy with the other Jedi. But the denouement was crisp and clear:
>your wife is going to die, I'm the only one who can teach you how to save her but that means embracing some dark-side techniques
That was it, the rest was just side-salad.
>>
>>79619299
woops, intended for
>>79618752
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.