[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could a Berserk movie work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: berserk_manga_cover_volume_1.jpg (154KB, 400x564px) Image search: [Google]
berserk_manga_cover_volume_1.jpg
154KB, 400x564px
If so, who should play Guts and Griffith?
>>
Matt Damon as Guts
IDK for Griffith
>>
File: amateurobamamichelleteethbadart.jpg (19KB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
amateurobamamichelleteethbadart.jpg
19KB, 500x343px
>>79576096
Ben Affleck is free now, so there you go!
>>
File: 1474811744337.png (531KB, 600x640px) Image search: [Google]
1474811744337.png
531KB, 600x640px
>>79576157
I don't know, I think I would pick Brendan Fraser myself.
>>
>>79576096
Me as Griffith but I'll have to cut down on some muscle first
>>
No one. This should never become a live film.

They tried it with Dragonball and look what happened.

These characters are supposed to remain somewhat unplayable/castable so that we can relate to them better while reading the story. Putting a real face on Guts would taint the character for a lot of people
>>
No. The iconic imagery, namely in the two leads, would be too ridiculous to be put in live-action, but would be ridiculed if changed to look appropriate for the medium.

You can't please everybody, so why even try? The manga and film already have their fans, there is nothing to be gained from a live-action adaption. It won't improve the quality of any aspect, and it would be lucky to get through production without reducing the quality of certain aspects.

tl;dr "no"
>>
I can never tell if Berserk is worth checking out or not.
>>
>>79576220
it is.
the only problem is that is is never gonna end. the writer spends most of his time playing waifu games.
>>
>>79576220
If you like long boat trips, this is the story for you.
>>
>>79576220
Go for it, bro.

Just be thankful you never had to wait for the boat ride to be over if you ever get that far.
>>
>>79576298
I absolutely loved Heart of Darkness, thanks very much.
>>
>>79576211
OP here.

Got to say I agree completely, I can't even begin to imagine how much they would fuck up the Eclipse. I was just curious about it because I've never really seen it discussed.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.