[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Young Adult Movie HATE THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Divergent.png (3MB, 2054x1037px) Image search: [Google]
Divergent.png
3MB, 2054x1037px
Is it me, or is almost every Y.A.M. released after the year 2005 are complete and utter trash? Especially those those released post-2010? One of the best examples of this is the shitshow they call "Divergent". I mean come on, this is a blatant Hunger Games - Harry Potter ripoff that has a plot a 12 year old could come up with. Utter trash.
>>
>>79590779

These movies would be decent if they just picked a different fucking actress, she was so terrible i couldn't get through the second one
>>
You can easily fix these movies by making them R.

They're too safe to actually take on any real issues of teenage angst towards society.
>>
>>79590779
>after the year 2005 are complete and utter trash?
What the FUCK are you talking about? The movies released before that year are trash as well
>>
>>79591412
This.

Hollywood is too much of a pussy to make a movie that actually deals with teenage depression, alienation and male virginity. all their movies are like "I'm a conventionality attractive teen with model-tier looks, I easily make friends and get a gf but i'm so emo and socially akward teehee"
>>
>>79590779
Harry Potter is trash. Oldfag here btw.
>>
Do the Maze Runner movies count? I enjoyed those two
>>
File: 5464645.png (78KB, 185x191px) Image search: [Google]
5464645.png
78KB, 185x191px
this movies are for girls, son

you must have very poor unsatisfying life there in ur basement if you watch it
>>
>>79591207
>could get through the first one
you have to be 18 to post here
>>
>>79591515
Only the first one was good. Was actually an interesting idea.

Second was a worse version of world war z/oblivion.
>>
>>79591481

Like that new trailer for the Power Rangers reboot where the objectively 7/10 pink ranger is getting bullied and called ugly so she cuts her hair or whatever.

Its stupid.
>>
>>79590779
>childrens film are no longer to my liking after I become too old for the targeted audience

wow
>>
Is this where we resurrect the scarch meme
>>
>>79590779
1st was pretty bad, idk why they made another 2
>>
>>79590779
It's the post-Harry Potter zeitgeist.

The most common central theme of young adult stories shifted from "coming of age" to "you are the chosen one". You see a stark decline in the number of general comedy-drama stories about high schoolers adapting to life and a rise in the number of stories about super-special teenage heroes who are amazing just because they exist and who fight to take down the corrupt authority du jour, all the while being worshiped by the supporting cast.

I wouldn't worry about it longterm because the trend is beginning to undergo death throes.
>>
>>79590779
Never watched these - their taglines screamed 'special snowflake'
>>
>>79590779
I thought it was the Hunger Games crossed with The Giver
>>
File: Eva.jpg (376KB, 1683x1241px) Image search: [Google]
Eva.jpg
376KB, 1683x1241px
>>79591650
Honestly sounds like we need a Hollywood adaptation of Evangelion to deconstruct this genre
>>
>>79591412
Then a large chunk of their core audience wouldn't be able to see them in the theaters.
>>
>>79591207
Since when has acting mattered in movies like this?
She's just there to look hot
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.