[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Box Office FAIL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0022.jpg (1MB, 2031x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0022.jpg
1MB, 2031x3000px
The Great Wall
>Budget: 150 mil
>Opening Weekend: 21 mil.

Why did it fail /tv/?
>>
>>79597409
>Why did it fail /tv/?

But it didn't.

>As of February 19, 2017, The Great Wall has grossed $18.1 million in the United States and Canada and $244.6 million in other territories for a worldwide total of $262.7 million, against a production budget of $150 million.
>>
>>79597409
movie was made for china, matt damon is apparently huge over there.

The US release is an afterthought
>>
>>79597409
>only ever hear about it on /tv/ and literally no where else

I wonder.
>>
>>79597409

will do gangbusters in its native land
>>
>>79597488
Why's matt damon even huge in china?
>>
>>79597511

Where do you live?
>>
THE GREAT WALL IS A FAILURE!!!!!!

Americuck BTFO. AMERICAN movies being marketed in China, get rekt faggots.

>6.9%
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
>>
>>79597543
Because Chinese are small. Duh.
>>
>>79597543
why wouldnt he be?
>>
>>79597409
Phoneposters cant b8, so im considering this an actual unironic post which leads to my conclusion that you are fucking retarded. A simple and very effective look at the numbers website would show you that this movie is in fact very succesful worldwide and mildly succesful in the us.
>>
Why is it so successful worldwide? Do the Chinese actually like seeing movies set in their country made in the US?
>>
>>79597596
>Do the Chinese actually like seeing movies set in their country made in the US?

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
Because no one outside of China wants to see chinese people on screen

In before Bruce Lee was a big draw, martial arts were the draw not him
>>
>>79597596
It was filmed entirely in China though so I read
>>
>>79597634

Lol kek'd for overuse of the word 'retarded'. Learn some other insulting vocabulary fuckhead.
>>
>>79597740
So you just assumed im the same anon even tough there literally is no evidence to your retarded claim? i mean how fucking retarded do you have to be to actually write that?
>>
>>79597409
Didnt chinese make this movie? Its just the language is in english if i remember right

Makes sense it does much better worldwide
>>
>>79597596
you fucking retard.
>>
>>79597488
>>79597543

[citation needed]
>>
>>79597713
Asians in general should stick to animated stuff. No one wants to see them in real life.
>>
>>79597409

It made back it's budget in china alone
>>
>>79597713
Bruce was charismatic, and traditionally handsome. He'd have gone far in Hollywood had he lived.
>>
>>79597409

Like others have said, it's primarily a Chinese movie for Chinese. I'm fine with that.

As to why didn't it make as much money as they hoped...just LOOK at it. What's the plot? A foreigner gets trapped at the Great Wall for theft and finds out this great landmark wasn't to keep out nomadic tribes (well, mainly in the Qin Dynasty), it was used to keep out...monsters. a LOT of monsters. And the world never heard of them because of reasons.

The plot is fucking ridiculous. So I say let's treat this movie like the Chinese would treat one of ours, pirate it, laugh at it, discard it.
>>
>>79597555
That new xxx movie is much the same
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.