[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished watching this. What am I in for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: arrivalposter.jpg (286KB, 800x1249px) Image search: [Google]
arrivalposter.jpg
286KB, 800x1249px
I just finished watching this.
What am I in for?
>>
Wanting to fuck Amy Adams.
>>
>>79576800
You're alright, OP. you're alright
>>
>>79576820
that was after nocturnal animals
>>
File: dignity.jpg (505KB, 2000x1250px) Image search: [Google]
dignity.jpg
505KB, 2000x1250px
>>
>>79576800
Feel sad for Abbot, who died for our sins.

Feel angry at the selfishness of Amy Adams to rope Renner into having a baby with her even though she knew the pain it would cause everyone involved.

Soak up the anti-China anti-Russia propaganda that brought about the climax.

Overall the best thing about the movie was the Heptapod's language itself. The symbols are pretty and I like them. They look like Zen symbols.
>>
>>79576800
Amy Adams can't act. Villenueve can't direct. See the other redpilled thread
>>
>>79577000
This would've been a way better OP
>What do YOU teach the alien?
>>
File: wojack11.jpg (154KB, 1001x823px) Image search: [Google]
wojack11.jpg
154KB, 1001x823px
>>79576800
>tfw you got to watch Kubrick-lite in 2017

Not the GOAT scifi movie, but I'll take it.
>>
Awfully mediocre with a garbage script and garbage acting.
>>
>>79577062
>set up large TV screen inside the ship's greeting room
>play hentai
>aliens start squirting ink everywhere
>alienscome right out and openly share the language instead of being asshats and forcing everyone to figure it out themselves
>peace on earth and peace in the galaxy
>>
>>79577050

>using redpill non ironically

/pol/ needs to gtfo
>>
probably contrarian shitposting about how the movie was actually shit for retarded reasons

I liked it

very good sci-fi
very pretty
very interesting core concepts/aliens
quality sound design, especially in the first half of the movie
>>
>>79576800
this one actually made me chuckle, not bad op
>>
>>79577246
It's probably fine as a movie.

It's pretty garbage as an art movie though (which it's trying to be)
>>
>>79577718
what's the distinction

how is it bad as one and good as another
>>
>>79577764
well a movie is just trying to be sort of interesting and captivate the attention for ~2 hours.

an art film is trying to make a point. it's about ideas. Arrival is pretty bad at conveying its ideas. It has very little meaning, and what little it has is pretty muddled
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.