[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honest opinion /tv/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

Honest opinion /tv/?
>>
Most of /pol/'s obsession steams from personal insecurity but they still do a great job highlighting the problems.
>>
Only movie i can think of that follows the original source too closely. The scenes are just ripped from the original, which would normally be good, except it never earns or has a reason to have those scenes.

There's obviously plenty of changes. But those changes make me sad.
>>
>>79583485
Decent
its the only type of movie hack snyder can actually do
>>
Needed squid monster.
>>
A lot of people said it was shit and was a horrible rendition of the comics but I liked it
>>
File: IMG_0529.png (2MB, 784x1099px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0529.png
2MB, 784x1099px
>>79584068
>>
>>79583485
What was his fucking problem?
>>
>>79583485
It insists upon itself.
>>
>>79583485
It's fantastic. Why do we have to discuss this film every week? Nobody ever posts about Nolan's non-Batman flicks.
>>
>>79584127
There are only 3 Batman films, all by Nolan, what are you talking about?
>>
It added a bunch of pointless fight scenes and violence which goes against the whole point of the book, which is that these are a bunch of old, overweight mentally ill losers punching people in spandex. Visually it works but its completely without soul or meaning.
>>
>>79584068
>>79584100
Fuck haters. The squid would've been fun. Marvelfags would've retroactively screamed edgy but god damn the brain octopus would be a kaijukino sight to see.
>>
Everyone was perfectly cast except Ozymandias.
>>
Dr Manhattan was the only thing that made this movie special for me, and that character felt like it hasnt been done good enough

Apparently its like that in comics too. This is why i was very excited about superman, same director could've made a good god story this time. It failed. Again.
>>
>>79584188
What do you think could've changed/been better? Less gay?
>>
Perfect adaptation, captures the feeling of the book 100%.

Improved ending too. 7/10 one of the best movies of the genre
>>
>>79583485
meh
>>
>>79583485
Literally r*ddit
>>
>>79584205
>Less gay?
Duh. In the movie he was a faggot. In the comic he was your macho big chinned big guy.
>>
>>79584205
Yeah he just seemed too young and not the ubermensch he should have been
>>
>>79584127
>Why do we have to discuss this film every week?

Marvelcucks want to shit retroactively on Snyder and despite his last failures this movie is objectively better than anything in the MCU by far, classic contrashilling we see here everyday

Remember when no one gave a fuck about the prequels anymore but in 2008 or so just before being bought by Disney the internet became obsessed on how bad they were and how little sense they made? Mysteriously once they were bought by the Mouse, suddenly articles defending them popped up all the time? Same shit, on a smaller scale
>>
>>79584314
>want to shit retroactively on Snyder and despite his last failures this movie is objectively better than anything in the MCU

Watchmen was always shite. He completely missed the point of the book and admitted he only read it originally because of tits and violence, and lo and behold he adds unnecessary action and sex scenes. He took a story about a bunch of sad people trying desperately to remain relevant into generic action schlock. At least marvel hasn't shit all over one of the most iconic comic book stories of all time since Civil war was always shit too
>>
>>79584127
See
>>79584397
>He completely missed the point

Case in point, this guy seems to think Watchmen was about some washed up characters trying to stop a generic villain instead a subversion of silver age comics while capturing the paranoia of the early Reagan administration and the legit fear of a full blown nuclear war because that Star Wars arms race and "empire of evil" bullshit he had going on

Whenever you read "he missed the point because he made the movie pulpy XD", it's Marvel shilling or someone who haven't read the comic at all. Always
>>
>>79584527
No, Snyder didn't make it "pulpy" he took a subversion of the silver age and made it needlessly violent and sex laden. Why did they need to buzzsaw off a man's arms instead of just break them? He did the opposite of "pulp" he grimdarked the fuck out of story that didn't need it.
>his guy seems to think Watchmen was about some washed up characters
That's because it is. Feel free to continue to suck that snyder microdick though.
>>
Prefer the theatrical.
>>
>>79584314
>objectively better than anything in the MCU by far

Watchmen is objectively the best capeshit film period
>>
>>79583485
Worst adaptation of anything to film ever made. It's worse than catwoman.
>>
>8 years and the capeshit genre still hasn't topped this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGCIreIyyYg

What's the excuse?
>>
>>79584604
>grimdark can't be pulp
>Watchmen isn't pulp

Come on son
>>
>>79584830
The book is quite the opposite of pulp, until maybe the ending which is intentionally subverting that expectations. The fights are stagey and being held between out of shape middle aged people, and are not supposed to be pulpy and awesome action scenes. All the extra violence, blood, sex, and action actively detracts from the story and what it was trying to convey.
>>
>>79583529
300 is another example. Most of the disappointing comes from the no-blood thing.
>>
Graphic novel=GOAT
Film adaptation=SHIT

End of discussion
end of thread!
>>
>>79584100
>OR ALL DIE
>WAR?
>Women Against Rape
>I WILL GIVE YOU BODIES BEYOND YOUR WILDEST IMAGININGS
>VAGINA DENTATA

ALAN, DO YOU THINK THERE'S ENOUGH SYMBOLISM YET?
>>
>>79584938
It's pulp.
>>
>>79583485
the best comic movie I have ever seen.
first time I seen it was like 12. hated the shit out of the movie. thought it was stupid and gay.
seen it again last year. how could I bee so stupid back then
>>
It's a great movie if you're in 8th grade.
>>
>>79584127
>Why do we have to discuss this film every week?

DCucks. Every else agreed it was a mediocre adaption of a great comic long time ago
>>
>>79584314
>Marvelcucks want to shit retroactively on Snyder and despite his last failures this movie is objectively better than anything in the MCU by far, classic contrashilling we see here everyday

Pretty sure it's DCucks trying to shill Hack Snyder movies down everyone's throat. But nice try
>>
I found it pretty amusing

mostly due to how melodramatic Rorschach's monologues get
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h24D87SqaLQ

映画。
>>
>>79587565
>>79587587

Whatever you shill, buddy
>>
File: jeffreydeanmorgan.jpg (108KB, 900x603px) Image search: [Google]
jeffreydeanmorgan.jpg
108KB, 900x603px
>>79583485
Single-handily the best casting in the history of capeshit. I'd watch it for no other reason than to admire JDM's performance.
>>
File: 1487295664595.png (48KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1487295664595.png
48KB, 800x800px
Reverse pleb filter
Laughing my ass off by reading "perfect cast"
Jesus christ
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.