[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this show good? I want to watch it but something about the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: wEp7ec8OudlngZ5dhoqSHJUDFdq.jpg (231KB, 1366x2048px) Image search: [Google]
wEp7ec8OudlngZ5dhoqSHJUDFdq.jpg
231KB, 1366x2048px
Is this show good? I want to watch it but something about the artstyle make me dont want to
>>
File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>79604084
>"mhmmm is this show actually good ?"
>"I know, I'm gonna ask /tv/, they always give good advice"
>>
Never watched it but it sounds dumb.
>>
>>79604129
I don't have anyone else ... so...
>>
>>79604084
It's worth a watch.

Not as bad as /tv/ says it is, not as good as reddit says it is.

Times it doesn't take itself too seriously is when it shines, unfortunately that isn't what it spends the majority of time doing.
>>
>>79604084
it's really good, not many shows have hit so close to home as this one did. it's a really really good depiction of depression.
>>
>>79604253
>it's a really really good depiction of depression.

No it isn't. It's fine that it resonated with you, but that statement isn't true.
>>
>>79604084
Season 3 is really dark and they also had more political propaganda in it. I do like the show, though.
>>
>>79604320
well at least explain why you don't think it is...
>>
>>79604084
The show shines in its respect for continuity and it's talent for subverting expectations. It's not hard to get invested in bojack since he means well, which only makes his failures sting more
>>
>>79604320
I was friends with an actual patient of clinical depression for a long time, and the depiction of it in the show was pretty much spot-on how she had acted during the time we were friends
>>
>>79604320
Yes it is. Dude has money, still has some fame and can fuck bitches but unhappy as fuck still. He's also a pretty shit guy

Ep 11's are always good with this show. The show itself is nothing groundbreaking but still, its worth a watch
>>
Season one was pretty good. The rest is too edgy. The art style is not a problem after 2 o 3 episodes. Kinda grows on you. Good show. Nothing amazing tho
>>
>>79604461
>fish out of water
that was pretty kino anon
>>
there is also an enumerable amount of animal related puns and gags. sometimes you gotta pause
>>
File: 1487514722556.jpg (39KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
1487514722556.jpg
39KB, 640x627px
>>79604359

Because depression is nothing. And I don't mean it doesn't exist, but that it turns you to nothing. You want, feel, need nothing. Depression isn't being mopey and feeling sorry for yourself, depression is the total regression from anything that makes you human. Emotions, desires, aspirations, interests... don't exist to the truly depressed.

Bojack, while somewhat exhibiting these traits, was a self-centered asshole. His problems stemmed from his total self-interest and self-destruction, amplified by his circle of enablers.

Bojack is just a shitty person (horse) who is only slightly aware just how shitty he is, but that awareness is eclipsed by his ego, only peeking out when necessary.
>>
>>79604084
it is actually good

4chan won't tell you that though
>>
This show has the most visceral depiction of depression I've seen on TV ever. People with depression will relate to Bojack but if you don't have depression you'll appreciate the humour and funny situations all the same. 10/10 for me
>>
>>79604568
That actually sound pretty good. Maybe ishould join OP and watch this
>>
Its family guy tier jokes with a dash of edgyness and depression. Its only worth watching if you can relate with the characters
>>
>>79604505
Oh yeah, that episode was seriously great. Probably my favourite from the last season
>>
>>79604568
with that description of depression then the best portrayal of depression would be a blank slate, lol. obviously depression is a complex state and its effect on people varies, just because bojack's depression comes from different issues that you don't relate to doesn't make it not depression. i'm depressed and i can feel above everyone else while still feeling like the lowest vermin.
>>
>>79604568
He's a self centered asshole because he made it in hollywood, so much that he can still live off of that sweet money.

I get where you're coming from though, but i'd say this kind of depression is common amongst rich/famous people, or the people who're living in good conditions.

Btw the show can get real dark sometimes t b h
>>
>>79604841
>Being depressed = suffering from depression

Well, it is my fault for expecting anything better from this Taiwanese typewriter television channel.
>>
Mr Peanut butter is the only reason you need to watch this show
>>
We can all agree that this show would be way better without Tod and Dianne, right?
>>
>>79605035
yeah, you just go straight from being normal to immediately suffering from depression. there's no transition. your point is stupid, you're saying that just because his depression isn't as severe as yours, it can't make suitable commentary on depression. but yeah just write off the entire board as dumb taiwanese (?) who have never actually been "depressed".
>>
>>79604568
>Bojack is just a shitty person (horse) who is only slightly aware just how shitty he is

reminder that the entirety of the series is a running joke about how all of bojack's problems stem from a lack of self-awareness, and horses are not self aware.
>>
>>79605535
I kinda like todd, I like the goofy character sometimes.
Dianne is shit, i cant stand her. Mr peanutbutter deserved better
>>
it kicked me right into depression

great show
/tv/ don't like good stuff

>generic 90s grunge song
>something from seattle
>>
>>79604084
>le reddit hoersman XD XD XDDDD

Nope, pure cancer.
>>
>>79605686
almost every comment here is positive.
>>
>>79604084
The most boring and pretenstious cartoon I have ever watched
>>
>>79605648
more like the "why the long face" joke
>>
>>79605696
Why? Did you see it? kinda feel like a default answer for everything in /tv/
>>
>>79604084
Watch one episode, then think that the rest of the show is that repeated ad infinitum.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.